Anyone starting to get the idea...

Jakey Styley

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if he leaves. Actually, I'd be more happy because I'm hoping Axl Rose goes towards the electronic direction.

Who knows what Axl will do next? Chinese Democracy was very industrial, and I'm hoping he scrapes that completely if he wants to release another album and go the club route. It would be totally bodacious. We could have the following:

Axl - Vocals

Chris Pitman - Synthesizer

Richard Fortus - Guitar

That's all we need. Chris Pitman can do the rest. Various computer programs can make it all possible. This would reinvent GN'R.

if that were to happen, GnR's fan base would be 1 person

he sounds more annoyed with people's response to the new GNR than being in the band itself

That is something gnr has struggled with a long time.

it seems that every time gnr goes back on the road 2002-2006-2007-2009-2010

first week you hear everything about it... and that's it

that's a shame cause it's one of the last BIG/GREAT ROck n ROll band that still counts.

and people should put there gnr is not gnr without slash stuff..

It might also open the door for the return of Mr. Buckethead.

YES YES YES!!

With Bucket in the band people will pay not only for the music and Axl but for a freak show! Nunchuk dance we miss you!

Musically the return of Bucket would be an undoubted boon for nu-GnR but please no Nunchuk dance.

Besides I'm not sure Bumble's presence is preventing Buck's return, he just didn't want to come back.

If Bucket was available I think Axl would have him back instantly Bumble or no Bumble.

Well, maybe. In South America he was pissed about Axl too, but he loves the music they play on the concert, he loves the fans, he loves the tours, he loves to record. And, if he leaves GNR, I think he would only have that in a much smaller proportion (apart from recording, maybe).

As sometimes he said he was pissed about Axl, sometimes he also said that he's great, they have nice conversations, that Axl is a really good friend. How many times did you arguee with your best friend (not saying that Axl and Ron are best friends, just to show an extreme example. Maybe they are indeed, whatever)? From what we can see (none of us really know Axl, so we can't really say with sure), Axl can be really hassle and stupid when he wants, but he can be very nice and lovely. As I said, nobody is the same everyday. Dizzy, Tommy, Paul, Chris, Brian, they're all with Axl for over a decade, it's just a matter of knowing how to live with someone, it happens with everybody, not only with Axl.

Edited by ManetsBR

Apparently Axl tried to get him back after Robin's departure...

Didn't work. :shrugs:

That's too bad, because Bumble, Bucket and Axl on a same stage would have been incredible.

Would sound nothing like GnR lol but it would be quite an awesome band...

That would be a musical orgasm.

Edit: On the whole Ron thing, I do believe that Axl and Ron do have some differences. Ron went on tour for two months once and made only $300. Axl makes millions in that same time. Axl is used to being catered to his every whim while Ron cares about the fans and such. Ron woulnt leave unless something absolutely major happens. And I really hope he doesnt leave until he writes something for the next album. Remember when Tommy said that he was "Complicated"? I think that he notes some tension too.

Edited by Cdlove

I don't think anything is going on, but the only thing that makes me a bit curious, is I get the feeling Ashba is getting more of the spotlight (he is imho the most legitimate sleaze/blues replacement in the mold of the original GNR and Slash sound), and that may piss him off a bit. Doubt anything is going on.

Holy shit guys, talk about pointless speculation.

Ron has always been great with the fans. The band is in the midst of a huge tour and has massive festival gigs coming up: Sturgis, Reading, Leeds, V8 Supercars. Then the solo shows all over Europe. Likely Germany still to come, more euro dates, and I'd guess some Aussie dates as well, maybe South Africa, and Mexico, before finally hitting the US (I'm guessing). And then? More of Asia? This tour, when you consider it started in December of 2009, is going to be at the 1-year mark before we know it, and will likely wind up having lasted 1.5 - 2 years. That's a fucking amazing feat when you compare it to all the crap in 2002... 2006 was a good starting point but this is the real tour, and the best lineup since the AFD era.

And really... Tommy has been in the band 12 years, Dizzy 20 years, Axl since day one, Fortus for 8 years now, Pittman at least 10 years, and you've got Ron with 4 years experience under his belt. DJ's the new kid and the band is fucking tight and finally playing and acting like a band again.

