Fuck this negativity

D..

I hope Ron understands that the fan who reprinted his e-mail wasn't trying to stir shit - the user even PM'd me asking to have the post(s) removed after realizing that it might not be best to make it public. He was just trying to clear up why Bumble was upset the other day.

I don't know if Ron reads these topics or relies on secondhand accounts from people on his own forum but I hope someone lets him know that the guy who posted his email wasn't trying to insult him.

I posted it at HTGTH, it was immediately deleted. Minutes later, Ron made his comments. That said, I think it's obvious who tipped him off, and how it was spun....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ron understands that the fan who reprinted his e-mail wasn't trying to stir shit - the user even PM'd me asking to have the post(s) removed after realizing that it might not be best to make it public. He was just trying to clear up why Bumble was upset the other day.

I don't know if Ron reads these topics or relies on secondhand accounts from people on his own forum but I hope someone lets him know that the guy who posted his email wasn't trying to insult him.

The problem is that some ¨fans¨ wanted to stir shit... :rolleyes:

If you're going to post someone else's comments, at least act like a man and ask him if he's cool with it. If he's saying something to someone through personal email, I guess it's personal and should not go public. If he wanted to say something publicly, he'd do it via twitter, fb or his forum. That's how you should act. He was nice and honest replying an email, you should be nice and honest to him as well.

On the other hand... stop talking about his own feelings and actions. This is getting ridiculous and out of hand. Seriously, Ron did not blame anyone. He didn't say it was Axl's or Doc's fault. Stop reading too much into it. Can't you all act like normal people at least once? It's a band, a tour, not your lives. I hope everything's cool, I'd love to see some proshot footage of the tour, but c'mon. Stop spreading ridiculous rumors and putting words into his mouth. Leave the man alone! Stop emailing him and asking "hey, man, heard you were pissed at Axl... hope everything's fine". He's got lots of things to do, he's a busy man.

Why don't mods delete Ron's email? He didn't ask anyone to post it, it's personal, should be deleted imo. Or at least edit the email bits - also the quoted posts...

If you're going to post someone else's comments, at least act like a man and ask him if he's cool with it. If he's saying something to someone through personal email, I guess it's personal and should not go public. If he wanted to say something publicly, he'd do it via twitter, fb or his forum. That's how you should act. He was nice and honest replying an email, you should be nice and honest to him as well.

On the other hand... stop talking about his own feelings and actions. This is getting ridiculous and out of hand. Seriously, Ron did not blame anyone. He didn't say it was Axl's or Doc's fault. Stop reading too much into it. Can't you all act like normal people at least once? It's a band, a tour, not your lives. I hope everything's cool, I'd love to see some proshot footage of the tour, but c'mon. Stop spreading ridiculous rumors and putting words into his mouth. Leave the man alone! Stop emailing him and asking "hey, man, heard you were pissed at Axl... hope everything's fine". He's got lots of things to do, he's a busy man.

Why don't mods delete Ron's email? He didn't ask anyone to post it, it's personal, should be deleted imo. Or at least edit the email bits - also the quoted posts...

I haven't deleted the email because I have no control over moderation in this section of the forum. The guy who posted the email asked me to delete them after realizing that they shouldn't have been shared publicly, so don't blame him either. When another moderator logs on I'm sure it'll be taken care of - but everyone's seen it by now and Ron addressed it via Twitter so I don't think it's a big deal.

Guest Apollo

Mastadony, why is Axl's lack of communicating with you via electronic means such a huge deal in your mind? You obviously have a problem with Axl - so why follow the band? Its not the same line-up as it was 20 years ago, and no amount of bashing Axl is ever going to change that.

I think the internet generation has forgotten the way bands released information in the past. Yes, your younger bands are going to be avid facebook, tritter, myspace, boggers, etc because that's what they grew up on. Older rock stars like Axl grew up in a different time. When I was in my teens and early 20s we didn't have any of that stuff. ALL band news came from watching MTV news, headbangers ball once a week, and getting hit parader and circus magazines once a month!

So stop bashing Axl for not twittering or facebooking you on an hourly basis. He didn't grow up with the internet and may not be comfortable using it - or, may not want to waste his time online constantly. Not everybody is addicted to their internet, facebook, twittering and texting. Maybe he is out enjoying life, and would prefer doing that than sitting on a computer all day talking about what he did.

