MSNBC: "Axl Rose pulls plug on Guns 'N' Roses tour" UPDATED

sphere79

I suppose the press are supposed to be fucking psychic and know that this guy who has a history of pulling out of gigses twitter account has been hacked right? :rolleyes:

The press are supposed to be journalists, not just take a crappy blog story then run with it on MSNBC - plus at the time they published their "article" billboard.com and many other sites were reporting it as a hack and that the tour was still on. Gee, I know google is tough to use but I think it could have been worth the 15 seconds time it would have taken to do the search, no?

I agree the lack of any sort of "official" update (though bumble and news sources say nothing has been canceled) is annoying and I'm certainly not an "Axl can do no wrong" kind of person but clearly MSNBC dropped the ball on this one. Even without any articles confirming a hack a proper news story would have done some investigation rather than just run with a "tweet" as some sort of statement of fact that 2 months of touring has been canceled.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M&S i have read a few of your posts today for the first time and i must say i find you very distasteful and based on your comments within this very thread naive.

Big bad media doing everything they can to take Axl down?, nah just portraying Axl as he has helped them to for years.You feed them nothing then they make it up, not exactly professional but who the fuck said journalists were professional? :rofl-lol: .

I wonder how Axl would fair with the English tabloid press?, a lot like MJ in many ways

The press are supposed to be journalists, not just take a crappy blog story

Someone used Axl's official, verified Twitter account to say that the tour was cancelled - two days after a controversial show where a bandmember disappeared from stage. There was no reason for anyone to immediately doubt the validity of that tweet.

Even without any articles confirming a hack a proper news story would have done some investigation rather than just run with a "tweet"

I like how you're trying to trivialize Twitter, as if the comment on Axl's account was just some little thing that journalists shouldn't rely on. You do realize that many artists use Twitter to confirm albums and tours, right? Eminem announced Recovery on Twitter and it was published in Rolling Stone and basically every other music site. That's not counting all the directors who have been using Twitter lately to announce new projects (Kevin Smith, for example). That's exactly why celebs have "Verified" accounts (as Axl does) - so people can trust that they're legit.

There was absolutely no reason at all for MSNBC not to treat that tweet as seriously as they did. If someone hacked Axl's account then that's unfortunate but AFAIK there's only been one other instance of that, ever (Britney Spears' was cracked long ago), so it's not like it's some commonplace thing.

I suppose the press are supposed to be fucking psychic and know that this guy who has a history of pulling out of gigses twitter account has been hacked right? :rolleyes:

But for the sake of argument, i'll grant you this one...what about all the other instances when Axl's backed out of doing a gig or walked off or thrown a fit or kept crowds waiting fuckin hours? I suppose that was MSNBC's fault as well huh? It's "the man" trying to bring King Axl down :lol:

How many bands can you name that are touring today have all of the original members?

Much the same way i can't name many bands where the lead singer gets the rights of a band signed over to his name and takes over and puts together an new ensemble whilst carrying on with the old bands name.

Chinese Democracy could never have lived up to the hype, no matter how good it was.

I hear that often used as a defence for Chi Dem but it's just as much an indictment of the person behind Chi Dem for taking that fucking long.

It's complex and difficult for the casual listener to zone-in on at times

Complex and difficult? :rofl-lol: Spare me..

Almost every song on this album comes complete with several movements or songs within the song...much like a complex piece written for a large orchestra.

So does The Who's Tommy and Quadrophenia but it didn't take them 15 years to make and more importantly, they were better. This is kinda key to my point, an artist with a high degree of talent in song-craft shouldn't take 15 years to make an albums worth of songs, i'm a firm believer that if you gave total musical novices 15 years to take a bunch of instruments, give em a 13 million dollar budget, fuck, we could all come up with something as good as Chi Dem. 15 years, fuck me, if Jimi Hendrix died at 27 and he got to his level of expertise after starting on the guitar at age 12 that means the time it took to make Chi Dem is the same amount of time Hendrix not only learned to play, honed his craft, made 3 revolutionary albums, i'm sure the rest of us could at least manage to learn to play at some decent level of hard rock guitar in that amount of time...and fuck, 13 million dollars? Give me that money, i'll give you the next fucking Sgt Peppers :lol:

Speaking of predictability - I like Axl because he, himself is so UNpredictable. I don't like waiting until midnight to see my favorite artist perform when I have other responsibilities but I know what I am buying when I choose to go to one of his concerts.

