I just had a revelation

bacardimayne

Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

No. Just no.

Why because you can't headbang or want to commit acts of violence while listening to it? RONNIE, ATTITUDE, FIXXXER - you can honestly say these aren't great songs? It was a very appropriate double release during a time where thrash metal and hard rock were taking a backseat to other types of music and Metallica chose to explore. It is a very diverse selection of music that highlights the fact that they're more than a thrash metal band from the 80's.

Like i said, i have nothing against a change of styles. But those two albums were just weak.

The songs i like from them:

-Ain't My Bitch

-Untill It Sleeps

-The Thorn Within

-Hero Of The Day

-King Nothing

-Unforgiven 2

-Memory Remains

-Fuel

One or two other semi decent songs, but even if they did one album with that tracklisting i mentioned, it'd still be my least favourite Metallica album

Off topic somewhat??

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl Rose is like a wealthy alcoholic. He's hit rock bottom numerous times, but due to his money and the sycophantic hangers-on who surround him, he's been allowed to get away with his general assholery.

Correct. Even though people shit on Metallica here, I use them as the benchmark as to how a band should act towards their fans. They reliably tour every year, have a great website, do meet and greets for their fanclub and always show a great appreciation for the millions of people who helped made them who they are. And NOBODY here has the right to talk shit about Load and Reload and all the sellout shit given what CD is all about. Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

Metallica as a live band still works, but they forgot how to make a good album years ago. I'll take a problematic band like Gn'R anyday, with some fuckin' inspiration left in it, over a great live act that put out Death Magnetic which was, let's face it, a watered down ..And Justice For All with none of the originality, energy and memorable solos, and on top of that, has the worst mastering I've ever heard in my life. Unforgiven 3? what the fuck?

This is all a subjective debate, I get that - but unforgiven 3 is the completion of a trilogy (sound familiar?) which tells a story. I take it you've not seen them live in some time, you'll take back your energy statement as well as the lack of solos. If the Ecstasy of Gold intro doesn't give you chills, you're not alive...something big is about to happen. Nobody debates the slotting of DM, timeline-wise, as a perfect fit between AJFA and the Black Album, but it has fundamental Metallica sounds that take you back 20 years during a time where rock and metal are manufactured and boring. Remember, these guys are pushing 50 so some of the stuff slows down, but they still do 125 shows a year.

---BACK ON TOPIC---

All that notwithstanding, here's the thing that sticks with me most - I know that if I want to see Metallica in the next 12 months, I have a very, very good chance of doing that. In the next 24 months? Guaranteed. With Axl, nobody knows what the fuck is going on and at this particular point in his career, he should really reconsider this approach. Until he comes out and says "I don't give a fuck about touring, fans or anything else", he at least owes us that.

I just think the fans are owed some closure, one way or the other - either I'm committing myself to music, or I'm history...

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Axl Rose is like a wealthy alcoholic. He's hit rock bottom numerous times, but due to his money and the sycophantic hangers-on who surround him, he's been allowed to get away with his general assholery.

Correct. Even though people shit on Metallica here, I use them as the benchmark as to how a band should act towards their fans. They reliably tour every year, have a great website, do meet and greets for their fanclub and always show a great appreciation for the millions of people who helped made them who they are. And NOBODY here has the right to talk shit about Load and Reload and all the sellout shit given what CD is all about. Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

Metallica as a live band still works, but they forgot how to make a good album years ago. I'll take a problematic band like Gn'R anyday, with some fuckin' inspiration left in it, over a great live act that put out Death Magnetic which was, let's face it, a watered down ..And Justice For All with none of the originality, energy and memorable solos, and on top of that, has the worst mastering I've ever heard in my life. Unforgiven 3? what the fuck?

This is all a subjective debate, I get that - but unforgiven 3 is the completion of a trilogy (sound familiar?) which tells a story. I take it you've not seen them live in some time, you'll take back your energy statement as well as the lack of solos. If the Ecstasy of Gold intro doesn't give you chills, you're not alive...something big is about to happen. Nobody debates the slotting of DM, timeline-wise, as a perfect fit between AJFA and the Black Album, but it has fundamental Metallica sounds that take you back 20 years during a time where rock and metal are manufactured and boring. Remember, these guys are pushing 50 so some of the stuff slows down, but they still do 125 shows a year.

