If I was in GNR preparing the Sturgis setlist...

Cockaroachsoup80

A few things I would love to see, and I think would help them win over the crowd:

--A Stones cover: Honkey Tonk Women or Rocks Off...either will go over like a kilo of coke at a Biker Party--a big hit!

--Bring back Civil War--its the most relevant GNR song right now, considering the social turmoil and "Civil Wars" going on in the US, and in the world. Duff spoke about this song, and the lyrical meanings the other night in his Seatle Weekly article. The lyrics seem like they were written to describe many of the social dilemmas dominating the nightly news. I also would love to hear Asba's interpretation of the lead parts on this one.

--(Dream bonus): a cover of Thin Lizzy's Cowboy song or Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole

I heard the band say they just make the set list up as they go depending on crowd and what they feel like playing

Be cool to here what fortus/bumble/ashba make of playing sympathy for the devil, wonder if it was rehersed. i can just imagine pittman and dizzy making some cool ass sounds to the intro

id bet on a lot of good time rock n roll. if they play this i love it would be hilarious!

A few things I would love to see, and I think would help them win over the crowd:

--A Stones cover: Honkey Tonk Women or Rocks Off...either will go over like a kilo of coke at a Biker Party--a big hit!

--Bring back Civil War--its the most relevant GNR song right now, considering the social turmoil and "Civil Wars" going on in the US, and in the world. Duff spoke about this song, and the lyrical meanings the other night in his Seatle Weekly article. The lyrics seem like they were written to describe many of the social dilemmas dominating the nightly news. I also would love to hear Asba's interpretation of the lead parts on this one.

--(Dream bonus): a cover of Thin Lizzy's Cowboy song or Humble Pie's 30 Days in the Hole

Another great song they can cover would be Bob Seger's Mainstreet.

What if they covered Come Sail Away by Styx? :D

Actually, it'd be kinda cool if the covered that...I can hear Axl's voice on the vocals already. And Pitman would add all of those groovy funkadelic sounds. We'd get some cool solos too.

I wonder if people realize there's 2 entirely different concert events going on in Sturgis - The Buffalo Chip is the one that's more known, Rock N Rev is kind of new. I'm sure there's going to be people going to both, because Rock N Rev ends Friday, Buffalo Chip goes on one more day. Buffalo Chip also has older artists than Rock N Rev does... of course guys just want to know where the best BBQs and the hotter girls are going to be.

Prob. going to be doing a setlist similar to what they've done at past festival shows, all depends on how much time they have. I don't think there's any curfew at the shows, so prob. going on at midnight. I don't know if closing night was the best idea though. People are tired and ready to go home by the last night.

Even though there's the biker gang element there (of all races), there's half a million people who make the trek to Sturgis every year and it's a pretty cool time. It's def. interesting for someone from another country who wants to see a large congregation of Americans being, well, "American".

I wonder if people realize there's 2 entirely different concert events going on in Sturgis - The Buffalo Chip is the one that's more known, Rock N Rev is kind of new. I'm sure there's going to be people going to both, because Rock N Rev ends Friday, Buffalo Chip goes on one more day. Buffalo Chip also has older artists than Rock N Rev does... of course guys just want to know where the best BBQs and the hotter girls are going to be.

Prob. going to be doing a setlist similar to what they've done at past festival shows, all depends on how much time they have. I don't think there's any curfew at the shows, so prob. going on at midnight. I don't know if closing night was the best idea though. People are tired and ready to go home by the last night.

Even though there's the biker gang element there (of all races), there's half a million people who make the trek to Sturgis every year and it's a pretty cool time. It's def. interesting for someone from another country who wants to see a large congregation of Americans being, well, "American".

I think its cool that they added this new event. a lot of bands like to play there and that give more the opportunity. Can't freaking wait!

Wait.. So.. Gilby/Matt/Duff will be there, HOLY SHIT! :lol:

It would be cool if Gilby and Duff jammed for a couple of songs. Maybe they could bring back "Attitude" or "So FIne."

Dead Flowers with Gilby (or without) would be great! I would expect they definitely play Whole Lotta Rosie (they own this live)! I think they could easily add Honky Tonk Women, and Civil War should become a mainstay in the set list, as it is so relevant right now---the world seems to be consumed by Civil Wars, on multiple levels (which I believe is what that song is getting at--socioeconomic, as well as personal Civil Wars). So psyched for this show---its the bands best shot to blow the US away, and get a tremendous amount of street cred again from their hard rock base. That is why I think throwing in a few killer rock covers could really seal the deal! Long live GN'R!!!

Used to Love Her would rock Sturgis.

Yes it would! I would love it if GNR would hold a "pick a set list" contest sometime during the next few legs of the tour.

Of all the UYI songs they haven't played since 93, I think Civil War is one that I miss most live. It totally rocks, is still played on the radio, and is a beast live. Not to mention, the brilliant lyrics and guitar hooks!