Tour? Axl is his own boss.

Route66

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say the rest of the tour isnt going to happen. This is Guns after all and no one can tell Axl to do something he doesnt want to do. Hearing from management etc is all fair and good but Axl is his own boss and have the management actually been able to contact him? If his twitter account was hacked would he not of jumped quickly to clear up any rumours? After all it will cost GNR money if people start returning tickets. I dont want to stir shit. I'm an old school GNR fan and i've become used to the ways of the GNR world and this to me is nothing out of the ordinary for being a GNR fan. Thoughts?

For the record. I wont be ditching on my fav band just because of some bad publicity. GNR are the best for me and always will be.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say the rest of the tour isnt going to happen. This is Guns after all and no one can tell Axl to do something he doesnt want to do. Hearing from management etc is all fair and good but Axl is his own boss and have the management actually been able to contact him? If his twitter account was hacked would he not of jumped quickly to clear up any rumours? After all it will cost GNR money if people start returning tickets. I dont want to stir shit. I'm an old school GNR fan and i've become used to the ways of the GNR world and this to me is nothing out of the ordinary for being a GNR fan. Thoughts?

For the record. I wont be ditching on my fav band just because of some bad publicity. GNR are the best for me and always will be.

More or less this... Axl definitely calls the shots, and to me there are no signs pointing to anyone but Axl as having posted that tweet. There's a chance they can talk him down, but it's just as likely that they've not even been able to get ahold of him, just like when CD was released. Only thing that doesn't add up is the tweet from DJ about shopping for guns with Axl. Was that true, or just some odd attempt at damage control?

Ive got tickets for Manchester so lets hope all is well and good. As a lifelong Guns fan I wont be shocked in the slightest if its all gone tits up though.

With the lack of info from the facebook group and each members twitter feeds I'd say u'd have to be an idiot to think all is rosey. Im just glad i didnt buy a day ticket for leeds coz at least ive got til October for them to sort it out

More or less this... Axl definitely calls the shots, and to me there are no signs pointing to anyone but Axl as having posted that tweet. There's a chance they can talk him down, but it's just as likely that they've not even been able to get ahold of him, just like when CD was released. Only thing that doesn't add up is the tweet from DJ about shopping for guns with Axl. Was that true, or just some odd attempt at damage control?

All the stuff i've read from management screams of "lets put a lid on it for now". I have to wonder if he ever even agreed to do the europe shows or whatever?? DJ and Axl seem to get along well also which is a bonus. Maybe Axl has ditched his phone to avoid contact with management and posted the tour cancellation via a pc? That would explain why he didnt post from his iPhone. I hope everything is good in GNR world but i'm worried it might not be. Dexter hasnt been shy in telling us in the past also. Plus if i was fuckin pissed off with someone trying to call me i'd ditch my phone also

Edited by Route66

comon, lets put this to rest!!! the management has already said that the tour is still going!

you are infact stiring shit. stop spreading rumors

You're being naive. For the life of me, I don't understand how some people can be looking at this and thinking "Okay, it's totally clear! Everything's good, no worries!"

comon, lets put this to rest!!! the management has already said that the tour is still going!

You're being naive. For the life of me, I don't understand how some people can be looking at this and thinking "Okay, it's totally clear! Everything's good, no worries!"

x2

x2

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166899

dumbasses

x2

dumbasses

Why call one dude and tell him that, and tell everyone else to stay tuned to twitter and facebook, but not provide that little nugget of info there then, genius???

x2

dumbasses

Why call one dude and tell him that, and tell everyone else to stay tuned to twitter and facebook, but not provide that little nugget of info there then, genius???

i don't know, thats none of my business who they call and what they say. they've also told the management at the leeds and reading festival that the twitter was hacked and they are not canceling any tour dates

x2

dumbasses

Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of - Ron

“Festival Republic are informed by GN’R management that have not cancelled their performances at Reading and Leeds," the event's promoters explained in a statement. "Axl Rose’s twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded.”

We received an answer.

x2

dumbasses

Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of - Ron

Ron was talking about the people in charge of the venue you idiot, post the whole thing instead of selectively bringing out the sentence that makes it sound like he was talking about Axl/the band.

“Festival Republic are informed by GN’R management that have not cancelled their performances at Reading and Leeds," the event's promoters explained in a statement. "Axl Rose’s twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded.”

Who are GNR "management"? Azoff and many others have come and gone after disagreements with Axl. Now Doc Mcghee is there yeh? There's always Beta, Fernando and Vanessa etc. LIke i said. No one makes Axl do anything he doesnt want to do. Axl is his own boss and i'm not basing this on anything other than events since GNR formed. If there's anything dodgy going on. I woudnt be surprised if Axl vanished for another 2 years. It's all pure speculation but i for one would do the same thing if someone tried to force me to do something i didnt want to.

I guess we'll find out soon once the next show comes along. I really hope they all go ahead as planned but i still get the feeling things are not all great at the moment with GNR.

If i'm a pessimistic fucker then fair enough. I'm a GNR fan and i still will be even if the tour is cancelled. Thats what makes me a GNR fan.

A video for "Better" was mentioned. Any ideas for a date of release, and/or in what capacities it will be released? What style of video is planned - live footage, some more dramatic theme? Great song. Can't wait to see what you guys have created for a visual.

Soon is the word as in a week or so.

We received an answer.

Yes we did. Was it good for you?