MSNBC: "Axl Rose pulls plug on Guns 'N' Roses tour" UPDATED

sphere79

Did anybody see the story on this on ultimate-guitar.com? - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/guns_n_roses_not_cancelling_tour_dates.html

Bumblefoot contacted them to give a statement, which one would hope would be something concrete in positive. Instead, want to know what it was?

"Don't return your tickets yet...."

I mean WTF is all this about?! It's just nonsense that this issue can't be cleared up in a straightforward manner.

It means he doesnt know what the fuck is going on. Other than at least a few dates are coming.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the people who try to point out that GNR existed with Traci Gunns,Ole etc - before Slash etc. are the most retarded people on this forum.

I mean shit.....is the Traci Gunns, Ole whatever the fuck his name is, version of Guns', the one you got on board with?

ha, couldn't agree more

I think the people who try to point out that GNR existed with Traci Gunns,Ole etc - before Slash etc. are the most retarded people on this forum.

I mean shit.....is the Traci Gunns, Ole whatever the fuck his name is, version of Guns', the one you got on board with?

ha, couldn't agree more

and the ones hanging on to their puberty illusion are?

I didn't got on board with a band, I got into GNR sound, for me it's all about the music.

but since, there are some of you, who are "believers" who got to adore one form of "gods", and you seem to try to convince others that your "gods" are the ones which are to be "adored", then I'll say no to you! because every one is entitled to "adored their own gods". and so, I'll stressed the formation, the way "your religion" created, and that no gods are real, they are illusion we create to help us to go through life.

don't you see your self? at every single topic, you wait to have the opportunity to beg for your "gods" to come back together. and not only that, which would be fine by everyone's else own account, but you stick into their face that they are not right on their "religion", that their's is fake and your is real!

so, it's not about only you, the forum users, but it's about the readers. because I was a reader for 2 years before I decided to come in here, to have my say on this matter. as one poster said, "why don't we discuss the music?" and go through all this "band" talk? I guess I found out the reason, see up.

ha, couldn't agree more

I didn't got on board with a band, I got into GNR sound, for me it's all about the music.

but since, there are some of you, who are "believers" who got to adore one form of "gods", and you seem to try to convince others that your "gods" are the ones which are to be "adored", then I'll say no to you! because every one is entitled to "adored their own gods". and so, I'll stressed the formation, the way "your religion" created, and that no gods are real, they are illusion we create to help us to go through life.

don't you see your self? at every single topic, you wait to have the opportunity to beg for your "gods" to come back together. and not only that, which would be fine by everyone's else own account, but you stick into their face that they are not right on their "religion", that their's is fake and your is real!

so, it's not about only you, the forum users, but it's about the readers. because I was a reader for 2 years before I decided to come in here, to have my say on this matter. as one poster said, "why don't we discuss the music?" and go through all this "band" talk? I guess I found out the reason, see up.

Seriously, what the fuck??? The only people here who get religious are the Axl worshippers and nut swingers who think he has flawlessly managed to keep on with the "GN'R legacy". For me, I think I would not be interested in a reunion if they confirmed they are planning on releasing new music at all. Sooner or later, i don't care, but it would at least give us something to expect.

Hell, If only at least this band acted like one instead of Axl N' Roses. The lack of communication them and Axl is astonishing.

ha, couldn't agree more

Seriously, what the fuck??? The only people here who get religious are the Axl worshippers and nut swingers who think he has flawlessly managed to keep on with the "GN'R legacy". For me, I think I would not be interested in a reunion if they confirmed they are planning on releasing new music at all. Sooner or later, i don't care, but it would at least give us something to expect.

Hell, If only at least this band acted like one instead of Axl N' Roses. The lack of communication them and Axl is astonishing.

no, they are not the only ones... and from my account/memories I never read or wrote about the "GNR legacy" anywhere, but it could be since immemorial times, when the forum first started... and I didn't get to read all topics and posts, yet.

as I wrote before, I'm for the music. so if you are also, then I don't see were is "seriously, what the fuck???" coming from, because that was my point, the forum users talk less about music and way, way more on the band/events about it/shit/fuck/stupid... etc.

ha, couldn't agree more

no, they are not the only ones... and from my account/memories I never read or wrote about the "GNR legacy" anywhere, but it could be since immemorial times, when the forum first started... and I didn't get to read all topics and posts, yet.

most of Slash fans are "captivated" by the "racist burden". meaning that the "white trash" is guilty from the start on, just because he is a white male from USA, and the "black man" is the victim, just because he is black. notice

ha, couldn't agree more

as I wrote before, I'm for the music. so if you are also, then I don't see were is "seriously, what the fuck???" coming from, because that was my point, the forum users talk less about music and way, way more on the band/events about it/shit/fuck/stupid... etc.

and you are still a bitch! :shrugs:

:rolleyes: so...you really want your's ha? you won't get it.

and to SunnyDRE, it took you a wail to find my post... :lol::D and taking it out of the context is?

Edited by roua gri

ha, couldn't agree more

Well I'll have to agree with your point there about the fans not caring about the music, but about who is in the band and other shit. My point is that in general, the people who think about these guys as 'gods' are more frequently the ones who can't see anything wrong with the band and will agree with whatever Axl says.

Edited by Mike Honcho

ha, couldn't agree more

Well I'll have to agree with your point there about the fans not caring about the music, but about who is in the band and other shit. My point is that in general, the people who think about these guys as 'gods' are more frequently the ones who can't see anything wrong with the band and will agree with whatever Axl says.

ok. I got it. they are in the same bucket for me.

ha, couldn't agree more

:rolleyes: so...you really want your's ha? you won't get it.

and to SunnyDRE, it took you a wail to find my post... :lol::D

Not at all. I remembered it, because it was one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board.

and taking it out of the context is?

I think you are pretty clear.

Edited by SunnyDRE

That's not the point of that argument and you know it.

The point is: What's in a name?

Guns N' Roses was named for Tracii Guns and Axl Rose. Tracii left and then moved on with L.A. Guns, and this band kept the name. It wasn't Guns N' Popcorn, Guns N' Izzy, or Guns N' Slash.

In essence, this band has always been a revolving door enterprise. Adler, Izzy = Sorum, Clarke. Dizzy joins. Clarke gets replaced by Paul Huge. Slash leaves, Duff leaves... band members come and go. Slash left in 96, Duff in 98. It's not like it all happened at once or Axl fired the old band. Hell, I'm in my 30s, and GN'R lost an original member when I was in grade school!

But frankly, if you want to talk retarded, one only need to glance at the constant naysayers and negative nitwits, yourself included, that drag this forum down.

This whole thread was about MSNBC doing a piss-poor job of reporting an incorrect story when dozens of other news outlets had run with the correct version. There's no excuse for that. They updated the story, but late. It's shoddy journalism and just another sign of the times, when the lame-stream media gets all their tidbits off blogs and twitter and fails to fact check anything.

A real press outlet/journalist would have at least got on the phone to Doc by way of his management group and tried to verify the story. Even if it was just for a "no comment" or "we're looking into it."

Billboard was smart enough, as I've already posted, to notice the grammatical differences and mobile web irregularity. Many other outlets were as well. MSNBC was slow get things straight. Period.

And that's it. Every other lame offshoot in this thread is as pointless as you crying about those who point out Slash wasn't first to the party. Well, he wasn't. You can argue it all you want, but facts are facts.

This whole thread was about MSNBC doing a piss-poor job of reporting an incorrect story when dozens of other news outlets had run with the correct version. There's no excuse for that. They updated the story, but late. It's shoddy journalism and just another sign of the times, when the lame-stream media gets all their tidbits off blogs and twitter and fails to fact check anything.

Once again: there is a difference between getting news from random Twitter accounts and off of Perez-type blogs versus verified Twitters and official blogs. MSNBC was citing Axl's official Twitter. You're making huge jumps here just because you want to make lame-stream media jokes.

And that's it. ... You can argue it all you want, but facts are facts.

There are facts and then there is how you choose to perceive these facts. You are rather arrogantly assuming that just because you see the situation one way, it's the right way. I could just as easily back up my own perspective of the situation and say "facts are facts". Example:

Fact is MSNBC reported what came through Axl's official Twitter, and did not report rumours or gossip from no-name accounts and claim it to be factual (if that were the case, I would agree with you 100%). Fact is Billboard got wind of the truth (probably after GN'R contacted them) and other sites updated their articles accordingly. MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them. ;)

It doesn't mean they're poor journalists. It means they reported something -- direct quotes -- about the tour based on what was posted through the band frontman's official Twitter account. If it hadn't been Axl's official account, and if it had just been some random tabloid blogger, and they had chosen to twist it for a headline and present it as facts? Without checking first with the band's manager? Then yeah -- your argument would make an ounce of sense. Currently, it doesn't.

Edited by Estranged Reality

MSNBC comes off as goofs no matter how you try to defend them. They got it wrong and that is terrible for a news organization. It hurts their reputation and they need to prevent these mistakes it they want to be taken seriously. I don't care if you think an official twitter account is a reputable source or not; the fact is, it bit them in the butt by putting their sole trust into it and not verifying it. There was no rush to run the story on their website. They should have waited like others did and gotten it correct instead of looking like goofs. Shame on MSNBC.

Edited by Stonewall Jackson

Once again: there is a difference between getting news from random Twitter accounts and off of Perez-type blogs versus verified Twitters and official blogs. MSNBC was citing Axl's official Twitter. You're making huge jumps here just because you want to make lame-stream media jokes.

And that's it. ... You can argue it all you want, but facts are facts.

There are facts and then there is how you choose to perceive these facts. You are rather arrogantly assuming that just because you see the situation one way, it's the right way. I could just as easily back up my own perspective of the situation and say "facts are facts". Example:

Fact is MSNBC reported what came through Axl's official Twitter, and did not report rumours or gossip from no-name accounts and claim it to be factual (if that were the case, I would agree with you 100%). Fact is Billboard got wind of the truth (probably after GN'R contacted them) and other sites updated their articles accordingly. MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them. ;)

It doesn't mean they're poor journalists. It means they reported something -- direct quotes -- about the tour based on what was posted through the band frontman's official Twitter account. If it hadn't been Axl's official account, and if it had just been some random tabloid blogger, and they had chosen to twist it for a headline and present it as facts? Without checking first with the band's manager? Then yeah -- your argument would make an ounce of sense. Currently, it doesn't.

Why is this hard to comprehend???

It's not that they quoted the twitter account, it's that they posted the story AFTER it was ALREADY PROVEN FALSE. And they did not pick it up off Axl's twitter, they picked it up off a third-party blog that picked it up off Axl's twitter! No doubt they then went and checked his twitter but I see nothing to separate MSNBC from TMZ and Perez Hilton at this point, except the latter sites probably had the correct story up sooner.

MSNBC posted that story HOURS after other sources ran the correct one. Blabbermouth had already edited its story when MSNBC took a story off an unknown blog and ran it. They didn't even go directly to the twitter, they lifted it from some blog/schlock site they're partnered with in some way or other, and failed to fact check. It was easy to see at the time off of Google news - sorry if that's tough to understand but that's not an opinion. Cold hard facts and timestamps.

That's bad journalism. Period.

Had they even done a Google search they could have run the correct headline since they were late posting the news anyway. Instead, MSNBC pulled a chicken little routine.

Edited by kyrie

And just to add to how horrid MSNBC is handling this, the story still reads "Hours after Axl Rose proclaimed via Twitter that Guns N' Roses' upcoming tour was canceled"

Umm, if it was hacked, clearly he didn't proclaim it, now did he?

Anything to save face I guess. Funny to see all the people posting corrections in the comments before the site finally changed it.

Schlock. Journalism.

It's not that they quoted the twitter account, it's that they posted the story AFTER it was ALREADY PROVEN FALSE.

Hard to comprehend? Didn't I acknowledge that in my last reply?

MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them

Again -- you're way over-analyzing and overreacting to this. Shit happens. MSNBC is far from schlock journalism.

If this little non-story is evoking such rage from you and is enough to make you condemn a major and internationally-respected news source, then I'd hate to see how you react to other things.

ha, couldn't agree more

dude, you care way too much about this

I'm just a Guns N' Roses fan, I can like whatever the fuck I want to like about Guns N' Roses, just like you. Seriously, we discuss the music here every day, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy on your little religious crusade against... whatever the fuck you're so riled up about. Lol, you on your high horse, telling me I don't talk about the music. Fucking hypocrite, what about you? Every one of your posts I've seen has been the same old cliche argumentative rhetoric thats been beaten to death on this forum for years

can't wait till you're banned :thumbsup:

ha, couldn't agree more

dude, you care way too much about this

I'm just a Guns N' Roses fan, I can like whatever the fuck I want to like about Guns N' Roses, just like you. Seriously, we discuss the music here every day, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy on your little religious crusade against... whatever the fuck you're so riled up about. Lol, you on your high horse, telling me I don't talk about the music. Fucking hypocrite, what about you? Every one of your posts I've seen has been the same old cliche argumentative rhetoric thats been beaten to death on this forum for years

can't wait till you're banned :thumbsup:

:D me too! but you do realize that you don't really know how to read? I was quoting other poster, and I didn't exclude myself from the ones who do the "band talk".

that was and is my point, that we should all "like whatever the fuck" we "want to like about Guns N' Roses" and stop convincing the rest of the people to like what we like. but I guess I have to accept, as I see day by day, that you americans are really as the rest of the world sees you, as poorly educated. well... :shrugs: that's a wrap. but not before I answer some one here....

It's not that they quoted the twitter account, it's that they posted the story AFTER it was ALREADY PROVEN FALSE.

Hard to comprehend? Didn't I acknowledge that in my last reply?

MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them

Again -- you're way over-analyzing and overreacting to this. Shit happens. MSNBC is far from schlock journalism.

If this little non-story is evoking such rage from you and is enough to make you condemn a major and internationally-respected news source, then I'd hate to see how you react to other things.

So you've gone from defending them to "ooh but why are you so upset by it" and "ooh they're respected,"

Actually, MSNBC is far from respected these days. Better than CNN by an inch, and anything is better than Faux News, that's about it.

Admit it - they fucked up. Or don't - I think I've made my point.

Also, you replied to your own quote, not sure what the point of that was. "MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them" - I didn't type that. You might want to pay attention to who you're replying to.

Edited by kyrie

to STAR

I want my what? :blink: if you are talking about a reply,do not waste your energy,you will need that when they strap you in tonight :devil: heard any good bed time stories lately? :book:

so it seems that you are some small dick complexed about it "white trash", since you enjoy to use so much the word "bitch", and always have sexually comments.

if you can comprehend what I'll write here, then, maybe you still got a chance.

when using such word, some one is clearly sexually frustrate, and more often they will choose to see the opposite sex as enemies, most likely that's happening because you don't understand your own sexuality, and even more yourself . so, since you feel humiliated for not being adored or just respected as a man, then you'll try to humiliate back, with anger, the opposite sex. now, as we all seen star wars, there is a saying about anger, "anger comes from hate, hate comes from fear".

I know that my reply, will hurt as hell, so I apologizes, as it's not my intention to hurt you emotionally. but you ask for it. sorry! hope you can overcome the emotional problems you are in. all the best!

Edited by roua gri

So you've gone from defending them to "ooh but why are you so upset by it" and "ooh they're respected,"

Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? No, that's not what I'm saying at all - and frankly, attempting to both childishly undermine and distort someone's opinion in the manner you have repeatedly done so in this thread speaks quite poorly of you.

Please take the time to understand posts before you respond to them. Case in point:

Also, you replied to your own quote, not sure what the point of that was. "MSNBC just happened to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on -- and who knows, maybe they waited so long to post it because they had tried to contact GN'R for comment and they never got back to them" - I didn't type that. You might want to pay attention to who you're replying to.

You might want to pay attention, period. Here is a screencap of that reply:

11twuc7.png

I was deliberately quoting my previous post to you to show that you had either overlooked a crucial point or skimmed right past it, and even acknowledged that I was doing so because you were reiterating something I had already stated and, oddly, offering it as some kind of refutation. If you had been following more closely there's no way you could have thought I was "replying to myself."

Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? No, that's not what I'm saying at all - and frankly, attempting to both childishly undermine and distort someone's opinion in the manner you have repeatedly done so in this thread speaks quite poorly of you.

Please take the time to understand posts before you respond to them. Case in point:

You might want to pay attention, period. Here is a screencap of that reply:

11twuc7.png

I was deliberately quoting my previous post to you to show that you had either overlooked a crucial point or skimmed right past it, and even acknowledged that I was doing so because you were reiterating something I had already stated and, oddly, offering it as some kind of refutation. If you had been following more closely there's no way you could have thought I was "replying to myself."

Nice try, but sorry - I'd already given ample evidence that the article was posted AFTER, not at the same time, as correct articles. Therefore, your quote from your previous post really didn't make much sense. If you're going to deliberately quote something, you might want to try adding a little context instead of just throwing a quote out there with a brief comment above or under it. I was following just fine - you simply didn't make yourself clear. You quoted yourself and then said "Again -- you're way over-analyzing and overreacting to this." Your comment beforehand could have referred to the previous quote just as easily, and given MSNBC did NOT "just happen(ed) to be posting theirs as others realized what was going on" - they posted, in fact, HOURS after. Your liberal editing of my post and throwing in your own quote muddled your reply. Go ahead and make all the excuses you want however. You did a crap job explaining yourself. Threads like this are linear. Say what you mean, post quotes in order as they happen. Anyone with an iota of experience on forums is aware of that.

I guess you graduated from the same school of thinking as our MSNBC friends however ;)

Now... I'm being childish? Really? It speaks poorly of me?

Two points. One, I've been far from childish, instead, you were unable to really back up your point with anything of merit, and when facts - timestamps on articles easily found by a search on Google - buried your counterpoint, you stopped responding to any actual criticism and said "I'd hate to see how you react to other things." and started claiming I'm over-analyzing things. Well guess what - the media runs on a tight deadline and accuracy trumps all. PollStar. Billboard. BBC. All of these outlets ran the correct story before MSNBC tanked in their attempt. You can argue til you're green in the face but the timeframe speaks for itself. So no, I'm not over-analyzing, when you consider the trade we're talking about.

And so I'm being childish - yet it's ok for you to attack the author rather than the argument, which is exactly what you did - albeit with some polite wording - at the end of your last post? Pot, meet Kettle, you share a similar shade.

Second, your opinion of me means less than you could possibly imagine.

If you'd like to continue to defend an example of shoddy, lazy journalism at its finest, go right ahead. Frankly, I can't believe you're in here defending an inaccurate article. One that, I might add, STILL has inaccuracies in the so-called correction.

To me, it seems like you're one of the so-called "fans" on this board who simply want to take any possible incident as a way to criticize the band.

Edited by kyrie