I want Axl MY WAY !!

gnfnr2006

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Sorry but that is a bullshit defence to let him off the hook. When you buy a GNR record, the band profits and essentially the fans decide a bands commercial existence which they have all gained enormous wealth from, at least the original line-up has anyway. The least they owe us is a bit of respect and the right to voice our displeasure as and when we see fit.

No band can exist for long with an attitude of - "Buy our records and go fuck yourself."

Sorry but i expect a little bit of consideration.If we are gone to have to just accept it then perhaps Axl should show more control over times placed on tickets before people hand out cash to stand in the fucking cold while the band members get pissed off.Ron clearly has a set idea of what standards he should work to and what fans should expect.

The whole " he never asked you to be a fan " is a complete cop out used by people who opt to make excuses for the man.Just because you are happy to be bent over doesn't mean other people are or should be ManetsBR, you can like the music and expect a degree of respect but hey i guess mine and some other peoples standards are way higher than yours......................loob up and smile for Uncle Axl

So that's your answer then ?

Don't be a fan if you can't take a little cancellation or being left in the dark while losing money ?

Nice. You have high standards I see.

Little cancelation? The tour is not cancelled!

Says GnR management.

Gnr management has been saying a lot for the last ten years.

At least half of it never happenned.

As long as Axl does not show up at the next concert, the tour is 50% cancelled.

Sorry but i expect a little bit of consideration.If we are gone to have to just accept it then perhaps Axl should show more control over times placed on tickets before people hand out cash to stand in the fucking cold while the band members get pissed off.Ron clearly has a set idea of what standards he should work to and what fans should expect.

The whole " he never asked you to be a fan " is a complete cop out used by people who opt to make excuses for the man.Just because you are happy to be bent over doesn't mean other people are or should be ManetsBR, you can like the music and expect a degree of respect but hey i guess mine and some other peoples standards are way higher than yours......................loob up and smile for Uncle Axl

Hey, I NEVER said that Axl and the GNR management act correctly, actually far, far from that.

Don't be a fan if you can't take a little cancellation or being left in the dark while losing money ?

Says GnR management.

Just out of curiosity where exactly is the Better video or the proshoots of concerts? :rofl-lol:

Guest RonMexico82

Why didn't the hacker post any other tweets? If he/she was smart enough to get in there, why just that one tweet?

Because more than likely it was never hacked and Axl sent the tweet via his new blackberry.

Why didn't the hacker post any other tweets? If he/she was smart enough to get in there, why just that one tweet?

Because more than likely it was never hacked and Axl sent the tweet via his new blackberry.

In some pictures of Axl hanging out on NYC after Canada Tour, you can see Axl holding a Blackberry.

Says GnR management.

Just out of curiosity where exactly is the Better video or the proshoots of concerts? :rofl-lol:

I'll quote myself:

Hey, I NEVER said that Axl and the GNR management act correctly, actually far, far from that.

^5

Exactly.

Search terms "twitter hacked august 2010" produces ONLY stories about Axl's twitter. No "many, many celebrities" were hacked, it seems.

gnfnr2006 is absolutely right. Axl Rose never asked any of you to be a Guns N' Roses fan. Never.

Are you kidding? We are fans because we like the music, give him money, see his shows, and buy his albums. I dont care if he never asked, where would he be without fans? We want clear answers, that's all. And it's sad when even your lead guitarist barely knows what is going on, it's dumb, it's nonconstructive, and is bad publicity.

I know that. But is your choose to be a fan. Axl never came to any of you and said "WAIT FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY, DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES TO COME OUT!". Everybody just waited because it was their choice. You can leave been a fan anytime you want. We don't need any negative comments, if you don't like the band, fuck off (Im not refering to you Cdlove, I like you budd). Of course, sometimes, due to GNR lack of action and info, the boards would be lame without all the Slash ass-kissers shit, but Axl Rose never asked you to be a Guns N' Roses fan. Never.

Ahh, I like you too!