---BACK ON TOPIC---

All that notwithstanding, here's the thing that sticks with me most - I know that if I want to see Metallica in the next 12 months, I have a very, very good chance of doing that. In the next 24 months? Guaranteed. With Axl, nobody knows what the fuck is going on and at this particular point in his career, he should really reconsider this approach. Until he comes out and says "I don't give a fuck about touring, fans or anything else", he at least owes us that.

I just think the fans are owed some closure, one way or the other - either I'm committing myself to music, or I'm history...

George Glass you are hijacking this thread.

GNR is alive , well and about to embark on a tour and you are not "owed" nor "entitled" to anything. It has been made more than clear that the tour is happening. Stop blubbering facts about Metallica. Nobody wants to hear that. Slash is not coming back so get over it. The band will not suffer from carcinogen exposure on the UK tour or any other tour.

Edited by M&S

Guest RonMexico82

Maybe I missed something BUT - Have any of the rest of the band tweeted about the statement on Axl's twitter? If not why? Also if Axl's account was hacked, how come the hacker hasn't posted anything else? Seems like a missed opportunity to have LOTS of fun. Imagine if the hacker sent a tweet to Slash or even just started following him :lol: If it is a genuine case of the account being hacked then it seems like they missed an opportunity to create some really interesting havoc.

I can't help but wonder if what we are seeing is damage control after an outburst by Axl for real.

GNR is alive , well and about to embark on a tour and you are not "owed" nor "entitled" to anything. It has been made more than clear that the tour is happening. Stop blubbering facts about Metallica. Nobody wants to hear that. Slash is not coming back so get over it. The band will not suffer from carcinogen exposure on the UK tour or any other tour.

lol @ u, M&S! It's so tired hearing that same old line about you're not owed or entitled to anything! People that bought tickets to a bunch of shows that are in limbo are owed an answer from the band, and that hasn't been given whether you think it's clear or not!

[/gunsnroses] ???

Maybe I missed something BUT - Have any of the rest of the band tweeted about the statement on Axl's twitter? If not why? Also if Axl's account was hacked, how come the hacker hasn't posted anything else? Seems like a missed opportunity to have LOTS of fun. Imagine if the hacker sent a tweet to Slash or even just started following him :lol: If it is a genuine case of the account being hacked then it seems like they missed an opportunity to create some really interesting havoc.

I can't help but wonder if what we are seeing is damage control after an outburst by Axl for real.

i was thinking exactly that.

f it was a hack, he could have done a lot more damage by posting something related to the old band instead of "cancelling" the whole tour.

Hope this gets solved/cleared soon

Edited by slashfan31

Sadly, I have to agree with you Barcadi. I haven't watched more than a handful of tour vids since the 2007 tour, and this tour has been completely uninteresting to me. In fact, the only thing that really got my attention about it was Axl losing the braids, other than that it's the same business as usual. And if Bumblefoot leaves, the only thing I'll be waiting for is if any more material ever gets released, beyond that, I don't think I'm going to care. The hope of some scrap of new music of a leak of some kind is the only thing I have going anymore.

Why is everyone bashing Axl in this thread (or talking about Metallica for that matter)? Did nobody read the article where the founder of the whole thing said Axl was ready to go onstage at 11:30 but equipment problems prevented them from going on?

I bet you voted for Obama too! He fed us a lot of bullshit during his campaign. False bullshit. And if you can't see through the fact that guy has been sucking dick like Gunsguy trying to get backstage passes (he wants to use the footage from that show for promotional purposes), well sir, you're an idiot.

And, to all of you who say you don't care anymore, if you read this, you do care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be visiting a GNR forum, period.

Some of you need to get lives.

Edited by Matt13

---BACK ON TOPIC---

Hijacking because I can't believe the lack of self respect you people have. Axl could take a shit right on your head and you'd be fine with it, because you'd put on your gay facebook page that "Axl just shit on my head" awesome!