How on earth is it unpredictable to be late tons? :lol:

you don't like it, go watch Nickelback or someone equally as lame.

Yeah, cuz that's the only other band in the world apart from Guns n Roses, huh?

The man is unapologetically flawed and like many of us, has overcome a great deal in life to earn the success that he has had.

There's a difference between being flawed and unprofessional...and spare me that fuckin overcome a great deal shit, Bob Marley overcame a great deal, or Johnny Rotten (relatively) or Richard Pryor or Muhammad Ali...Axl got on a bus to L.A., whaddya mean overcame a great deal? We was an able bodied young man living in the richest country in the fuckin world, he's fucked up more than he's overcome, namely, a REALLY decent band.

and... "why do you think you come here, day after day, to beg for Axl to reunite with "classic line-up"? because those guys you love can not create an album to sound as GNR without Axl, and not only that you know it, but they know it! and that's way they - at least Slash does - speak about a reunion as often as possible! if he was the soul of GNR or if Izzy was, then, they wouldn't need Axl, ok? and please notice that he's not about the whole "classic line-up" to reunite, but just about him, Duff and Matt? to reunite with Axl." I quoted myself from this topic

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166712

and remember... this forum is called "MYGNR" not "THE REAL GNR" or " "CLASSIC LINE-UP" SHOULD REUNITE to make me fell as I did when I was a kid", it's about the fact that we should accept that what we loved back then is gone and it will never be again, it' s just a scientific reasoning. if you don't, then go ahead and create a site dedicated to what you believe is gnr, and speak your mind out there, and take all of persons from this site, who are like you, that is, incapable to overcame the passing of time and the changes that embodies. and you use way to much the word "spear" when you're on with a 14 years old discourse (since Slash LEFT the band), and one which is his propaganda and not based on facts as it should. SO, you make me, start a new lesson:

1.Axl invented the name for Guns N' Roses in 1985.

2.Izzy was a co-founder.

3.Slash was a brought in to fill Traci Guns place. and Adler was a fill in, and Duff was a fill in.

4.the band fired Adler because he was on more drugs then the rest of them, and was left behind by his old time buddy - Slash, with whom they were singing since 1981.

5.Izzy left the band in 1991, without giving an interview about it, but in stead, we got to hear Slash thoughts on the matter, after 6 years since that happened, as he was making excuses for his own departure.

6.since the co-founder left the band, Axl was the only original member left into the band, so he secured the name of the band, which, as already pointed out, was his creation/idea to begin with.

7.Slash left the band in 1996, to make his own record, on which he got the support of his, at that time still mates in GNR, with the exception of Duff.

8.Duff left the band in 1997, after he had a critical illness.

9.Axl begins recreating the band in 1998.

10.Slash, backed up by Sorum (which he had brought in to fill his "old friend's" place), makes lot's of interviews about why he had left the band, strange enough, in the same time as his second album is a flop, and his first became irrelevant.

11. Guns N' Roses make it's debut in the new incarnation, in Vegas(Slash incident? when he wanted to join the band on stage, remember?) in 2001.

12.Slash stars forming a new band alongside Duff, Sorum and Izzy. Izzy will eventually leave. the band will be called - Velvet Revolver(to take in as much possible from the old name, using the same paradox - strong and soft)

13. Guns N' Roses canceled it's world tour in 2002.

14. Velevet Revolver releases it's first album acclaimed by media, but with no real effect on the music evolution, in 2004. then a second one in 2007. the band got the appellative -"super group", most likely to cover up the insignificant impact they were on rock scene. in the spring of 2008 they were done.

