Soundgarden: The Best Band of the 90's

Axl Knows

Guest Len B'stard

I think Kurt would have shat his pants if he'd have heard this performance. His guts would have fallen out if he tried to sing it.

Oooohhh, i get ittt, you're one of thoseee!! Man, you're never gonna get it. Now, tell me, what about that is different from 101 million metal bands except that he can squeak when he wants to? :lol: A load of fuckin crap...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kurt would have shat his pants if he'd have heard this performance. His guts would have fallen out if he tried to sing it.

Oooohhh, i get ittt, you're one of thoseee!! Man, you're never gonna get it. Now, tell me, what about that is different from 101 million metal bands except that he can squeak when he wants to? :lol: A load of fuckin crap...

Better than Nirvana and you know it. rock1 Cornell probably has the most powerful, soulful voice in the entire hard rock/metal scene.

Guest Len B'stard

Oooohhh, i get ittt, you're one of thoseee!! Man, you're never gonna get it. Now, tell me, what about that is different from 101 million metal bands except that he can squeak when he wants to? A load of fuckin crap...

Better than Nirvana and you know it. rock1 Cornell probably has the most powerful, soulful voice in the entire hard rock/metal scene.

We've actually gotten to the bottom of it. You're a metal boy, aren't you? :lol: See now its all making sense...Type O Negative?!?! Come on man, you're embarassing us both. It all makes sense now. Did you just say soulful? :lol: Get the fuck out, now!! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Nah. Infact, I despise about 99% of metal. Try again.

:rofl-lol: A metal boy, i wondered why this discussion was going nowhere fast. Jesus, there's enough for a whole psychological profile here. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, does the poor metal boy get his feely-wheelings hurt by that big bad meanie Kurt when he said meanie things about metal? awww...Sweetie don't worry, it'll be OK, he's dead now, he can't hurt you anymore.

A metal boy that HATES Nirvana and HATES Oasis and HATES The Who (for having the misfortune of being on the same level as the mighty Zep') and yet strangely, goes to see Oasis live. How rough life must be in that small narrow closet. Then again, maybe not, if there's a mirror on the inside of the door you could get a hairbrush and mime along to Morning Glory.

Yes, i can see it now, TONIIIIGHT, I'M A ROCK N ROLL STAARRRRRRRR!!! :D *pats his head* we're all rock n roll stars in our own special little way baby :kiss:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZsMO55Xb9BQ

You just got your dumb ass handed to you son.

And thats soul, is it? I'm sure Marvin Gaye is just trembling up there in Heathen Heaven :lol: And uh, your hand is nowhere near my ass, trust me, i'm touching it now ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

Nah. rock1 Infact, I despise about 99% of metal. Try again. rock1

Did you just say soulful? :lol: Get the fuck out, now!! :lol:

You just got your dumb ass handed to you son. rock2

The only thing you're doing is making a complete fool of yourself. It's like watching a train-wreck.

And you totally don't understand Nirvana if you feel Kurt Cobain was in some sort of "competition" with all those other bands from Seattle. He was a big fan of Soundgarden, actually. And I'm sure Cornell's a big Nirvana fan himself.

Learn2trollbtw

Do I have to tell you again that I don't like metal? :rofl-lol: I'll say it again: I don't like metal. B) Hard rock, grunge, rap all the way for me.

I saw Oasis at Heaton park you silly wanker. They sucked ass. rock1

Cornell's a much better singer than Marvin BTW.

Edited by Axl Knows

Guest Len B'stard
Do I have to tell you again that I don't like metal? I'll say it again: I don't like metal. Hard rock, grunge, rap all the way for me.

Denial, first sign ;) Rap? Shit, i'm impressed...like who? :)

I saw Oasis at Heaton park you silly wanker. They sucked ass.

You went to see a band you dislike...and i'm the silly one? OK. By the way, wanker, shouldn't that be arse? Or do you like to be an American during the week? Is this another closet thing you got going on? "DUDE, YOU LIKE, TOTALLY GOT YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU!!" :lol:

Cornell's a much better singer than Marvin BTW.

:rofl-lol:

What's wrong with metal again, sugaraylen?

How do you mean, in terms of my opinion? Nothing really, not my thing but hey, horses for courses. Why'd you ask?

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Arguing with Robo Axl is futile. It's best to not respond and just wait for him to get banned again.

I kinda like it in a telling kids that the santa in the mall ain't real kinda way :lol:

Denial, first sign ;) Rap? Shit, i'm impressed...like who? :)

You won't give it a rest will you. :rofl-lol: I have one metal album in my entire collection. Blood Mountain by Mastodon. That's it.