I really hope Ron doesn't leave but at the end of the day I doubt he'd start getting annoyed over Axl's lateness now after he's been in the band for four years and knew what he was getting himself into before he joined.

I can see why people wouldn't really care about GN'R that much if he left. At the end of the day it would pretty much hammer home the idea that the band members are just Axl's backing band and that GN'R isn't really a unit. Which is a shame as at the start of the current tour in '09 I thought that the current lineup is really gelling well as a band and that GN'R are well and truly back on track.

I think that people are blowing the whole Ron thing out of proportion, we all have bad days and he's been good humoured at all the other shows it seems. [Correct me if I'm wrong]

If your dont care about the band then dont come here every single day and over analyze every single little thing, like worrying about setlist from Korea or Osaka or Bumfuck Egypt. Guns N Roses have been pissing people off since back in the day and thats the way it is. Rock on GNR.

Egyptian right here. Just sayin'.

You got proof that this was really written by him? :rolleyes:

Really dont need it since Bumble is known to reply to emails constantly, but if you put up a screenshot it could help prove it to those that are skeptical.

maybe his email was hacked

I know that he usually replies to his emails, but this seems like a bit too much info about what went on behind the scene to give out to a random fan.

Edited by Spoon87

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I had that revelation in 2007.

I will still attend next time Axl is in Sweden, but I'm not listening to low quality bootlegs any more and are actively searching for news.

Well. Nothing really happened to make people thik this way, so suddenly.

The tour was not cancelled, this is pretty clear now. MAYBE Axl's Twitter was indeed cracked, maybe he really posted that and the GNR management said it was cracked so they could get sometime to convince him to change his mind. We all know (actually none of us really know :lol:) Axl, we know he has bipolar disorder, stuff like this happened before. But things are really pointing to a cracking:

1- All Axl Rose's tweet were made using an Twitter for iPhone, except the vert last one, which was made using Mobile Web.

2- On the USA, the correct spell would be cancel, with onyl one L, while in the UK, it is spelled with 2 Ls, as it's written on the very last tweet.

3- The Guns N' Roses camp revelaed on MyGNR Forum and on their official Twitter that Axl's Twitter account was indeed hacked.

4- Tour productions from all over Europe are contacting Guns N' Roses and the management is saying to all of them that the tour is still happening, and the tour promotion is spreading the word.

5- IIf your Twitter account is cracked, you have to send a detailed form to Twitter so they can verify if it's true. It usually take sometiem for them to verify so you can get your account back. Certainly, the cracker changed Axl's password and the GNR management can't get in to erase the message.

But, indeed bacardi, the Europe Tour leg 1 was lame. I hope to see a different set, no more delays on the concerts. It's everything up to Axl Rose.

Well. Nothing really happened to make people thik this way, so suddenly.

The tour was not cancelled, this is pretty clear now. MAYBE Axl's Twitter was indeed cracked, maybe he really posted that and the GNR management said it was cracked so they could get sometime to convince him to change his mind. We all know (actually none of us really know :lol:) Axl, we know he has bipolar disorder, stuff like this happened before. But things are really pointing to a cracking:

3- The Guns N' Roses camp revelaed on MyGNR Forum and on their official Twitter that Axl's Twitter account was indeed hacked.

Where on their twitter did they reveal this? I'm looking at it right now... They revealed they're "looking into" it, which could mean many things. They revealed that it's not their fault they were so late the other night. and they retweeted something about being patient from DaliaLama.

Other than a private message I've seen nothing about his account being hacked. If it was it seems like putting it out there in BIG BOLD LETTERS would be the best way to put this thing to rest.

Not saying it isn't true necessarily, but it is retarded!

Edited by bodine

Wait, now Ron is saying that it was Axl's fault that he the concert was late? I thought it was a technical problem, huh?

Anyway, he said everything is fine now, and I hope it's true. Don't wanna miss Ron, and concerts should really start on time. And I know Better, GUNS N' ROSES WAS 3 HOURS LATE in São Paulo, 3 hours on my feet after 3 opneing acts with 40,000 people behind me trying to take my place. Holy shit... Gotta say though, I forgot everything and all the pains when the concert started. But it could have been WAY better.

Edited by ManetsBR