Anyone starting to get the idea...

Jakey Styley

Anyone else feeling like Bumblefoot's interviews keep having more and more...slightly negative undertones? This isn't purely based on the last interview, but I remember when Axl was late for a Europe show Bumblefoot was legitimately pissed. I think that's when I started noticing it. After that I feel like the interviews weren't as positive as they were before, I dunno, maybe it's just me.

The idea of Bumblefoot leaving is just really sad because he's great and I think that'd be the end of GNR, I honestly think a reunion would be the next likely scenario (second to GNR disbanding). I just can't see Axl in his right mind (crazy thought) not just thinking "Alright, enough's enough, this band is bullshit by now, I can't just pick up another guitarist for the 6th time."

Love the music but it's hard to think the band is heading in a positive direction. All that talk of a new album in November...I just don't buy it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BBF leaves, there's a few roads GNR could go down.

1. New technical guitarist

2. Stick with Ashba and Fortus

3. Reunion

4. Disband

If it came to the point of them sticking with Ashba and Fortus by themselves, I'd probably lose all interest in the touring band and just jump on the "reunion or bust" bandwagon like everyone else.

However, if Buckethead came back, I'd be rolling around gleefully for the next week.

Edited by bacardimayne

Being in GNR is a shitty job all the way around for the most part, but for pretty much everyone in the band it is probably the best/easiest paycheck they have ever gotten.

Bumble's not going anywhere. Even if he doesn't love being in GNR (and frankly I don't think he does), it pays good money and probably helps facilitate his ability to make other music he actually cares about.

Anyone else feeling like Bumblefoot's interviews keep having more and more...slightly negative undertones? This isn't purely based on the last interview, but I remember when Axl was late for a Europe show Bumblefoot was legitimately pissed. I think that's when I started noticing it. After that I feel like the interviews weren't as positive as they were before, I dunno, maybe it's just me.

The idea of Bumblefoot leaving is just really sad because he's great and I think that'd be the end of GNR, I honestly think a reunion would be the next likely scenario (second to GNR disbanding). I just can't see Axl in his right mind (crazy thought) not just thinking "Alright, enough's enough, this band is bullshit by now, I can't just pick up another guitarist for the 6th time."

Love the music but it's hard to think the band is heading in a positive direction. All that talk of a new album in November...I just don't buy it.

He didn't say he'd like to leave so don't worry he will be in the next shows. In two years, who knows what is going to happen, just enjoy what you have now. Don't think too much.

Edited by Anahzul

I like him, and I'm a fan of his solo work, but quite frankly I don't give a fuck who is in GNR at the moment. I like the guys in the band at the minute, but I'm sure I'll like their replacements just as I liked the ones before them. Though I'd rather see him stay than go.

If BBF leaves, there's a few roads GNR could go down.

1. New technical guitarist

2. Stick with Ashba and Fortus

3. Reunion

4. Disband

If it came to the point of them sticking with Ashba and Fortus by themselves, I'd probably lose all interest in the touring band and just jump on the "reunion or bust" bandwagon like everyone else.

However, if Buckethead came back, I'd be rolling around gleefully for the next week.

I think you'd have a better chance of seeing a reunion than rolling around gleefully for a week b/c buckethead came back:shocked:

but personally I think you'd have a better chance of breaking bread with Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy then either of the above two happening;

but that is only one opinion for what it's worth

I don't know man...

Ron has always been very professional and he isn't dumb either. He knows that Axl, even though he's one of the greatest frontman in rock n' roll history, can be very unprofessional at times and he witnessed that right at the beginning of the European tour...

I mean, showing up two hours late at your very first show while the band was there for two days making sure everything is alright ? And then have your name associated with this fiasco ? Man...Fuck that.

That and everything we do not know. I mean it's pretty obvious that Ron was not exactly treated right when he arrived in 2006. And don't forget the 2004 episode, management asking him to say that he lied ( he refused and told Guns to go fuck themselves ).

I could see him leave. I don't think he will, unless pushed too far, but I don't think he will endure whatever just for the cash.

He has left several labels before, got in fights with distro agents, put his OWN band into hiatus because he was really disgusted with the whole music industry back in 2000 ( agents booking concerts and not paying him, stuff like that ), so I really don't think he will hesitate for too long just because he needs the money.

