If I was in GNR preparing the Sturgis setlist...

Cockaroachsoup80

Wait.. So.. Gilby/Matt/Duff will be there, HOLY SHIT! :lol:

It would be cool if Gilby and Duff jammed for a couple of songs. Maybe they could bring back "Attitude" or "So FIne."

I would love to see a bootleg of either one of these songs! I think I'm in the minority, but both are way underrated in my book.

It would be cool if Gilby and Duff jammed for a couple of songs. Maybe they could bring back "Attitude" or "So FIne."

I would love to see a bootleg of either one of these songs! I think I'm in the minority, but both are way underrated in my book.

Yea those are two of the songs I dont understand how they werent popular, atleast from what I know.

Of all the UYI songs they haven't played since 93, I think Civil War is one that I miss most live. It totally rocks, is still played on the radio, and is a beast live. Not to mention, the brilliant lyrics and guitar hooks!

Go to a Slash show if you want to hear it. Axl has clearly moved on from it and shown no interest in playing it the past 9 years.

Of all the UYI songs they haven't played since 93, I think Civil War is one that I miss most live. It totally rocks, is still played on the radio, and is a beast live. Not to mention, the brilliant lyrics and guitar hooks!

Go to a Slash show if you want to hear it. Axl has clearly moved on from it and shown no interest in playing it the past 9 years.

But you won't get those rough vocals from Axl that help make the song. Nothing against Myles, I actually think he's a really good vocalist. But I don't think he has the grit in his voice to pull off GN'R songs. Axl is the voice of all Guns N' Roses songs and nobody can replace his voice in my eyes. I'm sure a lot of people say the same thing about Slash being the sound of all GN'R songs, but I disagree with that. I think Ron, Richard, and DJ are all very capable of replicating, and maybe even improving, that classic sound while adding their own style to it too. They have all proved it to me in their performances with Guns. You have the best frontman ever, the best guitarist ever (Ron), and six other extraordinary musical artists. This is why I believe Guns N' Roses is the best band ever.

Edited by HB3

I didn't know he said he has moved on from that song? I recall Bumble or Fortus mentioning that they were rehearsing Civil War in 2009?

Another song I would love to see them do live again is Mama Kin!

Yea those are two of the songs I dont understand how they werent popular, atleast from what I know.

Never loved so fine but Attitude is a #1.

Fuck covers, they need to unleash a new song. Almost all of the classic GN'R shows featured either the debut of new songs, or top performances of ones that hadn't been played more than a couple times.

I know there is some concern over the early material hurting Chinese Democracy. It was studio quality demos that sounded equal or better than the album versions that hurt the record NOT playing the songs live. Playing the CD songs live BUILT momentum for the album. Live recordings had people curious what the studio songs would be like, they were not close to a substitute. Rock in Rio 3 probably had GN'R fans as excited for the new album as the entire mythology itself.

Fuck covers, they need to unleash a new song. Almost all of the classic GN'R shows featured either the debut of new songs, or top performances of ones that hadn't been played more than a couple times.

I know there is some concern over the early material hurting Chinese Democracy. It was studio quality demos that sounded equal or better than the album versions that hurt the record NOT playing the songs live. Playing the CD songs live BUILT momentum for the album. Live recordings had people curious what the studio songs would be like, they were not close to a substitute. Rock in Rio 3 probably had GN'R fans as excited for the new album as the entire mythology itself.

They could do any song they want, but they also know that they're not playing to an audience that's just there to see them. It's also going to be a lot of people who haven't seen GNR in almost 20 years. I''m sure the songs they're doing on tour are going to be the songs they'll do that night, and could easily do a 3 plus hour set into the morning if they wanted, the only thing that would mean is security working extra hours. It's the last night, so the workers will hit the trash in the morning as they start breaking down the stage, and everyone who bought both event tix will be at Buffalo Chip.

I wouldn't mind a cover of Old Crow Medicine Show's "Tell It to Me" off their eponymous album (O.C.M.S.) If you guy's have not heard them, or specifically that album, check it out. One of the greatest modern rock/bluegrass albums out there, with hilarious lyrics and stories...not to mention a great groove.

On another note, the DJ's in the city I live in were getting ready to head to Sturgis, and were going nuts for all the great bands, including GNR, which are playing there. People are psyched about this show, especially about seeing GNR!! A lot of the common fan's have not seen the new band, so this is a great opportunity to blow them away!