So relax already. People have on and off days but I think you guys are reading way too much into a couple of interviews.

for the one who started this topic - you are so hilarious! the minute someone has a something "not positive" to say about you, the minute you start thinking he's up to now good, and most likely he's going to kill you? what's up man? it's quite normal for someone, from time to time to get upset with the way things are or how they are happening. and to go and start a topic like this, is so funny... - "Ron is not happy to be in GNR... he's going to leave". what? this man is a talented musician and fits right where he is, and it seems for me, that since he's been in GNR for 4 years, he's liking it.

and for the rest of you, who are talking about money... are you in any way, like 15 years old? because I would not in any way get it, how come you did bring that in this discussion!

in a way a can understand, living in capitalism and all, but come on!

and bringing Brian(buckethead) in this, it's not, in any way cool! there is a special section on former GNR members. I liked him being in GNR, but his gone, like the rest of them who are gone. so stop grabbing to each opportunity you have to bring in discussion former members, it's so so so boring!

when I read this senseless topics it makes me wanna post and answer to each and every one of all the topics here, so I wouldn't have to see that I'm a "Newbie" (I don't like that we are labeling our selfs! I don't care that I'm newbie, it's just a point to my post), or that others are just "members" even though they are on this forum for 5 years or so, and others are "super gods"? in just like 3 months? so, again, we, as humans, show that we care more about quantity rather than quality ! that's sad.

MY RESPECTS TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE, IN THIS FORUM, ONLY WHEN THEY FELT THEY HAVE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL TO WRITE ABOUT!

Edited by roua gri

Do we really know whats going on behind closed doors? Seems like anything GN'R does is a legal battle.

I don't get why everything has to be a secret. Most bands out there say we are working on an album a release date will be announced soon and then you have it.

Metallica and GN'R need to get together and tour the US like the old days. I think that would sell

for the one who started this topic - you are so hilarious! the minute someone has a something "not positive" to say about you, the minute you start thinking he's up to now good, and most likely he's going to kill you? what's up man? it's quite normal for someone, from time to time to get upset with the way things are or how they are happening. and to go and start a topic like this, is so funny... - "Ron is not happy yo be in GNR... he's going to leave". what? this man is a talented musician and fits right where he is, and it seems for me, that since he's been in GNR for 4 years, he's liking it.

and for the rest of you, who are talking about money... are you in any way, like 15 years old? because I would not in any way get it, how come you did bring that in this discussion!

and bringing Brian(buckethead) in this, it's not, in any way cool! there is a special section on former GNR members. I liked him being in GNR, but his gone, like the rest of them who are gone. so stop grabbing to each opportunity you have to bring in discussion former members, it's so so so boring!

when I read this senseless topics it makes me wanna post and answer to each and every one of all the topics here, so I wouldn't have to see that I'm a "Newbie" (I don't like that we are labeling our selfs! I don't care that I'm newbie, it's just a point to my post), or that others are just "members" even though they are on this forum for 5 years or so, and others are "super gods"? in just like 3 months? so, again, we, as humans, show that we care more about quantity rather than quality ! that's sad.

MY RESPECTS TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE, IN THIS FORUM, ONLY WHEN THEY FELT THEY HAVE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL TO RIGHT ABOUT!

Thread's a question, not a statement

for the one who started this topic - you are so hilarious! the minute someone has a something "not positive" to say about you, the minute you start thinking he's up to now good, and most likely he's going to kill you? what's up man? it's quite normal for someone, from time to time to get upset with the way things are or how they are happening. and to go and start a topic like this, is so funny... - "Ron is not happy to be in GNR... he's going to leave". what? this man is a talented musician and fits right where he is, and it seems for me, that since he's been in GNR for 4 years, he's liking it.

MY RESPECTS TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE, IN THIS FORUM, ONLY WHEN THEY FELT THEY HAVE SOMETHING MEANINGFUL TO WRITE ABOUT!

Thread's a question, not a statement

:rolleyes: I know.

"she or he or whatever it is strikes me as weird. "

why? and for the "sex problem" just check my profile...

any way, please answer my question, why am I' being weird?

Edited by roua gri

Doubt it. I don't see Bucket returning to the band ever. :( Would be fucking cool though. :D

:thumbsdown: no it wouldn't, Buckethead is about as much Guns N' Roses as Britney Spears. It was horrible watching him play, the star wars shit and crap like that, arrghhhh

Guest gunns5

Doubt it. I don't see Bucket returning to the band ever. :( Would be fucking cool though. :D

:thumbsdown: no it wouldn't, Buckethead is about as much Guns N' Roses as Britney Spears. It was horrible watching him play, the star wars shit and crap like that, arrghhhh

Yeah it would be such a disaster watching a guy that basically had a hand in creating every song that is on chinese democracy, play those songs live and without fault.

What IS a disaster is that we will most likely never get to see him play the songs he created both solo and structure wise, in a live envirnoment, without any improvisation or other pointless shit that shouldn't be in the song.

Edited by gunns5

Yeah it would be such a disaster watching a guy that basically had a hand in creating every song that is on chinese democracy, play those songs live and without fault.

What IS a disaster is that we will most likely never get to see him play the songs he created both solo and structure wise, in a live envirnoment, without any improvisation or other pointless shit that shouldn't be in the song.

his on-stage charisma, whilst being there is slightly different from what one might expect from a Guns N' Roses player hence why I prefer Ashba or Bumblefoot. No one can deny his ability but in live performance I found it excruciating, he barley moves and hence reduces the energy of the performance.