As for me, if he leaves, well I will have no interest in that band anymore. I follow NuGnR mainly because of Ron. Chinese had Robin, Bucket and Brain too on it, and they are some of my favourite musicians of all time ( even though Robin was fucking up big time with GnR ), now there's only Ron. I still think the current lineup is fantastic, even without those guys, and I love all the people involved, but the truth is, deep down, I only care about him.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I like him, and I'm a fan of his solo work, but quite frankly I don't give a fuck who is in GNR at the moment. I like the guys in the band at the minute, but I'm sure I'll like their replacements just as I liked the ones before them. Though I'd rather see him stay than go.

This, really.

I like Ron, I'd like him to stay. If he becomes the 8th different guitarist to leave Guns N' Roses, I doubt it'll leave much of a lasting impact. GNR will roll on.

Guest gunns5

it just seems like yesterday I was reading the first 2006 'warm up' concert reviews, and by the second song into it people figured out the mystery man with the guitar was not buckethead wihout his mask and bucket on, but in fact, a Ron 'BUMBLEFOOT' Thal.

4 years later and he is no doubt the favourite amongst the fanbase out of the 3 guitarists. As long as all the guitarists get on fine and unite together which is what the 2010 tour should help with then I see no problem in the band.

Everyone that was saying 'Ron is getting sick of Axl arriving late to shows and is becoming negative has to understand that Axl has been doing this forever and every guitarist thats came and gone throughout the years knows that he arrives late to shows/does what he wants to do etc, its not some random thing that hes just decided to do in the past few months...

Edited by gunns5

it just seems like yesterday I was reading the first 2006 'warm up' concert reviews, and by the second song into it people figured out the mystery man with the guitar was not buckethead wihout his mask and bucket on, but in fact, a Ron 'BUMBLEFOOT' Thal.

4 years later and he is no doubt the favourite amongst the fanbase out of the 3 guitarists. As long as all the guitarists get on fine and unite together which is what the 2010 tour should help with then I see no problem in the band.

Everyone that was saying 'Ron is getting sick of Axl arriving late to shows and is becoming negative has to understand that Axl has been doing this forever and every guitarist thats came and gone throughout the years knows that he arrives late to shows/does what he wants to do etc, its not some random thing that hes just decided to do in the past few months...

Although it probably pisses him off, it's surely not come as a surprise to him, he most certainly new what the gig would entail before he took it on.

But I do agree with OP that lately some of his comments have alluded to him not being that happy, but like the man said himself 'I can be pretty fucking moody myself'.

On a personal note, I'd hate for Ron to leave.

Guest Nasty Nate

I don't care if he leaves. Actually, I'd be more happy because I'm hoping Axl Rose goes towards the electronic direction.

Who knows what Axl will do next? Chinese Democracy was very industrial, and I'm hoping he scrapes that completely if he wants to release another album and go the club route. It would be totally bodacious. We could have the following:

Axl - Vocals

Chris Pitman - Synthesizer

Richard Fortus - Guitar

That's all we need. Chris Pitman can do the rest. Various computer programs can make it all possible. This would reinvent GN'R.

So he's offering himself up for GNR-related interviews, and because his tone occasionally reflects the interviewer's poor questioning, that means he's considering leaving ?

Nonsensical speculation. Get out more.

Really? try supporting gnr for 23 years. We are well equipped at reading between the lines. We have had years of practice.

Yeah, cause I'm new to this shit.

He sounds miserable in this one too http://allaccessmagazine.com/2010/08/05/ron-%E2%80%9Cbumblefoot%E2%80%9D-thal/

:blink:

Edited by Azazel

I don't care if he leaves. Actually, I'd be more happy because I'm hoping Axl Rose goes towards the electronic direction.

Who knows what Axl will do next? Chinese Democracy was very industrial, and I'm hoping he scrapes that completely if he wants to release another album and go the club route. It would be totally bodacious. We could have the following:

Axl - Vocals

Chris Pitman - Synthesizer

Richard Fortus - Guitar

That's all we need. Chris Pitman can do the rest. Various computer programs can make it all possible. This would reinvent GN'R.

:shocked: wat

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

Although it probably pisses him off, it's surely not come as a surprise to him, he most certainly new what the gig would entail before he took it on.

But I do agree with OP that lately some of his comments have alluded to him not being that happy, but like the man said himself 'I can be pretty fucking moody myself'.

On a personal note, I'd hate for Ron to leave.

well considering Axl's been pulling this shit since they've been a headliner it would be pretty fucking naive of ron to think Axl's gonna change his stripes just cause he's in the band