Anyone starting to get the idea...

Jakey Styley

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder, now, what is going on with Ron? He seemed a bit off-put with GNR (kind of--it might have been my interpretation after reading this thread that night??) during his Trunk interview. Also, does anyone know what was going on with Bumble after Fortus solo last night, and during the next few songs? I guess, from reading other boards, something happened with him during the show? Speaking of last night's show, here is his most recent twitter post:

On Saturday 14th August 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Had a great day in Sturgis yesterday, was great to be back - thanks to everyone for being so cool. Charm City Devils, Rev Theory, Alice In Chains, you guys were fkn GREAT. The crew, production & video folks, everyone that made the show happen - THANK YOU. To the audience, there's so much I could say about last night but I'll leave it at THANK YOU for stickin' around, ya have my respect, hope you had a good time...

Edited by Cockaroachsoup80

I do wonder, now, what is going on with Ron? He seemed a bit off-put with GNR (kind of--it might have been my interpretation after reading this thread that night??) during his Trunk interview. Also, does anyone know what was going on with Bumble after Fortus solo last night, and during the next few songs? I guess, from reading other boards, something happened with him during the show? Speaking of last night's show, here is his most recent twitter post:

On Saturday 14th August 2010, @bumblefoot said:

Had a great day in Sturgis yesterday, was great to be back - thanks to everyone for being so cool. Charm City Devils, Rev Theory, Alice In Chains, you guys were fkn GREAT. The crew, production & video folks, everyone that made the show happen - THANK YOU. To the audience, there's so much I could say about last night but I'll leave it at THANK YOU for stickin' around, ya have my respect, hope you had a good time...

To me that's negative.

Yeah.

I think I'm gonna stop talking about this situation ( of which I don't know anything...even there are some signs I reckon ) because I know the band reads the board and I hope Ron does not get questionned afterwards but...I have to say it kinda scares me.

Hope everything will sort itself out.

Yeah.

I think I'm gonna stop talking about this situation ( of which I don't know anything...even there are some signs I reckon ) because I know the band reads the board and I hope Ron does not get questionned afterwards but...I have to say it kinda scares me.

Hope everything will sort itself out.

I just think think BBF is like myself, can't stand being non-punctual he's a rather be an hour early than a minute late type of guy and it drives him bonkers. I'm the same, my missus is just like Axl in that regard and in my view there'sno need to be like that, in her world, it's fuck off if you don't like it...

She presses my buttons and I guess Axl is pressing Ron's, doesn't mean jack shit in the real world, but there are something's that come across as problematic to outsiders, those inside know differently and accept them for their warts and all foibles.

Anyone else feeling like Bumblefoot's interviews keep having more and more...slightly negative undertones? This isn't purely based on the last interview, but I remember when Axl was late for a Europe show Bumblefoot was legitimately pissed. I think that's when I started noticing it. After that I feel like the interviews weren't as positive as they were before, I dunno, maybe it's just me.

The idea of Bumblefoot leaving is just really sad because he's great and I think that'd be the end of GNR, I honestly think a reunion would be the next likely scenario (second to GNR disbanding). I just can't see Axl in his right mind (crazy thought) not just thinking "Alright, enough's enough, this band is bullshit by now, I can't just pick up another guitarist for the 6th time."

Love the music but it's hard to think the band is heading in a positive direction. All that talk of a new album in November...I just don't buy it.

i think it's obvious that BBF's days are numbered. like some have already said, the paycheck is probably just too easy and who knows how many other prospects the guy actually has. i was never a fan of bbf's playing in guns or as a solo artist. he's a nice guy for sure, but he's not allowed to talk about the band in any interviews because of the gag order so usually his interviews result in being a total snore. i wouldn't blame him for leaving and to be honest, i hope he does at some point, especially if his departure ultimately leads to a reunion of the classic era guns.

Anyone else feeling like Bumblefoot's interviews keep having more and more...slightly negative undertones? This isn't purely based on the last interview, but I remember when Axl was late for a Europe show Bumblefoot was legitimately pissed. I think that's when I started noticing it. After that I feel like the interviews weren't as positive as they were before, I dunno, maybe it's just me.

The idea of Bumblefoot leaving is just really sad because he's great and I think that'd be the end of GNR, I honestly think a reunion would be the next likely scenario (second to GNR disbanding). I just can't see Axl in his right mind (crazy thought) not just thinking "Alright, enough's enough, this band is bullshit by now, I can't just pick up another guitarist for the 6th time."

Love the music but it's hard to think the band is heading in a positive direction. All that talk of a new album in November...I just don't buy it.

i think it's obvious that BBF's days are numbered. like some have already said, the paycheck is probably just too easy and who knows how many other prospects the guy actually has. i was never a fan of bbf's playing in guns or as a solo artist. he's a nice guy for sure, but he's not allowed to talk about the band in any interviews because of the gag order so usually his interviews result in being a total snore. i wouldn't blame him for leaving and to be honest, i hope he does at some point, especially if his departure ultimately leads to a reunion of the classic era guns.

Another solid performance from Myke Hawke.

Fake.

If he leaves, they will just replace with another guitarist. It won't be the end, although it will be sad to see this band have a revolving door of musicians (which imo it already does.)

If he leaves, they will just replace with another guitarist. It won't be the end,

i agree, in no way will axl decide to end the band should bbf decide to leave. let's face it, his role is replaceable. bbf is at a point in his life where he should be doing work that makes him happy. he could go and make his own solo albums and actually have a say in what it will sound like, what makes the album, etc. his addition to cd were minimal, and tbh, none of what he contributed added all that much to the final product, imo (definitely not 2 year additional wait worthy). he's a nice enough guy that i would like to see him out there instead of just wasting his time and talensts on a band with no certain future.

Edited by Myke Hawk

Maybe you are right.

Maybe the routine is beginning to suck a little.

Who knows why Robin quit? maybe he got pissed at the usual wheres Slash? or Whens Axl arriving on stage? Routine. Whatever the reason, I guess he wasnt allowed to say why, in fear of..

Bumblefoot will always play in Bucketheads shadow. With the arrival of DJ Ash, Bumblefoot is no longer the new boy making it all happen.

One thing we all know, these new guys, no matter how talented, are on board to give their own careers a boost ;)

Edited by star

One thing we all know, these new guys, no matter how talented, are on board to give their own careers a boost ;)

No, we don't "know" that. You are assuming that.

Nobody here is a mind reader...

Tommy Stinton was going no where before he joined Axl.

Buckethead quit, once he got a record deal, all thanks to Axl.

Who knew about bumblefoot before he joined Axl?