Does Chinese Democracy Have Any Singles Left In It?

axlsfury

I've always felt that TWAT was a good bridge between the sound of the old band and the new one. To me it fits in there along Estranged and November Rain, but with a modern feel. It's got great lyrics, a nice warm Les Paul guitar tone in the first solo, then goes modern and breaks new ground for GNR with some soulful shredding (outro) that to me is one of the best parts musically of the album. It's so powerful. I know the song is a bit long, but I could see this being well received on the radio. Look at The Day That Never Comes by Metallica.....this is kind of GNR's version of that and I could see it being a success.

Not two years later, it doesn't. I don't know why people are insisting we should have more singles at this point. Even the singles we had didn't get any promotion, and dropped away quickly. It'd just happen even quicker with a new one.

Better was the only single........well maybe shacklers; but shacklers sounds like an unfinished song.

fix shackler's up a bit, and I think it's a hit.

No other singles on CD.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I've always felt that TWAT was a good bridge between the sound of the old band and the new one. To me it fits in there along Estranged and November Rain, but with a modern feel. It's got great lyrics, a nice warm Les Paul guitar tone in the first solo, then goes modern and breaks new ground for GNR with some soulful shredding (outro) that to me is one of the best parts musically of the album. It's so powerful. I know the song is a bit long, but I could see this being well received on the radio. Look at The Day That Never Comes by Metallica.....this is kind of GNR's version of that and I could see it being a success.

modern rock radio sucks.

i wouldnt love new GNR if they had anything really fit what modern rock radio plays. (looking at you Nickleback.)

Better was the only single........well maybe shacklers; but shacklers sounds like an unfinished song.

No other singles on CD.

That's funny, because where I live, Chinese Democracy charted higher than Better.

See, it's all speculation at best, and will differ by region.

There Was a Time certainly *could* have been a single. Compare it to past GN'R singles and it holds up. Alas, it was never done.

Chinese Democracy + more singles = no chance

They need proper management for next album.

Release the album, then release a single + video each month, until there's no more singles remaining.

To do this, you need single worth material in the first place.

Maybe they should just stick to releasing albums.

Edited by star

No other singles on CD.

That's funny, because where I live, Chinese Democracy charted higher than Better.

There Was a Time certainly *could* have been a single. Compare it to past GN'R singles and it holds up. Alas, it was never done.

Don't you live in Canada

No other singles on CD.

Don't you live in Canada

What does it matter where he lives, your point fell dead on the ground the moment you made it. Better didn't go anywhere as a single and neither did SOD. I have never ever once heard either song played on the radio but heard CD played all the time. Even still played today from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy

Edited by Allen8R

if they do a video that's going to live up to past videos, they need to do TWAT or Catcher or Both. Maybe do This I Love.

I think they should get videos done for all the songs on CD then release them as a dvd.

Better was the single (heard it on the radio tonight along with Sympathy for the Devil, two shockers). They shouldve made it the lead single and promoted it, I believe it couldve gone somewhere. I dont think any other song on the album aside from Streed of Dreams could have very good sucess. CD had moderate sucess because it was the lead single and the hype was very high, any song wouldve done well as the lead single.

No other singles on CD.

Don't you live in Canada

What does it matter where he lives, your point fell dead on the ground the moment you made it. Better didn't go anywhere as a single and neither did SOD. I have never ever once heard either song played on the radio but heard CD played all the time. Even still played today from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy

Did you read my post you twit. It wasn't matter of making point, as it was stating an opinion.

F**ck, did you even read the title of thread. It's an opinion thread, retard.