But in reality, when it comes down to it, it not as easy to say "Im done, I dont want to deal with this shit anymore", not all of us are as resiliant as Bacardi. I for example would kill for a full blown US tour, it's not happening because of stuff going on inside the band. That isnt the bad part through, I can live with that. Hell I can live through the lack of communication, GnR had much worse back in the Bucket days. But when it could a have a possibility of costing fan money (as Glow said), it's tough ya know. Axl is a hero, a legend, and an icon, but come on man, we need a little something once in a while.

The whole "never asked you to be a fan" is cop-out bullshit! Anyone here ever had anyone at all contact them to ask you to be their fan? No, that's not how it works! If they didn't like having fans, they'd keep their music to themselves rather than release albums and tour! Just because no one's holding a gun to someone's head to get people to buy tickets, doesn't mean that paying customers don't deserve just a little bit of respect and dignity. There's nothing rock n' roll or rebellious about this, it's just pure conceit. The man has no problem reaping the rewards of his success, the least he could do is deliver what was promised.

We've all been over this lack of consideration issue a thousand times, so it is old news and nothing new.

What I do find sad though is the fact that he is behaving the exact same way at 48 he did at 20 years old, which as I'm getting older as well I realize is really sad. You're supposed to grow and mature as you get older, and he just kind of stopped any of that long ago. Living in the rockstar bubble with nothing to ground you will do that though. It's a shame he never got married and had kids, because I can guarantee if he had a better half and some rug rats running around he would be a much more considerate guy as far as starting shows at midnight, potentially canceling tours on a whim and things of that nature.

When money is involved, it changes the game a little.

I currently have Dublin, Reading, Leeds & Manchester tickets, plus arrangements for all of those gigs.

I accept the limitations of this band, theyve been present since its formation, but this isnt album release dates or promotion promises (Better video anyone?), the outcome of this affects a LOT of people.

This current situation is fucking dire.

Edited by Azazel

When money is involved, it changed the game a little.

I currently have Dublin, Reading, Leeds & Manchester tickets, plus arrangements for all of those gigs.

I accept the limitations of this band, theyve been present since its formation, but this isnt album anticipation or promotion promises, the outcome of this affects a LOT of people.

This current situation... It's fucking dire.

Don't worry im sure if it the dates are cancelled the band will reimburse you for all the expenses beyond the ticket :rolleyes:

That's the part people opt to forget, its not just the ticket but all the other expenses

The whole "never asked you to be a fan" is cop-out bullshit! Anyone here ever had anyone at all contact them to ask you to be their fan? No, that's not how it works! If they didn't like having fans, they'd keep their music to themselves rather than release albums and tour! Just because no one's holding a gun to someone's head to get people to buy tickets, doesn't mean that paying customers don't deserve just a little bit of respect and dignity. There's nothing rock n' roll or rebellious about this, it's just pure conceit. The man has no problem reaping the rewards of his success, the least he could do is deliver what was promised.

^

This.

When money is involved, it changed the game a little.

I accept the limitations of this band, theyve been present since its formation, but this isnt album anticipation or promotion promises, the outcome of this affects a LOT of people.

This current situation... It's fucking dire.

Don't worry im sure if it the dates are cancelled the band will reimburse you for all the expenses beyond the ticket :rolleyes:

That's the part people opt to forget, its not just the ticket but all the other expenses

Exactly

Cancel the show, all fine and dandy, hell you've done it earlier this year in Latin America. But when people buy 4, 5, 6 tickets, a plane, a train, and a hotel room. Most of which you either dont get the money back or a fraction, the game changes.

Don't you just love how certain other GN'R fan forums don't even permit a discussion on this god-awful situation ?

Certain other forums are too tightly woven into the fabric of GnR, that's their choice and good luck to them.I prefer it here anyway.

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

The issue is really quite simple, as far as I can see it.

Axl was absolutely correct in saying (during that 2008 webchat) that "Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions."

Fair enough.

He is the artist, we are the audience. It's a very old and very simple relationship; he doesn't owe us anything. He is absolutely free to do whatever he sees fit.

The issue is simply one of good manners.

If someone hacks into your facebook/Twitter/whatever and posts something unusual, it's simply a matter of common courtesy to clarify. Even if you had nothing to do with it.

