Thoughts on the new GNR album. (yet to be released)

rockrecord

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more guitar oriented music, less machines. more rockers, less ballads.

but on the other hand, I wouldn't mind an all acoustic album either.

maybe what I'm after is a more consisted album. chinese democracy was a mix up of all kinds of stuff.

ya, I like the idea of a more consistent album as well.

I like the idea of cupcakes being banned. I mean, shit man, at least back when Madison was here, you douchebags put effort and had somewhat of an argument going -- now, rockrecord? Bahaha, go fuck yourself.

ya, I like the idea of a more consistent album as well.

I like the idea of cupcakes being banned. I mean, shit man, at least back when Madison was here, you douchebags put effort and had somewhat of an argument going -- now, rockrecord? Bahaha, go fuck yourself.

+1 dry.gif

Definitly some accoustic or semi-accoustic songs in there. I've always been curios as to what a full lenght version of Lies would've been like. Other than that they should just do their thing. It probably sounds like a lame thing to say, but I can't imagine being let down by a G n' R-record.

I'd like a way more agressive album.

Blues-based ? Why not. But I don't see the current band top the old lineup if they give the classic guns sound a try.

Go for a straight forward modern rock album with agressive lead guitar. Less synth, one or two ballads max.

Less is more.

I wouldn't mind the same "style(s)" that Chinese Democracy had. One of my biggest areas of judgement for an album tends to the the lasting appeal and the variety that it has. Chinese Democracy has tons of variety. It's the reason why Use Your Illusion II is my favorite album from Guns N' Roses and Appetite is near the bottom. Now, a lot of variety doesn't mean that an album can't flow properly, which is one of the issues with Chinese Democracy. Had a bad flow to it. If they can keep the level of variety while making the songs actually sound like they somewhat belong together, then it'd be absolutely perfect.

An original hard rockin album with current line-up. Followed soon by CD pt.2 with the unreleased tracks and re-mixes and what not.

And some acoustic songs. Would be great.

How many times can the same fucking topic be regurgitated? :puke: It will be released when it is ready and what a forum dictates to be included is irrelevant.

i'm a little irritated by the industrial sounds on cd. but axl can really write some good lyrics, from the heart. i love it when i hear him pissed about things, he's a very good angry writer. the blues has some beautiful melodies, and so does catcher. he's good at that. but what would i like to see more of in the next album.. i'd like to see him go in the studio with a group of guys who have chemistry with him and are not just a bunch of hired guns. we need some music axl, make the love.

naturally, heavy elvis costello and lindsay buckingham vocal influences. music-wise, picture pin ups-era david bowie tripping over the JAMC reed bros at a party at robert smith's house circa the top 1984, with gorky's zygotic mynci and the zombies providing the soundtrack - "sugar town"-nancy sinatra spreading her legs on the coffee table where booker t. and wayne shorter are enjoying mile-long lines of marching powder, aphex twin and gg allin trying to murder each other in the kitchen, aggravating joey scarbury who's preparing lobster.

Edited by Pico

how about 1 line-up through-out the entire album :rofl-lol:

Haha, like that's gonna muddafukkin' happen. By the end of the next album (if it there is one), we will at least have a new guitarist, and probably a couple of drummers. I wouldn't be suprised if there will be a third keyboard player too.