Happy Birthday AFD!

ppruks

Lol, I know this, I just don't like the songs. The dude told me to elaborate on my opinion, so I decided to be a douche because I really CAN'T elaborate. I'm just here to piss people off because I have no self esteem in the real world and it makes me feel like big man.

Fixed

Lol. I'm sorry I don't suck the cock of every song the old band ever recorded you douchebag.

Totally.

Anything Goes is wank and should have been left off for Crash Diet.

Your Crazy also does nothing for me on the album and I prefer the Lies version more.

You are saying LB can't elaborate on why he doesn't like the songs, go on elaborate on why they are so "near flawless" that they should be on the album.

I was going to bring up "You're Crazy", too, but I still prefer it to the other two. The acoustic version is far better, in my opinion. Apparently not liking the two weakest songs on an album means I'm here to piss people off. I personally don't even think AFD is their best album, as I much prefer UYI2, but even that has flaws (to me). It's all opinion anyway, something this Nintardo douche should learn.

Lol, I know this, I just don't like the songs. The dude told me to elaborate on my opinion, so I decided to be a douche because I really CAN'T elaborate. I'm just here to piss people off because I have no self esteem in the real world and it makes me feel like big man.

Fixed

Lol. I'm sorry I don't suck the cock of every song the old band ever recorded you douchebag.

Totally.

Your Crazy also does nothing for me on the album and I prefer the Lies version more.

You are saying LB can't elaborate on why he doesn't like the songs, go on elaborate on why they are so "near flawless" that they should be on the album.

I was going to bring up "You're Crazy", too, but I still prefer it to the other two. The acoustic version is far better, in my opinion. Apparently not liking the two weakest songs on an album means I'm here to piss people off. I personally don't even think AFD is their best album, as I much prefer UYI2, but even that has flaws (to me). It's all opinion anyway, something this Nintardo douche should learn.

I was going to say UYI2 was my fav too but I didn't want people thinking I wasn't a "real" fan :lol:

Fixed

Totally.

I was going to say UYI2 was my fav too but I didn't want people thinking I wasn't a "real" fan :lol:

UYI2 is my fav too...

23 years since it came out, I randomly found it on this site http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/today-in-music-0721/ and they've got the year wrong :/

Still an awesome album after 23 years, but definitely looking forward to new music!

Amazing isn't it? The first time I heard WTTJ was in a rehab van on leave, haha. The first time I heard the entire album was that following summer, driving around drinking beer in my friends car and playing that tape over and over. I had never heard anything like it before, just aggressive and awesome. It's so Easy made me want to punch somebody in the face...Paradise City made me want to drive 100 miles an hour.

What an album.

AFD, one of the all time greats, I'm not gonna say it's perfect or the greatest, but I do enjoy it to the 9s whenever I listen to it.

Yeah, but it's kind of 'rock n' roll' perfect', like, I even like the flaws. Wouldn't want to change anything. That kind of perfect.

AFD, one of the all time greats, I'm not gonna say it's perfect or the greatest, but I do enjoy it to the 9s whenever I listen to it.

Yeah, but it's kind of 'rock n' roll' perfect', like, I even like the flaws. Wouldn't want to change anything. That kind of perfect.

I get that, it's not perfect because they worked at making if perfect, it's more like lightning in a bottle, once in a lifetime, stars all aligned kind of stuff...

I get that, it's not perfect because they worked at making if perfect, it's more like lightning in a bottle, once in a lifetime, stars all aligned kind of stuff...

Its not perfect, its raw, and thats what makes it so great.

Its not perfect, its raw, and thats what makes it so great.

I like AFD but it's far from being Raw. The Stooges and The Germs were Raw.

Guns, not so much.

I like AFD but it's far from being Raw. The Stooges and The Germs were Raw.

Guns, not so much.

it's all relative,

For a popular band to be that unpolished in a time when Poison were doing coreographed moves on stage, and every snare drum sounded gated to the max with the reverb pushed up to 10, everything was double tracked, triple, quadruple tracked...

And then there's AFD.

I listened to it a few months back for the first time in...years. What amazes me most about it is the fact that every fucking song is almost flawless. There's not a bad note on the thing. It's truly one of the greatest hard rock albums ever. Maybe even the greatest. You sure as hell could argue it.

"Out Ta Get Me" and "Anything Goes" are far from flawless.

I agree completely-

I haven't heard more than 10 seconds of these 2 songs in years and years. 10 out of 12 is nothing to sneeze at, though. Still sounds relevent and exciting to this day.

I listened to it a few months back for the first time in...years. What amazes me most about it is the fact that every fucking song is almost flawless. There's not a bad note on the thing. It's truly one of the greatest hard rock albums ever. Maybe even the greatest. You sure as hell could argue it.

"Out Ta Get Me" and "Anything Goes" are far from flawless.

I agree completely-

I haven't heard more than 10 seconds of these 2 songs in years and years. 10 out of 12 is nothing to sneeze at, though. Still sounds relevent and exciting to this day.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I think Appetite is great.

It really stands the test of time as well. I remember when Nirvana's big album came out how much I loved it, we played it non stop. That album simply doesn't hold up at all like AFD does.

It really stands the test of time as well. I remember when Nirvana's big album came out how much I loved it, we played it non stop. That album simply doesn't hold up at all like AFD does.

Since it's launch, I've drifted away from it, only to return to it, time, and time again. Its quite rare for an album to do that. I still like Nirvana's Nevermind album, thats cool too.

Personally, I think Nevermind is much more timeless. Almost every teenager I've met who's into rock loves Nirvana. That says alot about how relevant that sound has remained.

Edited by Nintari