As far as I can see, the only information that has been made available is a post by a moderator here, and a few comments by Ron on facebook.

Not good enough.

With all due respect, as someone who has bought several tickets for the Dublin show, I don't know who this moderator is or whether I can trust his word. (I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I don't know.) A few mutterings from Ron, who also seems to be a nice guy, isn't enough either. The information I have received is simply not enough. I have a hotel booked and two young teenagers to bring to the gig.

The issue is simple, and the solution is also very simple. You publish one of the following two sentences on the official website:

The tour is cancelled.

The tour is not cancelled.

That's all.

I've no idea who's job it is to post that, Axl's or his management team. Don't care either. But it should be there.

We are owed nothing but common courtesy.

Don't you just love how certain other GN'R fan forums don't even permit a discussion on this god-awful situation ?

They have had the gestapo out in full force over there deleting things right and left.

The problem though is the Axl (since he is management) hasn't seemed to grasp that while you can put an information lock down on certain internet sites and create your own little fantasy world or false reality, it doesn't translate to the outside world.

They have had the gestapo out in full force over there deleting things right and left.

The problem though is the Axl (since he is management) hasn't seemed to grasp that while you can put an information lock down on certain internet sites and create your own little fantasy world or false reality, it doesn't translate to the outside world.

Exactly.

Kinda ironic that we're seeing the kind of filtering over on those boards as those imposed by China and attacked in the title-track.

I just cant keep my silence any longer..

All these people on here who say Axl needs to do this, Axl needs to do that.. He needs to start the shows at this time, he needs honor the start time of his contract(which the people commenting havent seen).

Who are YOU that you should be telling Axl what he should do?

Why are you a Guns N Roses fan? I know why I am - because in the late 80's and early 90's Axl and the guys didnt bend for anyone! If you didn't like they way they were doing things, thats just too damned bad! Get on the bus or get off. Its that never back down, do what I WANT TO DO mentality that got most people into the band. You either liked them for who they were, or you didnt! But nobody was going to change because its what the "fans" want.

But now...

Everyone here wants Axl to be what and who they want him to be. How about just accepting that Axl is the same person he has been for a looong time. And if you dont like it, thats too bad! Quit trying to change the man and tell him how to act, and just accept him how he is.

If you dont like it, you dont have to follow him.

I like my Axl just the way he is, imperfections and all. If he changed to what I thought he should be, then he wouldnt be Axl Rose anymore !! And if he changed to who YOU wanted him to be, then he wouldn't be Axl Rose.

If you had "friends" that every time you went around them, they tried to change you into who they wanted you to be, do you think you would continue to go around them? I know that coming here and reading all these opinions that everyone knows whats best for Axl, it makes me sick and I rarely ever come here any more, and its not even me that everyone is talking about. If it was ME you were talking about, I'd get a registry of this place and make sure than nobody from here was allowed inside the show.

If you dont like the late start times, don't buy tickets.

Maybe Axl doesnt care if only 5000 people show up?

The man is trying to express who HE is, and if you dont like it, then dont go to the show.

He ALWAYS starts the shows LATE. ALWAYS. ITS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO RESEARCH ANY PRODUCT HE/SHE BUYS BEFORE HE/SHE BUYS IT.

DID YOU EVER CONSIDER THAT MAYBE AXL TELLS THE PROMOTORS HE WONT BE ON UNTIL AFTER MIDNIGHT, AND THEY PUT WHATEVER TIME THEY WANT ON THE TICKET ANYWAY??

Everyone who talks bullshit about him don't even TRY in 1 second of their lives to see more than meets the eye, to understand his way of being, to understand himself the way he is. Just because he is different there are some short minded who don't have the brain to understand him.Sorry for them, anyway.

Great post. I totally second what you say.

Edited by TarjaR

The people that spend hard earned money on a ticket that has a specific start time on it can demand him to get on stage on time. He should be on stage by or around that time, not fucking hours late. It's usually a good rule of thumb to live up to what the people expect, or else you don't get their money anymore.