Rock in Rio Production wants GUNS N' ROSES to Headline ROCK IN RIO IV

ManetsBR

I was just wondering, how safe is it?

I've attended plenty of festivals, but Rio is one of the most dangerous city's in the world.

Relax, Rio is OK dude, believe me. Don't believe the media and The Simpsons! Specially in events like Rock in Rio and carnival, people are there to enjoy, happiness all over the place.

People from Rio are the most happy and sweet in Brazil. It's not dangerous, you can't only walk alone in the slum at late night. But in any city can you do that?

But you have to watch your things of course, don't leave your cellphone in the table of a restaurant and come back 5min later expecting it to be there. (jarmo :facepalm:)

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've attended plenty of festivals, but Rio is one of the most dangerous city's in the world.

Relax, Rio is OK dude, believe me. Don't believe the media and The Simpsons! Specially in events like Rock in Rio and carnival, people are there to enjoy, happiness all over the place.

People from Rio are the most happy and sweet in Brazil. It's not dangerous, you can't only walk alone in the slum at late night. But in any city can you do that?

But you have to watch your things of course, don't leave your cellphone in the table of a restaurant and come back 5min later expecting it to be there. (jarmo :facepalm:)

Rio de Janeiro was awesome when I went. Friendly and informative.

I was born in Rio. Lived there literally half my life and go there every single year to visit family who have lived there all their lives. Nothing ever happenned to any of us.

Just don't put on gold chains and go up a fuckin' favela at two in the morning.

I would love to see the Axl Rose Band at Rock in Rio.

cupcake DETECTED.

Go fuck yourself with a pic of Axl. That will make you a happier person.

LOL we have quite a few fuck head cupcakes around here.

ANYWAY this would be great! GN'R can blow everyone away once again!

I'm serious, that it what I consider it. I actually like some of the songs Axl has put out there, but it isn't Guns N' Roses.

I must be seeing things....when i bought CD i clearly saw Guns N' Roses on the cover shrugs.gif

I hear ya....Classic bait and switch.

I was confused when I listened to it aswell. Unfortunately, Best Buy refused to issue a refund. They told me I had to write or call the distributor; which I did.....still haven't heard back. **shrugs**

Let's see...... Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Brain, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Dizzy Reed, Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias, Richard Fortus, Chris Pittman, Josh Freese

My point is that these "hired Guns" go in and out like session musicians, which is very similar to what people do with solo albums. By the way, there is only one original member in that list.

It is and always will be an Axl Rose solo project to me.

So where do Matt and Gilby fit into your equations?

You still had a stable band with Matt.

UYI recording lineup:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy, and Matt

Added a member and replaced a member

You have 4/5 original members in the lineup

You didn't have musicians going in and out of the band. They replaced Steven with Matt and stayed with it.

It is the same thing with Van Halen. All original members but they replace David with Sammy and stayed with it. With Sammy, I still consider them Van Halen.

I'm just saying there is not enough stability in the current Guns N' Roses to truly be considered a band.

On what basis are you judging the stability of the band? Are you their manager or something? Do you have any inside info that nobody on he planet has? shrugs.gif

You seriously should show respect to guys like Chris, Tommy, Dizzy, Fortus.......they have been Guns N' Roses much longer than your precious drug riddled "heroes" from the 80s. To me and other logical fans with a brain they are more GNR than Duff, Slash, Gilby, Matt etc..... And don't get me started on Adler LOLLLLLLLLL

You obviously did not read my post lol.

ROCK IN RIO 4 OFFICIAL TRAILER:

Guns N' Roses on it! :lol:

Am I missing something where does this state that GNR will be there???????????????????????????????????

Also check out the shirt at the 5:53 mark! Not to smart if you ask me if you want GNR to play!

Am I missing something where does this state that GNR will be there???????????????????????????????????

Also check out the shirt at the 5:53 mark! Not to smart if you ask me if you want GNR to play!

Did anyone say they'll be there??

It's just a video of the history of RIR, didn't you get that from watching it?

It's not like any major acts have been announced yet, but it's nice to see GN'R being recognized as part of RIR history. Obviously the promoter would be fuckin' pleased if they sign Guns N' Roses to the bill for next year.

great for GNR, as they have one official gig for the next year! and since it's so late within the year, then, most likely they'll keep busy touring. :thumbsup:

I guess I should have quoted this post about them being there. And yes I did get it. Notice all the question marks? I was being sarcastic.

Also did anyone check out the 5:53 point in the video??? If I was the promoter I would get it off there you know how Axl can be (It was from footage of RIR 2010), you never know if something will piss him off or not and that changes from day to day.

I think it would be great if they played. GNR + RIR perfect combination.

Edited by bigcountry

You obviously did not read my post lol.

nobody cares what you consider anything to be. your opinion means nothing and adds nothing of value to this discussion. your delusions and false view of reality don't need to be brought into this.

Just trying to explain myself.

• 2 months later...

Today (November 9th) METALLICA was confirmed as the headliner of the Metal Day, Angra and Sepultura were also announced to this day. Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society are rumored to play on that date too.

METALLICA was one of the most voted on the official search of which bands people wanted to headline the festival, Guns N' Roses was also one of the most voted. The other headliners will be announced soon

Edited by ManetsBR

40624_143914258973525_142258389139112_272783_2728221_n.jpg

94B1B15887DEA1DDDE8EEDC858E86.jpg

Yesterday, afte weeks of especulation, Rock in Rio IV was officialy confirmed. On the launch pary, that happened in Rio, the festival producer Roberto Medina gave some info aout the festival. The launch party of the festival had many brazilian rockstarts and other celebrities, and was full of journalists to record the moment.

The festival will happen in the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 30th of September and 1st and 2nd of October and will have 108 artists in the new City of Rock Olympic Park, close to the original one. The original City of Rock, where the Rock in Rio I (1985) and Rock in Rio III (2001) happened, is destroyed.

Medina said he will have help of journalists and music producers and label to choose the artists. He said that the festival will have theme nights, for each musical style (pop, metal, rock and teen) and maybe a night for techno music. He said that he wants Guns N' Roses, Radiohead and Iron Maiden to headline the festival: "There are a bunch of artists that I like. I would like to see Shakira on the pop day. She makes a amazing show, she played on the Rock in Rio Europe Editions. On rock, Raidohead and Iron Maiden, that is very strong in Brazil, but not so much in Europe, where Metalica dominates. And of course, Guns N' Roses, a Rock in Rio tradition".

The tickets will cost R$170,00 (something near 80 dollars) for each days and students can pay half of the price.

The original City of Rock:

Rock+in+Rio+Music+Festival+cidade+do+rock.jpg

Map of the New City of Rock Olympic Park (in pdf):

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/arquivos/mapa_Rock_in_Rio.pdf

Fans will soon be able to vote on which bands they want to play in the festival on this official site: Rock In Rio Dot Com

Follow Rock in Rio on Twitter: @rockinrio

They're also on Facebook!

I'll update this post as things develop.

Today (November 9th) METALLICA was confirmed as the headliner of the Metal Day, Angra and Sepultura were also announced to this day. Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society are rumored to play on that date too.

METALLICA was one of the most voted on the official poll of which bands people wanted to headline the festival, Guns N' Roses was also one of the most voted. The other headliners will be announced soon.

Lucky bastards. You get the greatest artists at once. But what must be confessed is you created your own luck actually. You give rock n' roll the value that it deserves. I am not jealous for not being there. :P

Edited by axlthebravestsoul

Could you imagine if Duff dropped by to play with them in Rio. Just Saying.

That would be cool but most people except hard-core fans wouldn't notice or give a shit about it...

If it was Slash on the other hand... For the common people Gn'R is Axl & Slash - no one else really matters. :shrugs:

Guest King Of Spades

As long as touring doesn't interfere with the date they are given to play RIR then I imagine they will be there. Axl has always loved to do Rock In Rio and seemed dearly upset about 2004's mishap with Buckethead leaving.

So all in all. They should be there if schedules permit it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a guy from Rio yesterday, according to him Guns and Pearl Jam are already confirmed, but they are still deciding what day, so it won't happen to have many stars in one single day; that's the reason for no annoucements yet. Maaaan, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Metallica, Angra, Sepultura, Snow Patrol, Pearl Jam and Gn'R. This is going to be the shit. Can't wait anymore. :shades:

Edited by marlon_brando15

OMG Pearl Jam too?

Metallica and Red Hot are already awesome, but Pearl Jam AND Guns N' Roses?

Gonna get 2 Rock in Rio cards. I wanted to see Metallica, but I'll probably attend to two rock days.

Let's wait, I don't know how much I can trust this guy, but it seems plausible. I think Gn'R is going to play in the eclectic day (without Carlinhos Brown, of course, hahaha). I think we'll got to see Iron Maiden, Medina said back then that he wanted Gn'R and Iron.

Edited by marlon_brando15