Mastadony, why is Axl's lack of communicating with you via electronic means such a huge deal in your mind? You obviously have a problem with Axl - so why follow the band? Its not the same line-up as it was 20 years ago, and no amount of bashing Axl is ever going to change that.

I think the internet generation has forgotten the way bands released information in the past. Yes, your younger bands are going to be avid facebook, tritter, myspace, boggers, etc because that's what they grew up on. Older rock stars like Axl grew up in a different time. When I was in my teens and early 20s we didn't have any of that stuff. ALL band news came from watching MTV news, headbangers ball once a week, and getting hit parader and circus magazines once a month!

So stop bashing Axl for not twittering or facebooking you on an hourly basis. He didn't grow up with the internet and may not be comfortable using it - or, may not want to waste his time online constantly. Not everybody is addicted to their internet, facebook, twittering and texting. Maybe he is out enjoying life, and would prefer doing that than sitting on a computer all day talking about what he did.

I do have a problem with Axl. Love the music, can't stand the man. I think he take us ( his fans) for granted. Axl may be of a different generation but so is Trent Raznor. Trent makes it a point to give his fans updates. I am not asking for an 800 page autobio but an interview here or there would be nice.

Negativity breeds fastest during silence, the band have a very unique way of keeping quiet to avoid doing more damage and then by being silent actually do more damage.I do feel very negative right now but in fairness most of the people complaining the loudest probably were not around 5 years ago when communication was non existent.If anything the recent communication has helped the negativity.People were used to silence then it all changed.We wanted it to change and now it has we crammer for more and more when the band feels they need to keep quiet.

Maybe my negativity is not helped by the fact i will not be seeing the band this summer.The funny thing is the people doing the loudest shouting appear not to be people who were going to see the band when in fact the biggest concern should be for those with tickets.I include myself in that comment :rolleyes:

Things are not great right now but time travel back 5 years and tell me things are so bad?, they are not!

Fuck it, like Karri said, go see a show, maybe get lucky and meet a band member or just new people.........Or go the fuck outside and see the world.This forum makes you very myopic

I do have a problem with Axl. Love the music, can't stand the man. I think he take us ( his fans) for granted. Axl may be of a different generation but so is Trent Raznor. Trent makes it a point to give his fans updates. I am not asking for an 800 page autobio but an interview here or there would be nice.

I couldn't care less if Axl continues to be an asshole, but the major difference here is that he's not touring (no, 3 and 4 shows are NOT tours, and he hasn't hit the states in 4 years), whereas during UYI it was 2.5 years of touring so you knew you'd be able to see him perform, so people would be content to put up with his shit, going on late...of course he COULD do it 20 years ago but not anymore.

the major difference here is that he's not touring (no, 3 and 4 shows are NOT tours)

These the 3 or 4 shows ?

Guns N' Roses USA Date - August 13th: Sturgis, SD (Rock 'N Rev Festival), USA

2nd Leg of the European Tour

August 27th: Reading, England

August 29th: Leeds, England

August 31st: Belfast, UK - Odyssey Arena

September 1st: Dublin, Ireland - The O2

September 4th: Rome, Italy - Palalottomatica

September 5th: Milan, Italy - Mediolanum Forum

September 8th: Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion

September 10th: Amneville, France - Le Galaxie Arena

September 13th: Paris, France - Bercy Arena

September 16th:Geneva, Switzerland - Geneva Arena

September 18th: Vienna, Austria - Wiener Stadthalle Arena

September 21rd: Bucharest, Romania - Romexpo

September 23rd: Belgrade, Serbia - Belgrade Arena

September 24th: Zagreb, Croatia - Arena Hall

September 27th: Prague, Czech Republic - O2 Arena

September 30th: Antwerpen, Belgium - Sportpaleis

October 2nd: Zenith,Lille - France - Grand Paladis

October 3rd: Arnhem, Netherlands - GelreDome XS

Off updated

October 6th: Lisbon, Portugal - Pavilhao Atlantico

October 9th: Madrid, Spain - Palacio de Vistalegre

October 10th: San Sebastian, Spain - Velódromo de Anoeta

October 13th: The O2 Arena, London, GB

October 14th: London TBC

October 17th: LG Arena Birmingham, GB

October 18th: MEN Arena Manchester, GB

October 22nd: Zaragoza, Spain - Pabellón Príncipe Felipe (Changed from the 13th)

October 23rd: Barcelona, Spain - Palau Olímpic de Badalona (Changed from the 14th)

