I just had a revelation

bacardimayne

And bacardimayne, I get that you're a new fan and all - but if you'd been kicking around these forums for as long as some of us, you'd realise that this is actually a pretty awesome time to be a GN'R fan when you compare it to what we had in previous years... absolutely nothing, no sightings, no photos, no music, no concerts - just nothing at all. Not even snippets of rumours about Axl. When you think about that you kind of realise that right now the band is more active than it's ever been in this incarnation which is a great thing.

That's not the reason I'm tired of this band. I just don't see the future of this one being worth caring about. The 2002 band had HUGE potential. The 2006 and early 2010 ones knew what they were doing, but right now it looks like BBF is out the door very soon. I'd rather have an inactive period knowing that the band still has a decent guitarist than watch them do a half-assed tour with a pissed off guitarist who'll be leaving by the time the year ends.

Just because Ron doesn't smile and move around like he did in 2006 doesn't mean he is not happy within the band. He is playing everything note for note now which is much harder then what he did back in 2006(he improvised using his own style) but now he is playing other guitarist's music note for note. I'd assume he is getting paid very handsomely to play music and he still does some of his own stuff so the notion that "Bumble will be out by 2011" is just pure assumption in my opinion.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but right now it looks like BBF is out the door very soon. I'd rather have an inactive period knowing that the band still has a decent guitarist than watch them do a half-assed tour with a pissed off guitarist who'll be leaving by the time the year ends.

And then you don't know what you're talking about. Maybe he's pissed off (and probably rightfully so), but I think you'll find he cares more about the band, his work in it and the fans (probably the fans above all) than to walk out on it anytime soon. It's threads like this that he'll read (and believe me, he does read these places) and want to quit even more. Once the fans give up, he'll be gone.

Ron's just another victim of the fucked up ways of Axl Rose...perhaps Ron and Slash have more in common than we thought.