Which new song comes across best live?

Shackler

I didn't see this posted anywhere,

So which Chinese song do you think is the best live? Not necessarily your favourite song from the album, just the best live translation.

I haven't seen them yet, but i'd have to go for Shackler's, and i hope they play it when i do see them :thumbsup:

Shackler seems to have the most energy of the new songs. I think a lot of them kind of sound off since there isn't a deep Axl voice and high Axl voice like most of the album, but Shackler sounds so awesome. TWAT has never sounded right on any recording I've heard, dating back to the 2006 performances. Axl's voice is just too shaky on it. SOD is usually strong, but the 2002 version was better. It just seems like the whole band gets into Shackler more than any other song. I could imagine Robin flipping his shit and doing all kinds of wacky shit during that if he was still around.

Shackler's ( really hope they do this one in Paris :confused: ), TWAT, IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy ( GREAT opener ).

They do great renditions of Sorry live but it's not a song that I'd really want to hear live.

SOD is great but now that the rasp is back, it does not really work with the song.

Prostitute and Catcher were...not that good live. But that was mainly because of Axl :-/

Scraped would be cool but Axl does not sing the highest vocal parts on the chorus and that's too bad because they probably are my favourite vocals on all the album. :shrugs:

Vocally - This I Love (Axl HAs Nailed it every time since Asia)

Sorry because its easy on the vocals, and Ashba nails the solo

Shacklers for the energy/vibe it gives

I thought better Was Better (LULLLZ) in 06

If the world is also awesome live.

IMO...

TWAT, Prostitute and Riad are still waiting for proper live versions.

Better is otherwise great but Axl doesn't sing the interlude correctly anymore and it kinda kills it. :(

IRS and SOD are hit or miss. Sometimes Axl leaves a line out or sings something too low on these songs, but sometimes the "what this means to me is more..." part blows me away.

Madagascar, If The World, Shackler, Scraped, Sorry are all good.

TIL seems to be the most solid live song performance wise, and it gets a good reaction from non-CD fans too. Chinese Democracy is damn good live too.

EDIT: added Sorry

Edited by Jyrgen

I'd have to say This I Love, Madagascar, and If The World.

Madagascar is a whole different animal when it's live. I had never been much of a fan of the song before I saw Guns live in Hamilton, but when they played it...it was so powerful and amazing. It's one of my favorite songs off of the album now.

Madagascar live blew me away compared to the 06 show I was at

Madagascar is a whole different animal when it's live. I had never been much of a fan of the song before I saw Guns live in Hamilton, but when they played it...it was so powerful and amazing. It's one of my favorite songs off of the album now.

I agree with every word you just said about maddy. Something about it live was just mind blowing

I agree with every word you just said about maddy. Something about it live was just mind blowing

I say it a lot, but Madagascar in Budapest, '06 was the best ever performance of the song imo. The last chorus is fuckin' amazing.

I still can't believe Axl didn't include that last melody of the chorus in the album version.

Guest gunns5

I say it a lot, but Madagascar in Budapest, '06 was the best ever performance of the song imo. The last chorus is fuckin' amazing.

I still can't believe Axl didn't include that last melody of the chorus in the album version.

you got a link to that madagascar, brother?

Edited by gunns5

http://www.videosurf.com/video/guns-n%27-roses-budapest-06-madagascar-8638311

http://www.videosurf.com/video/guns-n%27-roses-budapest-06-madagascar-8638311

This is amazing.