October 29th: TBA

Guns N' Roses Europe Tour Leg 1 - Completed

May 31, 2010: Bergen, Norway, Vestlandshallen

June 2nd, 2010: Oslo, Norway, Oslo Spektrum

June 5th, 2010: Helsinki, Finland, Käpylän Urheilupuisto (Helsinki Live 2010)

June 6th 2010: St.Petersburg, Russia, New Arena

June 8th 2010: Moscow, Russia, Olympiyskiy Stadium

June 12th, 2010: Norje, Sweden, Sweden Rock Festival, Norje Havsbad

June 14th, 2010: Aalborg, Denmark, Gigantium

Central America Tour Dates

07.04.2010 - Panama City, Panama

09.04.2010 - San José, Costa Rica

11.04.2010 - San Salvador, El Salvador

13.04.2010 - Guatemala City, Guatemala

15.04.2010 - San Juan, Puerto Rico

South America Tour Dates

Santiago Chile has been rescheduled to Saturday 3/20 at indoor Movistar Arena. Buenos Aires Argentina has been rescheduled to Monday 3/22 to outdoor Velez Sarsfield Stadium.

March 7th, 2010: Brasília, Brazil @ Ginásio Nilson Nelson

March 10th, 2010: Belo Horizonte, Brazil @ Ginásio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (Mineirinho)

March 13th, 2010: São Paulo, Brazil @ Palestra Itália Stadium

March 14th, 2010: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Praça da Apoteose (Rio de Janeiro show will be rescheduled for April)

March 16th, 2010: Porto Alegre, Brazil @ Ginásio Gigantinho sold out

March 18th, 2010: Montevideo, Uruguay @ Estadio Centenario

March 20th, 2010: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Estadio River Plate

March 22nd, 2010: Santiago, Chile @ Club Hipico de Santiago

March 25th, 2010: Lima, Peru @ La Explanada Sur del Estadio Monumental

March 27th, 2010: Caracas, Venezuela @ Poliedro de Caracas

March 30th, 2010: Bogotá, Colombia @ Simón Bolívar Park

April 1st, 2010: Quito, Ecuador @ Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa

April 4th, 2010: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ Praça da Apoteose

I won't be negative.

I am positive that Axl is a joke.

Please elaborate.

It is posts like this that make me hate this forum sometimes. No, I'm not gonna move to HTGTH or anything like that.

Posts like yours aren't adding anything to the discussion, missing the point of a forum. This isn't an instant chat session. It's a message forum. A place to explain your views, not just share them.

Smarter posts leads to smarter discussion leads to better understanding leads to more mature and thoughtful, meaningful text. Let's try that, shall we?

Anyway, I'm glad the OP feels this way. We over-exaggerate everything on the internet. Get out there and see a gig, maybe win a backstage pass, meet Bumblefoot and possibly the other guys. It would probably bring one's opinions and views of this band back to earth.

Here is how Axl is a living, breathing punchline:

13 years ans millions of dollars for a new album of old songs.

Aborted tours

Inability to keep a steady line up

Inability to show up on time

Fighting Tommy Hilfiger

Fighting the press at LAX

Acting like a 13 year old during internet chats

Carrying a grudge with former bandmates for 20+ years

The secrecy about everything, it's fucking music not military planning

I won't be negative.

I am positive that Axl is a joke.

Please elaborate.

It is posts like this that make me hate this forum sometimes. No, I'm not gonna move to HTGTH or anything like that.

Posts like yours aren't adding anything to the discussion, missing the point of a forum. This isn't an instant chat session. It's a message forum. A place to explain your views, not just share them.

Smarter posts leads to smarter discussion leads to better understanding leads to more mature and thoughtful, meaningful text. Let's try that, shall we?

Anyway, I'm glad the OP feels this way. We over-exaggerate everything on the internet. Get out there and see a gig, maybe win a backstage pass, meet Bumblefoot and possibly the other guys. It would probably bring one's opinions and views of this band back to earth.

Aborted tours

Fighting Tommy Hilfiger

And you are a better person? You dont even know the resons behind the actions. Who the fuck are you to judge anybody???? TROLLING TOOL ALERT

Im a cupcake because I say something contrary to your line of thinking? Quit shining Axl's balls. We are not talking about on eincident, there is a definite pattern.

