I want Axl MY WAY !!

gnfnr2006

They haven't been the world's most dangerous band for a long time now. They're just the world's most unreliable band. Exciting, huh? :shrugs:

This is so true. All those people saying GNR are "the world's most dangerous band" are living in the past.

¨the most dangerous band¨, it's just for publicity, haha. Don't take it seriously.

Didn't that come from the fact that people have died at their concerts and not from anything that they themselves did?

I thought it was because of the riots that were caused at their shows. I don’t know the original origin of this phrase. Someone knows?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has said many times in interviews why he is late. He has said that emotionally he has to get ready for the show because it takes a lot out of him. Makes sense to me.

Before you say what about other artists that go on on time, Id simply say that not all artists do go on on time.

People asked the question, he's addressed it, not the answer they want so the bitching continues........... And people call Axl crazy

Then the solution is simple - start preparing himself earlier on then he's ready on time?

They haven't been the world's most dangerous band for a long time now. They're just the world's most unreliable band. Exciting, huh? :shrugs:

This is so true. All those people saying GNR are "the world's most dangerous band" are living in the past.

¨the most dangerous band¨, it's just for publicity, haha. Don't take it seriously.

Didn't that come from the fact that people have died at their concerts and not from anything that they themselves did?

I thought it was because of the riots that were caused at their shows. I don’t know the original origin of this phrase. Someone knows?

It came from a British journalist called Malcolm Dome, forget who he was writing for at the time - but it was him who coined the term.

Edited by axl8302

I can see why people get annoyed at Axl coming on late and I'm surprised not everybody can also see why.

I've never seen a band who have gone on that late, longest I've had to wait was for a Roger Waters show and he and his band were about half an hour (if that) late on stage. Also, more often than not there is a valid explanation and more often than not the artist doesn't make a habit of coming on late.

I'd say pretty much all other big rock bands finish their shows around 11pm.

At the end of the day its about professionalism, it's simply not professional to come on stage two hours late with no explanation other than "I wanted to."

I don't mind the late starts and paying for a cheap hotel and going back the next day as GN'R are my favourite band and to see them live that's what you've gotta do pretty much. Also, seeing them for me means travelling so I'd need a hotel anyway.

However, say you live an hour or two away from the venue by train and for all other shows you go to you can get back after it's finished, you'd be pretty annoyed if you were stuck at whatever venue you're at because of one guy wanting to come on stage late. Also, don't forget people have work/school/college/whatever the next day and not everybody that goes to GN'R shows is a diehard GN'R fan who knows what time they usually take the stage.

I kind of think it's cool that shows go on insanely late but at the end of the day they are pretty much the only band that does it and you have to see why people get pissed off.

Like Ron said- fashionably late is one thing (like how GNR normally is) but when it gets to the point where the crowd is throwing bottles it's something else.

Agreed, one way around that would just to put on the ticket "this show may finish after 12am" or write down what time the band will come on stage. I think that its not necessarily how long the show goes on that bothers people but the waiting around for hours. This causes people to get restless, throw stuff, annoy the band and cause everyone to have a crap time.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

The guy has said many times in interviews why he is late. He has said that emotionally he has to get ready for the show because it takes a lot out of him. Makes sense to me.

I get what he means, but he probably didn't have that luxury as much when the band first started out, and most fans consider those early years to be the band's best. Stuff like that is what causes the less kind fans to throw around stupid words like "diva."

You could also say that if he knows it takes him a lot of time to prep up emotionally/etc. for a show, which he obviously does, he should start the process a bit earlier. Flying in a few minutes before the start time of the gig (which he's been known to do) is obviously not going to help much.

I'm not trying to bash, but that's always been my honest feelings about it. I think all people have to prepare themselves before they go out in front of lots of people, whether it's a rock star or someone going to deliver a speech in front of an auditorium. It's not like there's anything particularly unusual about it.

Guest Apollo

Alright, how would you like to work 3 more hours tomorrow so Justin Bieber can do an uber cool concert in your town ? He might show up late, but that's ok.

If I had to work 3 more hours, Id consider the families in this world that are homeless, starving and watching their children die of starvation and from diseases that a simple immunization would fix. Then I would consider all the people in the US and other countries that are unemployed, and going hungry and I would THANK GOD that I have a job.

Then I would wonder Im posting thousands of posts per year on a bands message boards that I complain about, instead of seeing what I can do to help the people around me.

:thumbsup:

Great, great, great post!!!!!!!!!! There are some people on this forum who LIVE to bash Axl. Its hilarious. No matter what he does, they will whine and cry about it. Why they make daily posts is beyond me. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Guest Apollo

Let's stop with the worlds most dangerous band bullshit. Did that phrase come out of Axl's mouth anytime in the last decade???? No, so stop insulting the band by making fun of it.

What is the cancellation rate of GnR over the past few years? You people make it sound like 50% of all the tour shows have been cancelled.

Seriously why would you get on a GnR forum to bash Axl everyday of your life, seems pretty sad to me. If you don't like him then why are you on a freaking Guns forum?

First off they have said it was not Axl's fault for the late start, second everyone knows he likes to play later. He has said himself he doesn't feel like himself until after midnight. He came out played a great show in front of idiots that were throwing stuff on the stage. I'm surprised he even came out after that.