15.Guns N' Roses had the world tour from 2006-2007, a success considering they were promoting an album they didn't had put out by then.

16.Guns N' Roses releases "Chinese Democracy" in the fall of 2008. in less then a year, with out any tv appearance by the band, without any video-clip being released it'd received 15 platinum disc awards and another 15 gold in different countries allover the world.

17. Between 1992 and 2008 Izzy released 9 albums. Duff released 2 solo and 8 with bands. Adler 1 album. Slash 2 solo and 3 with band.

18. In the fall of 2008 and spring of 2009, Slash and Dufff, were in interviews praising "Chinese Democracy". Slash was open for a collaboration with GNR.

19.In the spring of 2009 Axl gave 2 interviews stressing that is 0 possibility for Slash to work with him again.

20.In the fall of 2009 Irvin Azzof left the band, and Slash change discourse, saying it's a good Axl album and that no money in the world would make him reunite with Axl.

21. in the fall of 2009 GNR started the 3ed world tour Chinese Democracy, it's in progress now.

in all this time 1993 - 2008 GNR was in media and popular attention. "Chinese Democracy " became mythical. it was a process which no other international rock band had the balls to do it (most of GNR piers released periodical albums) or were in the position to do it. this album became a cornerstone before it's releases, as various international artists became more interested in creating good music(to which they would fell pleased) then in selling record after record. the current tour it's a success, most of the concerts being close to sold-outs, with attendance between 20.000-40.000 people in the big markets, and between 7000-12000 in the small ones.

so go figure, after 25 years, if today's GNR needs to go back in time as line-up formation in order to be successful, in order to dominate the rock scene again as it used too, or it needs some "gnr style videos" to do it? I say the last part, because combination of music-image is more powerful then just music in order to get to the mases. but, since I know few kids around 12-15 years old who just heard about GNR in 2010 and love it, then again... maybe it' all good.

Edited by roua gri

But for the sake of argument, i'll grant you this one...what about all the other instances when Axl's backed out of doing a gig or walked off or thrown a fit or kept crowds waiting fuckin hours? I suppose that was MSNBC's fault as well huh? It's "the man" trying to bring King Axl down :lol:

How many bands can you name that are touring today have all of the original members?

Much the same way i can't name many bands where the lead singer gets the rights of a band signed over to his name and takes over and puts together an new ensemble whilst carrying on with the old bands name.

Chinese Democracy could never have lived up to the hype, no matter how good it was.

I hear that often used as a defence for Chi Dem but it's just as much an indictment of the person behind Chi Dem for taking that fucking long.

It's complex and difficult for the casual listener to zone-in on at times

Complex and difficult? :rofl-lol: Spare me..

Almost every song on this album comes complete with several movements or songs within the song...much like a complex piece written for a large orchestra.

So does The Who's Tommy and Quadrophenia but it didn't take them 15 years to make and more importantly, they were better. This is kinda key to my point, an artist with a high degree of talent in song-craft shouldn't take 15 years to make an albums worth of songs, i'm a firm believer that if you gave total musical novices 15 years to take a bunch of instruments, give em a 13 million dollar budget, fuck, we could all come up with something as good as Chi Dem. 15 years, fuck me, if Jimi Hendrix died at 27 and he got to his level of expertise after starting on the guitar at age 12 that means the time it took to make Chi Dem is the same amount of time Hendrix not only learned to play, honed his craft, made 3 revolutionary albums, i'm sure the rest of us could at least manage to learn to play at some decent level of hard rock guitar in that amount of time...and fuck, 13 million dollars? Give me that money, i'll give you the next fucking Sgt Peppers :lol:

Speaking of predictability - I like Axl because he, himself is so UNpredictable. I don't like waiting until midnight to see my favorite artist perform when I have other responsibilities but I know what I am buying when I choose to go to one of his concerts.