In rap, I'm into Brotha Lynch Hung, Eminem, Gravediggaz, and alot of horrorcore and hardcore rap.

You went to see a band you dislike...and i'm the silly one? OK. By the way, wanker, shouldn't that be arse? Or do you like to be an American during the week? Is this another closet thing you got going on? "DUDE, YOU LIKE, TOTALLY GOT YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU!!" :lol:

Yeah, actually, i was invited and had tickets bought for me so I wasn't go to say no, was I?

:rofl-lol:

Yep. Better and dare I say it, more soulful. Marvin could never have competed with this, sorry.

Guest Len B'stard
You won't give it a rest will you. I have one metal album in my entire collection. Blood Mountain by Mastodon. That's it.

In rap, I'm into Brotha Lynch Hung, Eminem, Gravediggaz, and alot of horrorcore and hardcore rap.

Did you just google those, metal boy? :lol: Please, you wouldn't know a rapper if you were one.

Yeah, actually, i was invited and had tickets bought for me so I wasn't go to say no, was I?

OK, so you were invited, presumably by a friend, to go see Oasis at Heaton Park, who bought tickets, especially for you? I'm guessing you only discuss your musical tastes online or your friend might've known. Anyone, i'm happy you had a shit time ;)

Yep. Better and dare I say it, more soulful. Marvin could never have competed with this, sorry. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NmxaFf-lpZY

Yeah...and Marvin was white too...bet you didn't know that, huh?

You kept bring up him being a "metal boy" or something so I was just wondering.

There's nothing wrong with the music that isn't wrong with any other kind of music, it's more the notion of fans who embrace stereotypes because they think its part of their duty as a metalhead, thats kinda lame but not specific to metal by a long chalk.

You kept bring up him being a "metal boy" or something so I was just wondering.

There's nothing wrong with the music that isn't wrong with any other kind of music, it's more the notion of fans who embrace stereotypes because they think its part of their duty as a metalhead, thats kinda lame but not specific to metal by a long chalk.

Gotcha, and yes I agree, I hate those kinds of fans from any genre.

You're absolutely useless. Your only argument is that I'm a "metal boy", whatever that means. :rofl-lol:

Did you just google those, metal boy? :lol: Please, you wouldn't know a rapper if you were one.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166197

Actually, you probably just googled Brotha Lynch Hung and Gravediggaz. You'd never heard of them 'til today, had you? :rofl-lol:

Marvin Gaye was OK, but he's vastly overrated. Chris is the better singer as well as the better musician.

Edited by Axl Knows

Guest Len B'stard
You're absolutely useless. You're only argument is that I'm a "metal boy", whatever that means.

Yeah and part of my metal boy thing is to do with the fact that, CONSISTENTLY on this forum you've proved totally incapable of any kind of discussion. I wanna see it if its there man, gimme the link to the thread where you actually SERIOUSLY discuss something outside of just insults and "it's shit, they're shit, this is better" :lol: As discussions go thats not really very deep and searching is it? But if its a proper discussion your looking for i'm right here the minute you feel like one, in English or American or whichever vernacular you feel like slipping into this hour GEEZAHHH :lol:

Actually, you probably just googled Brotha Lynch Hung and Gravediggaz. You'd never heard of them 'til today, had you?

Toy rap (then again, i am talking to a plastic yank :lol:), buy yourself a copy of Paid In Full and The Adventures of Slick Rick and come talk to me ;)

Marvin Gaye was OK, but he's vastly overrated. Chris is the better singer as well as the better musician.

OK, well here's a basis for discussion...continue, elaborate, what makes you say that? :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah and part of my metal boy thing is to do with the fact that, CONSISTENTLY on this forum you've proved totally incapable of any kind of discussion. I wanna see it if its there man, gimme the link to the thread where you actually SERIOUSLY discuss something outside of just insults and "it's shit, they're shit, this is better" :lol: As discussions go thats not really very deep and searching is it? But if its a proper discussion your looking for i'm right here the minute you feel like one, in English or American or whichever vernacular you feel like slipping into this hour GEEZAHHH :lol:

So the fact that you don't like my posting style makes me a metalhead? How's that work?

Toy rap, buy yourself a copy of Paid In Full and The Adventures of Slick Rick and come talk to me ;)

Already heard Paid in Full. But I think Rakim's best is Let The Rythm Hit 'Em, even though it's not very critically acclaimed. The title track is just an insane display of lyrical skills. The only thing I dislike about Rakim is he just continually raps about how great he is. I'll listen to The Adventures of Slick Rick but I generally prefer OTT rap like Season of Da Siccness which is probably my favourite rap album of all time. NOT "toy rap".