I would have waited twice as long. And frankly I get why he is the way he is toward people, look at all the people that take shots at him daily for nothing. At least he's real, he does it his way and is far from fake. That is pretty freaking hard to find in any celebrity or rock icon.

Edited by axl_is_hot

Alright, how would you like to work 3 more hours tomorrow so Justin Bieber can do an uber cool concert in your town ? He might show up late, but that's ok.

If I had to work 3 more hours, Id consider the families in this world that are homeless, starving and watching their children die of starvation and from diseases that a simple immunization would fix. Then I would consider all the people in the US and other countries that are unemployed, and going hungry and I would THANK GOD that I have a job.

Then I would wonder Im posting thousands of posts per year on a bands message boards that I complain about, instead of seeing what I can do to help the people around me.

Great, great, great post!!!!!!!!!! There are some people on this forum who LIVE to bash Axl. Its hilarious. No matter what he does, they will whine and cry about it. Why they make daily posts is beyond me. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Maybe Axl should consider those people and thank his lucky stars he still has people believing him and keeping him in his fancy clothing and luxurious home.

First off they have said it was not Axl's fault for the late start, second everyone knows he likes to play later. He has said himself he doesn't feel like himself until after midnight. He came out played a great show in front of idiots that were throwing stuff on the stage. I'm surprised he even came out after that.

I would have waited twice as long. And frankly I get why he is the way he is toward people.

I get what he says about doing stuff really late at night, hell I prefer to do stuff late. In fact in an interview Billy Corgan says some days he'd just love to say to people at shows "come back in a couple of hours" but the point is he still comes out and gives a good performance. The thing then is to say the show starts a lot later so people aren't waiting around for two hours. The people booing and throwing stuff probably aren't the ones moaning about Slash having left they're annoyed because they're waiting and will probably miss the show if they need to get back home the same night. And whatever anybody says it is just unprofessional to keep people waiting for ages without an explanation.

At the end of the day everybody isn't a diehard GN'R fan who will happily wait for ages to see their favourite band. To a lot of people it's just a fun night out seeing a band and not a huge deal. Hell, I've overheard people at shows who don't even know who band members of famous bands are.

The thing then is to say the show starts a lot later so people aren't waiting around for two hours.

Do you realize how much attendance would drop if they actually advertised up front that the show doesn't start until 11:30 or 12? That's why they don't do it. Once you buy a ticket and he has your money, he could give 2 shits if you're pissed or not about the late start. They key is to do what you have to to get people in the door, and after that it's their problem.

:rofl-lol:

I would have waited twice as long. And frankly I get why he is the way he is toward people.

I get what he says about doing stuff really late at night, hell I prefer to do stuff late. In fact in an interview Billy Corgan says some days he'd just love to say to people at shows "come back in a couple of hours" but the point is he still comes out and gives a good performance. The thing then is to say the show starts a lot later so people aren't waiting around for two hours. The people booing and throwing stuff probably aren't the ones moaning about Slash having left they're annoyed because they're waiting and will probably miss the show if they need to get back home the same night. And whatever anybody says it is just unprofessional to keep people waiting for ages without an explanation.

At the end of the day everybody isn't a diehard GN'R fan who will happily wait for ages to see their favourite band. To a lot of people it's just a fun night out seeing a band and not a huge deal. Hell, I've overheard people at shows who don't even know who band members of famous bands are.

Yeah, I get what you mean. However, we can't assume why no one was told what the hold up was, there could have been a lot going on we don't know about. There were issues with the sound system, so why didn't someone from the management there say something. You can't expect Axl to come out on stage and say hey I'll be back in an hour we have to get this stuff fixed, the crowd would go crazy. And maybe they didn't know it would take that long. Yeah this isn't the first time he's made the crowd wait, but imo its because he wants to go on at a different time and the venues won't allow it because they feel its too late. If he knows he won't put on a good show because he's not feeling it yet, wouldn't you rather wait a little bit and have a great show rather than a punctual sell out Axl coming out and sleeping through the whole thing?

As for those that aren't fans, they should at least know who they are going to see before they buy a ticket, if not thats pretty foolish. I sure wouldn't waste my money on a band I've never heard of and risk not enjoying the music or atmosphere. Heck maybe that's Axl's plan all along, get the people who are there to sit and stare at him silently to go home so he can play for the real fans :rofl-lol: I'm kidding of course.

But hey I do get your point, there's always another side to a story though. Have a good one.

Or, maybe he could show up at a reasonable hour so he/the band don't incur late fees. He could then donate what he would have paid in late fees "getting himself in the right frame of mind" to those less fortunate.

Edited by twenty-nine

I agree with most of what you say, gnfnr. Slash, Axl and Steven in early interviews bragged about doing whatever they wanted. Slash and Steven even said it in their autobios. Well, that's what they ended up hating about Axl, he continued to do just that.

:rofl-lol:

Or, maybe he could show up at a reasonable hour so he/the band don't incur late fees. He could then donate what he would have paid in late fees "getting himself in the right frame of mind" to those less fortunate.

Ahhhh, another expert on how Axl should act and perform. I bet you know better than he does as to when he puts on the best performance. And I bet with you as a personal trainer, you could ever change the mans biological clock and reset it and MAKE him do a better job earlier in the day. I know, I know, sleep labs and many other scientists havent truly been able to "change" people, but I bet YOU know BETTER.