Shackler's

Vincent Vega

Shackler's has a very catchy beat and is generally a very catchy song with a nice hook and groove to it--I'm wondering why this song never caught on. It has ''single'' written on it, more than any of the other songs.

Personally I wish CD had been totally in the style of Shackler's and Oh My God--They're my favorite songs from 'new' GN'R.

It's weird. In terms of the chorus, it's probably the catchiest. That said, the opening five seconds would put a lot of people off. I know a few who played it on Rock Band and enjoyed it. I think if you wanted to give people anything that sounded like Guns N' Roses it'd be Street of Dreams.

Awesome tune, one of my faves from thew entire album. Looking forward to seeing it at the live shows in a few weeks.

Maybe because its horribly overproduced with doubling and tripling of Axl's voice? Live, it's good but it's 1/10th of what it is in the studio. You can't do the things live that you can with ProTools.

In fact, you could strip out 40% of the (over)production in Chinese Democracy and it would've been much better.

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Shackler's has a very catchy beat and is generally a very catchy song with a nice hook and groove to it--I'm wondering why this song never caught on. It has ''single'' written on it, more than any of the other songs.

Personally I wish CD had been totally in the style of Shackler's and Oh My God--They're my favorite songs from 'new' GN'R.

I've been really wondering this too. It's a bit like a Slipknot hit single (downtuned pop metal), expect it's better. I imagine it really could have been a mega hit in an alternative world, in a world with album promotion. What if it was single and there was a Slipknot style music video too, with Bucket in it :blink:

Awesome tune, one of my faves from thew entire album. Looking forward to seeing it at the live shows in a few weeks.

Maybe because its horribly overproduced with doubling and tripling of Axl's voice?

I like the doubling and tripling of his voice. But I agree that it can't be recreated to its full potential at live shows. I'll pass comment more when I've seen it live.

One of my least favourites from CD

Generally, it's alrightand the chorus is undeniably catchy. However the intro noises/effects are quite offputting, and i really don't care much for the solo at all.

Guest gunns5

If they can't accept the shackler revenge sound then gnr are fucked if they ever release silkworms :)

Edited by gunns5

By the time it came out the industrial/dance/rock kind of thing sounded dated. Korn did that a decade earlier. It's not bad song though. I'd have preferred a stripped down acoustic blues version of it.

That really doesn't sound like a bad idea! I would LOVE to hear that! :lol: