Fuck this negativity

D..

Okay I'm sick of all the negative topics that keep blooming on this section. Could people just focus on the music?

For fuck sake this new band is the shit, these guys play the old and new songs PERFECT and Axl's voice is on TOP OF THE HIMALAYA MOUNTAIN!

Man Axl is the nicest person in the world with his fans and you people keep bashing and bashing. It's no wonder the man doesn't come here anymore. I got the chance to briefly meet him in Oslo and he is the best, I didn't need more than 5 minutes in his company to understand he wasn't the deluded weirdo pictured in so many websites and magazines.

I don't get why you people are all so negative about this band and presume about things "oh my god is Bumblefoot gonna leave??", "Bumblefoot sucks bring back Bucket", "He looks like he might quit in this interview", "Stinson would be homeless without Axl he'd better shut up or he'll be fired", you people are out of line. This band is tight and I bet good money that Axl and Ashba are gonna record some new songs together, there's a clear alchemy on stage between those two, same could be said with Stinson. As to Bumble and Fortus, they do their show and kick ass on guitar, what more is it to ask? (and this is coming from someone who was disappointed meeting them, didn't like them much but so what? They still kick ass!)

Who cares about Chinese Democracy II or Reunion? GNR are coming to Europe again in two weeks and I'm going to see them live AGAIN!

GUNS N FUCKIN' ROSES MAN!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make one topic asking a question and I've seen three people suddenly think I HATE GNR and think Bumblefoot's leaving the band tomorrow.. Lighten up. Anyone who says this band is absolutely perfect in the way it is ran is kidding themselves. The music is awesome though and the more positive people like us don't sit around waiting for CD2 like the return of Jesus Christ (hence why THEY'RE the ones complaining the whole time, while we enjoy our lives)

Okay I'm sick of all the negative topics that keep blooming on this section. Could people just focus on the music?

For fuck sake this new band is the shit, these guys play the old and new songs PERFECT and Axl's voice is on TOP OF THE HIMALAYA MOUNTAIN!

Man Axl is the nicest person in the world with his fans and you people keep bashing and bashing. It's no wonder the man doesn't come here anymore. I got the chance to briefly meet him in Oslo and he is the best, I didn't need more than 5 minutes in his company to understand he wasn't the deluded weirdo pictured in so many websites and magazines.

I don't get why you people are all so negative about this band and presume about things "oh my god is Bumblefoot gonna leave??", "Bumblefoot sucks bring back Bucket", "He looks like he might quit in this interview", "Stinson would be homeless without Axl he'd better shut up or he'll be fired", you people are out of line. This band is tight and I bet good money that Axl and Ashba are gonna record some new songs together, there's a clear alchemy on stage between those two, same could be said with Stinson. As to Bumble and Fortus, they do their show and kick ass on guitar, what more is it to ask? (and this is coming from someone who was disappointed meeting them, didn't like them much but so what? They still kick ass!)

Who cares about Chinese Democracy II or Reunion? GNR are coming to Europe again in two weeks and I'm going to see them live AGAIN!

Wow, 5 minutes with him and you realize he's a nice guy? I suppose if he told you to fuck off, you'd say how "rock and roll" he was. If he's so nice, why does he leave his fans in the lurch for months and years on end? In case you didn't realize, his recent inactive periods haven't exactly drummed up the "we can't wait for him to come back" sentiment...people have long forgotten about Axl Rose and there's nobody to blame but himself.

I found Axl to be a really nice, cool and funny person. It seems like the negativity on here has more to do with how disjointed everything has been. If they released a new album, did interviews, music videos, and went on tour relatively soon after the album dropped I think things would be a lot more positive on here.

Guest Apollo

Axl haters that choose to spend time on a GnR forum.....pretty pathetic. And after 20 years of starting shows late, are there really still people complaining about it? If this pisses you off so much then don't follow and support the band. Spend your time, energy and money and a band that you feel "respects" you. Clowns.

Axl haters that choose to spend time on a GnR forum.....pretty pathetic. And after 20 years of starting shows late, are there really still people complaining about it? If this pisses you off so much then don't follow and support the band. Spend your time, energy and money and a band that you feel "respects" you. Clowns.

this.

post of the day

I love how people judge a show off of how it sounds from a cell phone recording. "The band sounds like shit" ... "Axl sounds like shit"

I was at sturgis and they sounded fucking perfect. They are the tightest band I've heard yET

Edited by crashoride

I agree with the original post. Especially about the Bumblefoot stuff. As someone mentioned in the thread discussing his status in the band, I think he more or less just feels more comfortable with his position in the band and speaks out a bit more than he used to. To me, this is positive news. He's comfortable being there and still manages to go out of his way for the fans (organizing the meet and greets, apologizing for late starts, and so on). I'm sure the late starts do get to him sometimes as he really cares for the fans, but seriously, why would it all of a sudden become such an issue that he quits the band? He's been dealing with late starts since he first joined in 2006. Also, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was getting into. Axl is notorious for starting concerts late. Maybe since it's been going on so long it's starting to get to him, but I don't see it. Everybody has off days, and maybe the answer as to why he's been a little "out of it" lately is as simple as that. It's easy to read too much into this stuff, but I say we focus on the positive and not speculate about the negative things that could (and probably won't) happen.

It's ironic that regardless if we have news or not, the vibe of this forum is still negative. We have a tour to look forward to and people are still bitching. Just be thankful that Axl is out there and touring with a solid line-up!

As for those who complain about the setlist, who cares? For the people at the show, it's totally new. The majority of people at the shows (mostly casual fans) have no idea what the setlist will be like. Since the diehards follow it on this forum and elsewhere, it's easy to get caught up in comparing them when really it's useless due to the fact that not everybody at the show researches the set beforehand.

That's just a few of my thoughts on various subjects being discussed here lately that I thought all fit into this thread.

Moral of the story? Guns N' Roses is the reason we're all here on this forum - let's keep a positive attitude about the band. Deal with the bad when the bad happens, and take the good as the good comes.

I found Axl to be a really nice, cool and funny person. It seems like the negativity on here has more to do with how disjointed everything has been. If they released a new album, did interviews, music videos, and went on tour relatively soon after the album dropped I think things would be a lot more positive on here.

That's true, but the OP's POV is that "the cup is half full". We like their music enough to come here and post about it on a regular basis, and the band is out there playing the music we love every night. Works for me :thumbsup:

A8R

because that would make them admit that the music is good and that GNR still has it! and because people like to see their own post, no matter the topic! II really respect, the ones from here who only have like some hundreds post and they have been here for like 5 years, man! RESPECT! rock3 !

:thumbsup:

you almost have a point here! I toowill get to see them in 2 shows in September, but I care for Chinese Democracy II and I hope for the III-ed, because I want to hear the material that was created in the last 10 years, if , and when they ever going to release it! and about "reunion" well, some of you know my stand on this matter, but I'll reiterated: GNR haven't split up, so there can not be a reunion!

good post!

Have a great time at the concert!!!

GN'R rules!

I love how people judge a show off of how it sounds from a cell phone recording. "The band sounds like shit" ... "Axl sounds like shit"

I was at sturgis and they sounded fucking perfect. They are the tightest band I've heard yET

BINGO! people should actually pay for a ticket and go see the band instead on complaining about the setlist of a show they didn't even attend LOL

You can't judge any band by what you see on youtube rofl-lol.gif

amen to that

I won't be negative.

I am positive that Axl is a joke.

fuck off trolling tool

Keep drinking that Kool Ade.

How has Axl not turned this band, this tour, the album release in to a joke?

Have a great time at the concert!!!

GN'R rules!

BINGO! people should actually pay for a ticket and go see the band instead on complaining about the setlist of a show they didn't even attend LOL

You can't judge any band by what you see on youtube rofl-lol.gif

amen to that

I won't be negative.

I am positive that Axl is a joke.

fuck off trolling tool

Keep drinking that Kool Ade.

How has Axl not turned this band, this tour, the album release in to a joke?

How is it a joke? the band is packing arenas and playing the fuck out of the songs....what more do you want?

How about something that resembles a relationship with the fans. 24 plus hours after a supposed twitter-jacking and no response from the Almighty. Seriously, how hard is it to communicate?

I hope Ron understands that the fan who reprinted his e-mail wasn't trying to stir shit - the user even PM'd me asking to have the post(s) removed after realizing that it might not be best to make it public. He was just trying to clear up why Bumble was upset the other day.

I don't know if Ron reads these topics or relies on secondhand accounts from people on his own forum but I hope someone lets him know that the guy who posted his email wasn't trying to insult him.