Aborted tours

Fighting Tommy Hilfiger

Like said, you don't know the reasons behind all of these occurrences. I'm not being defensive, just reasonable - considering I assume you don't know the guy. Certainly some of them aren't very justifiable.

But do you honestly believe that Axl is the only one to blame for all of these events? Do all these incidents really matter in the end? Here's the test to find out... ask yourself: could you say all these accusations in real life to his face? I doubt it.

Why? Because you don't know for sure what happened, what drove him to these things. You don't know the details.

I don't tend to judge people that I don't know personally. People should show a little more respect for one another around here. Especially towards the band that we're supposedly fans of.

Oh come on. These things don't happen to other singers/bands. Axl Rose is either the unluckliest human being on the planet or these things happen because he's a spoilt brat with an inflated ego. He's repeatedly had members leaving and repeatedly flakes out of his commitments. At some point it becomes painfully obvious that it isn't everyone else to blame, it's Axl. The man does whatever the fuck he wants without giving a shit who he tramples on in the process, be it bandmates or fans.

so here we have a good news http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1917091&spid=35830 "But we have it from official sources that Guns N Roses will play at Reading and Leeds in a couple of weeks and they will return in October to play their very nearly sold out UK shows." rock3 rock1 rock2

ROCK ON ENGLAND!

Edited by roua gri

so here we have a good news http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1917091&spid=35830 "But we have it from official sources that Guns N Roses will play at Reading and Leeds in a couple of weeks and they will return in October to play their very nearly sold out UK shows." rock3 rock1 rock2

ROCK ON ENGLAND!

There's nothing new in that article. They've clearly based that on the denial we've already had from GNR camp.

All of the reunion supporters go on about how this incarnation of Guns N Roses is irrelevant and nobody cares about Axl and his hired band.

One twitter message and in the UK it makes Sky News, BBC News, Radio 1... In America it has also been big news...

Axl and Guns are still big news, no matter what the line-up is, and all of those that desire for a reunion can still keep wishing and hoping, but don't use that pathetic excuse that "nobody cares about the current Guns"

With all the negativity, lets take this positive from the weeks events.

Guest RonMexico82

I can't believe that someone would try and spin this as proof that this band is somehow more relevant than some people think. Fact is - GNR CANCEL TOUR/AXL IS A DICK - is a good headline and sells papers/magazines etc. It has nothing to do with the band.

I can't believe that someone would try and spin this as proof that this band is somehow more relevant than some people think. Fact is - GNR CANCEL TOUR/AXL IS A DICK - is a good headline and sells papers/magazines etc. It has nothing to do with the band.

DUMB SHIT, you just proved the point you just tried to deny.

Newspapers don't write about things nobody cares about. If people don't care, they don't read the article, so the paper doesn't sell. Listeners turn the radio off. Internet pages don't get clicked and advertisers don't get exposure.

AXL ROSE & GNR ARE NEWSWORTHY.

If somebody wrote "Bush cancel a gig" would you give a shit? No.

Guest Apollo

For all you Axl-haters, there is a beauty to all of this.

Nobody is forcing you to go to his shows. Nobody is forcing you to buy his albums. Nobody is forcing you to spend time on this forum.

By doing all those things............hanging out at a forum of a band/singer that you hate...........just makes you look like a complete clown.

Axl is NOT going to read your posts and get his feelings hurt.

I could care less about what kind of "guy" he is. Or how he treats people. Or if he twitters us on a daily basis.

I will buy his next album, I will go see them on tour every couple years --- and be happy. You all, on the other hand, will do nothing but bitch and moan and whine about a guy you don't like. It's really pathetic.

Nobody is forcing you to go to his shows. Nobody is forcing you to buy his albums. Nobody is forcing you to spend time on this forum.

By doing all those things............hanging out at a forum of a band/singer that you hate...........just makes you look like a complete clown.

I could care less about what kind of "guy" he is. Or how he treats people. Or if he twitters us on a daily basis.

I will buy his next album, I will go see them on tour every couple years --- and be happy. You all, on the other hand, will do nothing but bitch and moan and whine about a guy you don't like. It's really pathetic.

Get a braincell.

:thumbsup:

ROCK ON ENGLAND!

There's nothing new in that article. They've clearly based that on the denial we've already had from GNR camp.

:rofl-lol: so fucking believable!(because I thought it will be possible for some of you, not to get my post) :lol: but's ok.

it's about the shows being close to be sold out. ;)