How on earth is it unpredictable to be late tons? :lol:

you don't like it, go watch Nickelback or someone equally as lame.

Yeah, cuz that's the only other band in the world apart from Guns n Roses, huh?

The man is unapologetically flawed and like many of us, has overcome a great deal in life to earn the success that he has had.

There's a difference between being flawed and unprofessional...and spare me that fuckin overcome a great deal shit, Bob Marley overcame a great deal, or Johnny Rotten (relatively) or Richard Pryor or Muhammad Ali...Axl got on a bus to L.A., whaddya mean overcame a great deal? We was an able bodied young man living in the richest country in the fuckin world, he's fucked up more than he's overcome, namely, a REALLY decent band.

and... "why do you think you come here, day after day, to beg for Axl to reunite with "classic line-up"? because those guys you love can not create an album to sound as GNR without Axl, and not only that you know it, but they know it! and that's way they - at least Slash does - speak about a reunion as often as possible! if he was the soul of GNR or if Izzy was, then, they wouldn't need Axl, ok? and please notice that he's not about the whole "classic line-up" to reunite, but just about him, Duff and Matt? to reunite with Axl." I quoted myself from this topic

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166712

and remember... this forum is called "MYGNR" not "THE REAL GNR" or " "CLASSIC LINE-UP" SHOULD REUNITE to make me fell as I did when I was a kid", it's about the fact that we should accept that what we loved back then is gone and it will never be again, it' s just a scientific reasoning. if you don't, then go ahead and create a site dedicated to what you believe is gnr, and speak your mind out there, and take all of persons from this site, who are like you, that is, incapable to overcame the passing of time and the changes that embodies. and you use way to much the word "spear" when you're on with a 14 years old discourse (since Slash LEFT the band), and one which is his propaganda and not based on facts as it should. SO, you make me, start a new lesson:

2.Izzy was a co-founder.

3.Slash was a brought in to fill Traci Guns place. and Adler was a fill in, and Duff was a fill in.

4.the band fired Adler because he was on more drugs then the rest of them, and was left behind by his old time buddy - Slash, with whom they were singing since 1981.

5.Izzy left the band in 1991, without giving an interview about it, but in stead, we got to hear Slash thoughts on the matter, after 6 years since that happened, as he was making excuses for his own departure.

6.since the co-founder left the band, Axl was the only original member left into the band, so he secured the name of the band, which, as already pointed out, was his creation/idea to begin with.

7.Slash left the band in 1996, to make his own record, on which he got the support of his, at that time still mates in GNR, with the exception of Duff.

10.Slash, backed up by Sorum (which he had brought in to fill his "old friend's" place), makes lot's of interviews about why he had left the band, strange enough, in the same time as his second album is a flop, and his first became irrelevant.

11. Guns N' Roses make it's debut in the new incarnation, in Vegas(Slash incident? when he wanted to join the band on stage, remember?) in 2001.

12.Slash stars forming a new band alongside Duff, Sorum and Izzy. Izzy will eventually leave. the band will be called - Velvet Revolver(to take in as much possible from the old name, using the same paradox - strong and soft)

14. Velevet Revolver releases it's first album acclaimed by media, but with no real effect on the music evolution, in 2004. then a second one in 2007. the band got the appellative -"super group", most likely to cover up the insignificant impact they were on rock scene. in the spring of 2008 they were done.

15.Guns N' Roses had the world tour from 2006-2007, a success considering they were promoting an album they didn't had put out by then.

16.Guns N' Roses releases "Chinese Democracy" in the fall of 2008. in less then a year, with out any tv appearance by the band, without any video-clip being released it'd received 15 platinum disc awards and another 15 gold in different countries allover the world.

17. Between 1992 and 2008 Izzy released 9 albums. Duff released 2 solo and 8 with bands. Adler 1 album. Slash 2 solo and 3 with band.

18. In the fall of 2008 and spring of 2009, Slash and Dufff, were in interviews praising "Chinese Democracy". Slash was open for a collaboration with GNR.

19.In the spring of 2009 Axl gave 2 interviews stressing that is 0 possibility for Slash to work with him again.

20.In the fall of 2009 Irvin Azzof left the band, and Slash change discourse, saying it's a good Axl album and that no money in the world would make him reunite with Axl.

21. in the fall of 2009 GNR started the 3ed world tour Chinese Democracy, it's in progress now.

in all this time 1993 - 2008 GNR was in media and popular attention. "Chinese Democracy " became mythical. it was a process which no other international rock band had the balls to do it (most of GNR piers released periodical albums) or were in the position to do it. this album became a cornerstone before it's releases, as various international artists became more interested in creating good music(to which they would fell pleased) then in selling record after record. the current tour it's a success, most of the concerts being close to sold-outs, with attendance between 20.000-40.000 people in the big markets, and between 7000-12000 in the small ones.

so go figure, if todays GNR needs to go back in time as line-up formation in order to be successful, in order to dominate the rock scene again as it used too, or it needs some "gnr style videos" to do it? I say the last part, because combination of music-image is more powerful then just music in order to get to the mases. but, since I know few kids around 12-15 years old who just heard about GNR in 2010 and love it, then again... maybe it' all good.

tl;dr

You probably make a good point or two, though.

Far be it for me to defend the media, but honestly...what the hell is the media supposed to do here? Axl doesn't do interviews and his Twitter account is the closest he's come to interacting with the media in years. You guys say that the media sucks, this is why Axl hates the media, etc. but what else are they supposed to do? It's not like they can actually get in touch with Axl or GNR to confirm the story the way they can with frontmen from other bands if they posted something like this.

His account might have been hacked, the tour might still be on or it might be off. Nobody knows right now, and that includes GNR management who were clearly confused enough by Axl's Tweet that they came out and told fans they were looking into it. The disassociation the band has with the media is what creates stories like this, not the other way around.

What is the media supposed to do? Get the story right!

Sorry but MSNBC posted this article AFTER other sites reported the hack. If they had done ANY research they could have run with the correct version. Tons of websites including Billboard had the correct version up when MSNBC was posting the wrong info hours later.

So there's no point blaming the band or its distance on this one - it's just shoddy journalism.

Someone used Axl's official, verified Twitter account to say that the tour was cancelled - two days after a controversial show where a bandmember disappeared from stage. There was no reason for anyone to immediately doubt the validity of that tweet.

Then the thing to do would have been to report what had happened and LOOK INTO IT. 90% of media had been reporting it was a hack for several hours when MSNBC went for there jump to conclusions dramatic headline based on a blog report. "Controversial" show? No more controversial than many other GNR shows have been for 20 years now. I first read about Bumblefoot supposedly leaving the stage days later in a post here. Had the "media" actually reported anything about this concert (beyond that one area paper / website) I might have actually known that. I actually assumed it was a real kick-ass show because it's generally only when things go REALLY wrong that they get huge media interest. But of course MSNBC is right on top of a "tweet" that they read in a blog without verifying it or even searching to see what others had been reporting about the situation for hours already.

That's exactly why celebs have "Verified" accounts (as Axl does) - so people can trust that they're legit.

They started verified accounts because of all the BS ones. It doesn't matter though, someone recently created a BS

account posing as Hulk Hogan and stating that he was quitting wrestling and it still got reported. More top notch "reporting."

I like how you're trying to trivialize Twitter, as if the comment on Axl's account was just some little thing that journalists shouldn't rely on.

I didn't say they should rely on them, but they should also do their job a little too. 15 seconds of searching and they would have had a completely different story.

You're a mod? No wonder "Myke Hawk" and countless others get to run loose slinging BS in every thread around here. I'm all for open discussion but what's allowed to transpire in thread after thread is downright depressing. I understand someone not thinking the 2010 GNR is real GNR. I understand missing Slash / Duff / Izzy / Adler. What I do not understand is coming to a fan message board for the CURRENT Guns N' Roses and bitching day after day after day in thread after thread about it. It's apparent that the forum is going to have to be ruled with an iron fist (a simple mandate of "please actually a fan of this band" would work) to weed out the childish complainers a bit. I guess that's not going to happen here so I should probably move on and find a forum with a majority of members who are actually fans of the band Guns N' Roses. I'm not saying no opinions or disagreements or criticism but PLEASE be an actual fan of todays GNR, that's all. Apparently that's a tall order for mygnrforums.

BTW the MSNBC article in question has been updated to read "Axl Rose's Twitter account hacked, tour still on".

Edited by sphere79

I think most people would lay off him if he reunited the old band. That's quite an albatross to carry around.

I agree. For whatever reason Axl's the only stubborn one who's not seemingly onboard. There's pride, then there's stupidity. A 47 year old man holding a grudge like a 15 year old boy. All the stuff that's been communicated us to have transpired, I don't really see what the hang up is after 15+ years. There are bands who hated each other more (I don't even think Axl and Slash hate each other) and they have reunited. Stop the whole 'I won't sellout' thing and just fucking reunite.

I think you should read what I said again. I'm talking about the fake-ass agitators that permeate this place, with goofy account names who are here SOLELY to bitch and whine. The one's who aren't actually fans of the current band and post the same stuff repeatedly day after day in thread after thread. If that's your thing than enjoy it, I've had enough of it myself.

And enough of this reunion crap too. It isn't going to happen, move the F on people. Constantly beating yourselves and everyone else around you over the head with your pie in the sky wish to see the Appetite-era GNR together again is an exercise in pointlessness. I grew up with that band and love them too, but it's in the past and done with. I thought this was a forum for fans of the current GNR (it used to be) - if it's now supposed be a place where everyone can bitch and whine about the current band then my bad, knock yourselves out.

Then the thing to do would have been to report what had happened and LOOK INTO IT. 90% of media had been reporting it was a hack for several hours when MSNBC went for there jump to conclusions dramatic headline based on a blog report.

It just seems like you're getting really worked up over nothing.

They started verified accounts because of all the BS ones.

Yeah, exactly: like I said, it was done so that people can tell which accounts are legitimate so they don't have to wonder if they're reading tweets from impostors.

I didn't say they should rely on them, but they should also do their job a little too. 15 seconds of searching and they would have had a completely different story.

Once again, my point is that they shouldn't have needed a reason to research it because it was from a verified account. Yeah, they realized the account had been hacked afterward - and revised the story. And you're worked up over it.

You're a mod? No wonder "Myke Hawk" and countless others get to run loose slinging BS in every thread around here.

Nice try, but I don't moderate this section of the forum. Fifteen seconds of searching and you'd have seen that. ;)

And for the record, we don't let "fake-ass agitators" hang around here. It may seem like there are more trolls here, but we do try to weed out the obvious ones. It is difficult sometimes, especially during times when a lot of people are frustrated, and hence more people are liable to complain; and you're wrong to assume that just because certain users aren't being banned it means we're purposely ignoring them. If someone's trolling then report them; too often that doesn't happen and then people whine when moderators who aren't online all day long miss troll posts in busy threads.

I'm sorry if you don't like it here or think the forum should be "ruled with an iron fist," but maybe, as you said, you should indeed join another forum if that's the way you feel.

BTW the MSNBC article in question has been updated to read "Axl Rose's Twitter account hacked, tour still on".

This is something I wrote almost two pages ago:

FWIW, they did revise the article to say that the account was hacked, so the writer is doing his job. They have altered both the headline and the text of the article, so the uproar over the article is all a bit of a non-story.

The article has been revised all day, and it's been pointed out by more than a few people (the person you're arguing with included). Sometimes I wish we still had that facepalm.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I think the people who try to point out that GNR existed with Traci Gunns,Ole etc - before Slash etc. are the most retarded people on this forum.

I mean shit.....is the Traci Gunns, Ole whatever the fuck his name is, version of Guns', the one you got on board with?

I think the people who try to point out that GNR existed with Traci Gunns,Ole etc - before Slash etc. are the most retarded people on this forum.

I mean shit.....is the Traci Gunns, Ole whatever the fuck his name is, version of Guns', the one you got on board with?

Some people it's possible.

Not all people became fans for the Slash lineup though, bunch of my friends only like CD. Hell CD is my mom's favorite GnR album.

Even without any articles confirming a hack a proper news story would have done some investigation rather than just run with a "tweet"

I like how you're trying to trivialize Twitter, as if the comment on Axl's account was just some little thing that journalists shouldn't rely on. You do realize that many artists use Twitter to confirm albums and tours, right? Eminem announced Recovery on Twitter and it was published in Rolling Stone and basically every other music site. That's not counting all the directors who have been using Twitter lately to announce new projects (Kevin Smith, for example). That's exactly why celebs have "Verified" accounts (as Axl does) - so people can trust that they're legit.

There was absolutely no reason at all for MSNBC not to treat that tweet as seriously as they did. If someone hacked Axl's account then that's unfortunate but AFAIK there's only been one other instance of that, ever (Britney Spears' was cracked long ago), so it's not like it's some commonplace thing.

I'm not questioning the reasons why PMSNBC ran the story... I'm questioning WHY they would run the story at all. GNR isn't exactly huge news, and they don't have anything to do with politics, wall street or world events. That's what MSNBC should be covering, in their usual left favoring way. But, then again, I don't think anybody even watches MSNBC so I guess this is all a moot point.

GNR is in the realm of MTV or tabloids.

I'm not questioning the reasons why PMSNBC ran the story... I'm questioning WHY they would run the story at all. GNR isn't exactly huge news, and they don't have anything to do with politics, wall street or world events. That's what MSNBC should be covering, in their usual left favoring way. But, then again, I don't think anybody even watches MSNBC so I guess this is all a moot point.

Sup, Bill.

Felt up any interns lately?

You're a mod? No wonder "Myke Hawk" and countless others get to run loose slinging BS in every thread around here. I'm all for open discussion but what's allowed to transpire in thread after thread is downright depressing. I understand someone not thinking the 2010 GNR is real GNR. I understand missing Slash / Duff / Izzy / Adler. What I do not understand is coming to a fan message board for the CURRENT Guns N' Roses and bitching day after day after day in thread after thread about it. It's apparent that the forum is going to have to be ruled with an iron fist (a simple mandate of "please actually a fan of this band" would work) to weed out the childish complainers a bit. I guess that's not going to happen here so I should probably move on and find a forum with a majority of members who are actually fans of the band Guns N' Roses. I'm not saying no opinions or disagreements or criticism but PLEASE be an actual fan of todays GNR, that's all. Apparently that's a tall order for mygnrforums.

Hear, hear. :thumbsup:

Then the thing to do would have been to report what had happened and LOOK INTO IT. 90% of media had been reporting it was a hack for several hours when MSNBC went for there jump to conclusions dramatic headline based on a blog report.

It just seems like you're getting really worked up over nothing.

They started verified accounts because of all the BS ones.

Yeah, exactly: like I said, it was done so that people can tell which accounts are legitimate so they don't have to wonder if they're reading tweets from impostors.

Once again, my point is that they shouldn't have needed a reason to research it because it was from a verified account. Yeah, they realized the account had been hacked afterward - and revised the story. And you're worked up over it.

You're a mod? No wonder "Myke Hawk" and countless others get to run loose slinging BS in every thread around here.

Nice try, but I don't moderate this section of the forum. Fifteen seconds of searching and you'd have seen that. ;)

And for the record, we don't let "fake-ass agitators" hang around here. It may seem like there are more cupcakes here, but we do try to weed out the obvious ones. It is difficult sometimes, especially during times when a lot of people are frustrated, and hence more people are liable to complain; and you're wrong to assume that just because certain users aren't being banned it means we're purposely ignoring them. If someone's trolling then report them; too often that doesn't happen and then people whine when moderators who aren't online all day long miss cupcake posts in busy threads.

I'm sorry if you don't like it here or think the forum should be "ruled with an iron fist," but maybe, as you said, you should indeed join another forum if that's the way you feel.

This is something I wrote almost two pages ago:

FWIW, they did revise the article to say that the account was hacked, so the writer is doing his job. They have altered both the headline and the text of the article, so the uproar over the article is all a bit of a non-story.

The article has been revised all day, and it's been pointed out by more than a few people (the person you're arguing with included). Sometimes I wish we still had that facepalm.

Does he get to keep the nice shiny silver platter that you just handed him his ass on? He could use it to serve up some of his utter bullshit to that guy with the iron fist who censors everything at that other site that went to hell a while ago...

A8R

You're right, they should be covering news and that type of thing but they aren't. Keep in mind these are the guy who are behind "To Catch a Predator" and other sensationalist excuses for news stories and investigative reporting. Hilarious shows, but nothing close to actual news reporting. I'm not surprised at all that they jumped on the chance to plaster that up on their blog, or website or whatever it was since they're getting pretty close to being a tabloid themselves.

A8R

Did anybody see the story on this on ultimate-guitar.com? - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/guns_n_roses_not_cancelling_tour_dates.html

Bumblefoot contacted them to give a statement, which one would hope would be something concrete in positive. Instead, want to know what it was?

"Don't return your tickets yet...."

I mean WTF is all this about?! It's just nonsense that this issue can't be cleared up in a straightforward manner.

Guest Len B'stard

I'm sorry, if i've understood this correctly but when have you seen me say anything even vaguely close to wanting the old line up to reunite?

and remember... this forum is called "MYGNR" not "THE REAL GNR" or " "CLASSIC LINE-UP" SHOULD REUNITE to make me fell as I did when I was a kid", it's about the fact that we should accept that what we loved back then is gone and it will never be again

Uh...who died and left you in charge of deciding what the meaning behind the existence of this forum is?

if you don't, then go ahead and create a site dedicated to what you believe is gnr

What i believe is of no account, what matters is the paperwork kid ;)

speak your mind out there, and take all of persons from this site, who are like you, that is, incapable to overcame the passing of time and the changes that embodies.

Sorry, remind me, what on earth are you talking about again? Again, i dunno where you hallucinated anything like i was interested in a reunion of any kind i have no idea but you seem to have latched onto the notion pretty solidly.

2.Izzy was a co-founder.

Abbreviation: A bunch of guys got a band TOGETHER, made music TOGETHER, got famous TOGETHER, got critical acclaim TOGETHER...broke up and then just because he thought up the name has the right to go masquerading as that same band despite everyone having left. What counts in a band is the substance, the work, what goes on under the name is the work and then to use that name that A COLLECTIVE gave credence without the collective, THAT is really cheap. John Lennon thought up the name The Beatles too, you think it'd be cool if he got the right ink on the right bits of paper that he went around with Yoko Ono and Klaus Voorman claiming to be The Beatles? I think not.

Wow...Tom Jones sells out arenas, whats your point? And newsflash, i dunno what alternate universe you live in where in making Chi Dem Axl was some kinda selfless trailblazer and that "media and popular attention" gave a flying fuck in the period of 15 fuckin years except for a few snickering column inches and all around jokes which were further compounded when the album came out and it was sub-standard matierial to their minds. A cornerstone?!?! :lol: Do me a favor, please!

so go figure, after 25 years, if today's GNR needs to go back in time as line-up formation in order to be successful, in order to dominate the rock scene again as it used too, or it needs some "gnr style videos" to do it? I say the last part, because combination of music-image is more powerful then just music in order to get to the mases. but, since I know few kids around 12-15 years old who just heard about GNR in 2010 and love it, then again... maybe it' all good.

Again, harping on some kinda back in time line up crap that you appear to've seen me saying :rolleyes: