Guns N' Roses Announces UK Tour

henfjel

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an electic atmosphere in Glasgow bk in 2006 for sure, still ranks as my top gig. Can't believe that despite playing Leeds and Reading, only English dates are up. Could accept London and another major city, but why not add Cardiff and Glasgow then that covers a decent portion of the country. Bloody promoters!!

That's not a UK tour, that's a fucking English tour. Get your act together GNR! Better audiences await over the border.

wasn't the show in Glasgow in 2006 the only one that was a sell out?

also glasgow crowds know how to rock.

It certainly sold out the fastest. The crowd was insane...

I was there and the crowd was a lot rougher than the one in London but preferred the London gig because I didn't have to worry every 5 seconds about getting an elbow in the face :shrugs:

I loved every second, the place was bouncing, I think the band were quite taken aback at the energy the crowd had pent up. Still, by all accounts you and Syd had it quite rough for the first couple of songs.

Haha being a scrawny 16 year old at the time and trying to look after a woman at a gig in Glasgow was always going to prove difficult. The first three songs were mental but it settled down after that. London was a whole lot tamer on my body but I was still absolutely knackered by the end of it.

Now a 20 year old man (oh how time flies) and seeing Guns again. Bring it on :shades: :shades:

That's not a UK tour, that's a fucking English tour. Get your act together GNR! Better audiences await over the border.

I was there and the crowd was a lot rougher than the one in London but preferred the London gig because I didn't have to worry every 5 seconds about getting an elbow in the face :shrugs:

I loved every second, the place was bouncing, I think the band were quite taken aback at the energy the crowd had pent up. Still, by all accounts you and Syd had it quite rough for the first couple of songs.

Haha being a scrawny 16 year old at the time and trying to look after a woman at a gig in Glasgow was always going to prove difficult. The first three songs were mental but it settled down after that. London was a whole lot tamer on my body but I was still absolutely knackered by the end of it.

Now a 20 year old man (oh how time flies) and seeing Guns again. Bring it on :shades: :shades:

Haha, i was 16 as well, but I was over 6 feet tall which gave me a bit of an advantage. When I went to First Aid to get some water I saw some of the results of the earlier crush and they weren't too pretty. Part and parcel of the "most dangerous band in the world" I guess, and at least Axl acknowledged the problem and dealt with it in a good, professional manner.

Cannot wait for Leeds, at least I'm seeing them again. Although I'll always want the chance to see them with a home crowd just because of how special the crowd made the gig, audience and band really came together in a way I've never experienced before or since.

Haha, i was 16 as well, but I was over 6 feet tall which gave me a bit of an advantage. When I went to First Aid to get some water I saw some of the results of the earlier crush and they weren't too pretty. Part and parcel of the "most dangerous band in the world" I guess, and at least Axl acknowledged the problem and dealt with it in a good, professional manner.

Cannot wait for Leeds, at least I'm seeing them again. Although I'll always want the chance to see them with a home crowd just because of how special the crowd made the gig, audience and band really came together in a way I've never experienced before or since.

Come to London then :xmasssanta:

I hope a Newcastle date gets announced. If it does I'm sure spare change will be banned.

If that happens again or I see any little emo fag kid throw anything I will beat them to an inch of there life. Kills 2 birds with one stone... I get to kick the little sod to near death and since there emo thats what they always wanted. Win.

But yeah I hope a newcastle date is announced... the guys said it was there favourite place to play in 06 because everyone just went mental and sang there asses off. (Its in an interview somewhere with richard and dizzy i think)

Oh and il be sure to have sun glasses this time... live n let die nearly tanned my to a crisp

I hope a Newcastle date gets announced. If it does I'm sure spare change will be banned.

If that happens again or I see any little emo fag kid throw anything I will beat them to an inch of there life. Kills 2 birds with one stone... I get to kick the little sod to near death and since there emo thats what they always wanted. Win.

But yeah I hope a newcastle date is announced... the guys said it was there favourite place to play in 06 because everyone just went mental and sang there asses off. (Its in an interview somewhere with richard and dizzy i think)

Oh and il be sure to have sun glasses this time... live n let die nearly tanned my to a crisp

:rofl-lol:

Here in the UK, as place where Guns N’Roses used to mean a lot, today (4th August 2010) Axl gets a mention in The Sun news paper (one the most popular tabloid’s in Britain). They mention GUNS N’ROSES, then go on to refer to the band as AXL ROSE and Co, which is about right really. They didn't show and photo's which is probably a good thing, as we all know, they tend to show images of UYI era GN'R ;)

AxlandCo02Arena2010.gif

No Cardiff date and London being midweek means I'll be going to Birmingham, never been to the arena there before know its near the airport though. Travelodges in Birmingham are fairly cheap (£20) so anybody looking for a cheap hotel, stay in a Travelodge.

Can't wait, waited four f***ing years for a GN'R arena date!

£50 incl. fees seems to be the going rate now, Robert Plant tickets were £50 each so its fairly reasonable I think. The announcements come at a bad time financially for me but I have money put aside specifically for GN'R. See you guys in Birmingham!

Hopefully the Planet Rock presale will work fine, it did when I got Thin Lizzy tickets. GN'R aren't the only band who do American Express presales, the Stones do.