King of Leon Cancel Gig After Pigeon Attack.

Tater Totts

Kings Of Leon were forced to abandon their show in St. Louis, Missouri last night (July 23) after they were inudated by pigeon droppings.

An infestation of birds in the rafters of the Verizon Amphitheatre saw the band bombarded as soon as they took to the stage. According to Kings management the quartet tried to continue but such was the ferocity and direction of the bird excrement that after three songs the group felt they could only call it a night and retreat.

"Jared [Followill] was hit several times during the first two songs," said management spokesman Andy Mendelsohn. "On the third song, when he was hit in the cheek and some of it landed near his mouth, they couldn't deal any longer. It's not only disgusting it's a toxic health hazard. They really tried to hang in there."

The pigeons had earlier provided fair warning of their intentions. Support bands The Postelles and The Stills left the stage complaining of getting riddled with large amounts of bird droppings.

"The Kings of Leon decided to carry on regardless," said the Kings today in a statement released today. "The band felt it would be unfair to the fans to cancel the show at that late moment."

"We couldn't believe what The Postelles and The Stills looked like after their sets," Followill said. "We didn't want to cancel the show, so we went for it. We tried to play. It was ridiculous."

Venue managers told the band's representatives earlier on Friday about "a significant pigeon infestation problem with summer shows over the years, but they were doing all they could to fix it," the statement said.

The band are set to play tonight (July 24) at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Chicago, pigeons willing.

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/52204

That's fuckin' funny.The pigeons must know shit music when they hear it. I havent heard of any other bands having to end shows early due to the pigeons. A friend of mine got roped into going to the Chicago show last night. I bet he was wishing some pigeons would attack!

What ever happened to the saying "The show must go on!"??

I guess these guys said, "The show can't go on, since we're being shit on by pigeons?!"

Oh well, I don't even know who these guys are, but they must be somewhat popular. But not popular enough to start a riot at the same venue Axl Rose did 19 years ago.

Wow, people are really creative with their verbal attacks on Kings of Leon in this thread.

Sure it's a weird reason to end a show, but seriously, to be shat in the face by some pigeons for hours straight probably isn't really that exciting, not for the band and nor the audience.

It somewhat reminds me of this:

Wow, people are really creative with their verbal attacks on Kings of Leon in this thread.

Sure it's a weird reason to end a show, but seriously, to be shat in the face by some pigeons for hours straight probably isn't really that exciting, not for the band and nor the audience.

It wasn't hours on end, they were on stage for about three songs before leaving.

It wasn't hours on end, they were on stage for about three songs before leaving.

No, but it could've been if they hadn't left. I'm just saying, I don't think their reason for leaving the stage is that bad. I mean, they are real people too and I don't think anyone enjoys being shat all over by animals.

I do think they should just move the concert to another date at another venue or something. I didn't read the full article, so correct me if they actually did.

Edited by Gods Favourite

lets hope they never play at the download festival. people throw piss bottles there

They're a radio rock band like Nickelback so they wouldn't get on the bill at a proper rock/metal festival. That being said they put an kiddies pop group as a headliner in 2007. KOL are more suited to the likes of T In The Park.

• 1 month later...

That's fuckin' funny.The pigeons must know shit music when they hear it. I havent heard of any other bands having to end shows early due to the pigeons. A friend of mine got roped into going to the Chicago show last night. I bet he was wishing some pigeons would attack!

I saw kings again on friday at verizonwireless in indy... I like thier shit music. thier catalogue of music is geniune. you ought to check them out. songs like ragoo, on call, arizona. fans ect.. they've been around a while.

I do hope they begin to mix up the touring music setlist they have to choose from. And they should play a little longer gig. 11:20pm curtains