OK, well here's a basis for discussion...continue, elaborate, what makes you say that? :)

His voice is more powerful, he has a much greater vocal range, can sing with a wider variety of styles. Cornell's widely considered to be the best vocalist of the 90's. He also wrote almost all of Soundgarden AND Audioslave's material. His back catalogue is legendary now. I really, really like Marvin but he certainly can't compete with Chris as a vocalist from the perspective of actual singing ability. Songwriting wise, it's down to personal taste I guess. I prefer what Chris has done.

tool, ratm, refused, blind melon, down, pantera, korn and rammstein are just a few 90's bands that are thousands times better than soundgarden

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Tool are like Soundgarden's YET MORE retarded cousin. Even more retarded than Nirvana. I mean, Tool are like the cousin that drools all the time and shits his diapers even though he's 23.

The rest aren't even worth mentioning, I mean, Pantera?... :lol:

Guest Len B'stard
So the fact that you don't like my posting style makes me a metalhead? How's that work?

No, liking metal makes you a metalhead, the inability to discuss (albeit until now) is what makes you a dumbass.

Already heard Paid in Full. But I think Rakim's best is Let The Rythm Hit 'Em, even though it's not very critically acclaimed. The title track is just an insane display of lyrical skills. The only thing I dislike about Rakim is he just continually raps about how great he is.

You'd sorta have to like Rakim and Slick Rick, BLH tries em on enough.

but I generally prefer OTT rap like Season of Da Siccness which is probably my favourite rap album of all time. NOT "toy rap".

This is what i mean by toy rap. That whole bullshittey horrorcore stuff its like...its a joke but you get the feeling it's being taken seriously whereas Ricky D etc were kinda laugh out loud humorous.

His voice is more powerful, he has a much greater vocal range, can sing with a wider variety of styles.

Thats just absolutely untrue. Since you've dropped the pointless insults i will too and discuss this with you...how on earth can you say that? First of all Marvin worked within a different type of music so criticising the fact that he never did any bellowing hard rock type vocals, aside from that, Marv' did it all, check the catalogue dude, Trouble Man, Grapevine, Sexual Healing, Distant Lover...

in fact, fuck all that, just show me how Cornell can contest with this:

Ain't happenin' man, not on anybodys watch. In fact, i can pretty much say, as a cold hard fact that i've never heard Cornell sing a soul style of music, you're free to prove me wrong on that, i'm not exactly his biggest fan but i've heard enough. Marvin laid tracks that Cornell couldn't follow if he wanted to man.

No, liking metal makes you a metalhead, the inability to discuss (albeit until now) is what makes you a dumbass.

But I'm not that into metal. :lol: I like some of it but I own more rap than metal, have a buzzcut, wear colours, and am just completely.... un-metal. :lol:

This is what i mean by toy rap. That whole bullshittey horrorcore stuff its like...its a joke but you get the feeling it's being taken seriously whereas Ricky D etc were kinda laugh out loud humorous.

I don't see how anybody can take "Guess what daddy's bringing home for supper?/black person nuts and guts and slabs of human meat motherfucker..." seriously. :lol: Brotha combined outright black comedy with serious elements, as Eminem does. It's like a joke about how fucked up everything is.

Thats just absolutely untrue. Since you've dropped the pointless insults i will too and discuss this with you...how on earth can you say that? First of all Marvin worked within a different type of music so criticising the fact that he never did any bellowing hard rock type vocals, aside from that, Marv' did it all, check the catalogue dude, Trouble Man, Grapevine, Sexual Healing, Distant Lover...

in fact, fuck all that, just show me how Cornell can contest with this:

That was a fantastic performance, but show me how anybody can contest with this from 4:00 onwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur_xVBRuED0

Ain't happenin' man, not on anybodys watch. In fact, i can pretty much say, as a cold hard fact that i've never heard Cornell sing a soul style of music, you're free to prove me wrong on that, i'm not exactly his biggest fan but i've heard enough. Marvin laid tracks that Cornell couldn't follow if he wanted to man.

Alot of his solo career is soul. Infact, his biggest influence as a musician is Aretha Franklin, which is where he gets his melismatic style of a vocals from, as opposed to most hard rock singers who come from the Blues vocal school. Cornell has ALOT more in common with guys like Marvin than he does with generic metal singer no.543. Listen to these: