Rock in Rio Production wants GUNS N' ROSES to Headline ROCK IN RIO IV

ManetsBR

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love for them to play Rock in Rio again. They always put on a solid performance. People were a bit harsh on Axl back in '01, but I still think Rock in Rio 3 was one of the new band's shining moments.

I tend to agree. It was a decent gig. I much prefer the current tour's setlists (if they throw Down on the Farm in here and there on this tour and maybe another surprise or two it'll be perfect for me... 'cept for Estranged and Civil War but still) but that was a great show for the material they had.

All Rock in Rio concerts Guns N' Roses have played are legendary. The only difference is that I would attend to this one :lol:

+1

Me too. :D

Oops! The same here! I'm hoping that the rumors come true: GNR + Red Hot Chilli Peppers + U2 + Evanescence + Incubus + Pearl Jam + Bob Dylan on the same day. OMG! rock3:wub:

That's too good to be true.

LOL. I would be satisfied with just Guns N Roses. If they can stick Aerosmith in there I won't complain.

I just hope I don't have to sit through too much crap until the good stuff hits the stage.

"On rock, Raidohead and Iron Maiden, that is very strong in Brazil, but not so much in Europe, where Metalica dominates".

Radiohead not very big in Europe? :huh:

Sorry for the translation, that was misquoted.

Medina meant "Metallica is bigger than Iron Maiden in Europe, but Iron Maiden is bigger in South America".

I would love to see the Axl Rose Band at Rock in Rio.

cupcake DETECTED.

Go fuck yourself with a pic of Axl. That will make you a happier person.

LOL we have quite a few fuck head cupcakes around here.

ANYWAY this would be great! GN'R can blow everyone away once again!

I'm serious, that it what I consider it. I actually like some of the songs Axl has put out there, but it isn't Guns N' Roses.

"On rock, Raidohead and Iron Maiden, that is very strong in Brazil, but not so much in Europe, where Metalica dominates".

Radiohead not very big in Europe? :huh:

Sorry for the translation, that was misquoted.

Medina meant "Metallica is bigger than Iron Maiden in Europe, but Iron Maiden is bigger in South America".

Meh, Maiden and Metallica ain't too far apart really. Maiden have had a huge increase in success over the last deacde, since the reunion

cupcake DETECTED.

I'm serious, that it what I consider it. I actually like some of the songs Axl has put out there, but it isn't Guns N' Roses.

I must be seeing things....when i bought CD i clearly saw Guns N' Roses on the cover shrugs.gif

Mine too. Very weird....

cupcake DETECTED.

I must be seeing things....when i bought CD i clearly saw Guns N' Roses on the cover shrugs.gif

I hear ya....Classic bait and switch.

I was confused when I listened to it aswell. Unfortunately, Best Buy refused to issue a refund. They told me I had to write or call the distributor; which I did.....still haven't heard back. **shrugs**

cupcake DETECTED.

I was confused when I listened to it aswell. Unfortunately, Best Buy refused to issue a refund. They told me I had to write or call the distributor; which I did.....still haven't heard back. **shrugs**

Let's see...... Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Brain, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Dizzy Reed, Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias, Richard Fortus, Chris Pittman, Josh Freese

My point is that these "hired Guns" go in and out like session musicians, which is very similar to what people do with solo albums. By the way, there is only one original member in that list.

It is and always will be an Axl Rose solo project to me.

cupcake DETECTED.

Let's see...... Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Brain, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Dizzy Reed, Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias, Richard Fortus, Chris Pittman, Josh Freese

My point is that these "hired Guns" go in and out like session musicians, which is very similar to what people do with solo albums. By the way, there is only one original member in that list.

So where do Matt and Gilby fit into your equations?

All Rock in Rio concerts Guns N' Roses have played are legendary. The only difference is that I would attend to this one :lol:

+1

Me too. :D

Oops! The same here! I'm hoping that the rumors come true: GNR + Red Hot Chilli Peppers + U2 + Evanescence + Incubus + Pearl Jam + Bob Dylan on the same day. OMG! rock3:wub:

That's too good to be true.

LOL. I would be satisfied with just Guns N Roses. If they can stick Aerosmith in there I won't complain.

I just hope I don't have to sit through too much crap until the good stuff hits the stage.

Oh yeah, I forgot Aerosmith! OH BIG JESUS I`ll die. Don`t worry about the crap bands or singers, we`ll be there in the midle of that really giant crowd having a lot of fun and waiting for our dear uncle Axl scream one more time: "Do you know where the f#$@^&*( you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????" wooooooowwwww :wub: ... and F$#%^& the haters! :D

cupcake DETECTED.

So where do Matt and Gilby fit into your equations?

You still had a stable band with Matt.

UYI recording lineup:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy, and Matt

Added a member and replaced a member

You have 4/5 original members in the lineup

You didn't have musicians going in and out of the band. They replaced Steven with Matt and stayed with it.

It is the same thing with Van Halen. All original members but they replace David with Sammy and stayed with it. With Sammy, I still consider them Van Halen.

I'm just saying there is not enough stability in the current Guns N' Roses to truly be considered a band.

Edited by coolio GNR

I was just wondering, how safe is it?

I've attended plenty of festivals, but Rio is one of the most dangerous city's in the world.

Not really. Don't believe in media. I've been there two times, walked in the night during the carnival, nothing happened, all I saw was happiness. If you're not going to stay in favelas you'll be fine.

Edited by marlon_brando15