Q&A with Brain - August 18, 2010

SoulMonster

Greetings.

I had a little chat with Brain: http://elsewhere/393ts3r

Q: First off, thanks for taking the time to talk with Appetite for Discussion. It is highly appreciated.

A: Your welcome

Q: You have quite an impressive resume already, which contemporary artists/bands would you like to play with in the future?

A: PRINCE

Q: If you were to travel back in time and play with any historical bands/artists, who would that be?

A: OL' Dirty Bastard

Q: Are there any well-known songs where you would really love to add your own drum parts because you feel it would improve the songs a lot?

A: Yeah 'Gin and Juice' By Snoop Dogg

Q: What contemporary drummer raises the bar for the rest of you?

A: Dennis Chambers! He's a bad mother fucker!!!!!!!!!!!

Q: As a professional session musician, what makes you stand out among your colleagues?

A: I can read music like it's no bodies business!!!!!!

Q: Could you tell us how you got in contact with Cookie Marenco and how The Valence Project came to be?

A: Cookies been a long time friend... She's one of the best producers/engineers I've ever had the pleasure to work with!!! She came to me with an idea her and this guitar player gregory james had. They wanted to make an experimental beat heavy album!!! Being a drummer how could I refuse... The rest is history Smile .

Q: If there were certain aspects of your drumming you'd like to improve, what would that be?

A: Double bass drumming

Q: If you could give one helpful suggestion to our aspiring drummers, what would that be?

A:Learn everything you can... Then forget it all!!!!!!!!!!

Q: Last year you collaborated with Travis Dickerson for his début record Iconography, what are your next projects?

A: Look out for 'Best Regards' It's the new record I made with Buckethead!

Q: Great news! Do you know when the record is coming out?

A: its out... u can get it on travis dickerson website

Q: What music are you currently listening to?

A: BACH

Q: What do you prefer in a drummer or musician in general, technical prowess or feel?

A: Don't think FEEL

Q: Have becoming a father been restrictive for touring?

A: Naw not really... I just don't dig touring that much!

Q: Many were disappointed when you didn't tour with GN'R this time, but people are generally pleased with how Frank's been doing. Is it hard to let other people fill your shoes or is GN'R such a collective effort now that this is not a problem?

A: no it's not hard... it is a collective now!

Q: What hobbies do you have outside of music?

A: Buying Shoes. Check out Golden Goose!

Q: If you were to pick a single concert from history, which would you have paid most to attend?

A: Pink floyd The Wall

Q: Which concert did you attend last as part of the audience?

A: DEVO

Q: "Wars do not determine who is right or wrong, only who is left", do you agree with this quote from Bertrand Russell?

A: I agree... It's all EGO

Q: Is Wittgenstein really your favourite philosopher?

A: Who... Ha ha ha

Q: What's your status with Guns N' Roses now?

A: Gettin paid and gettin laid!!!!!

Q: Do you know if you will be featured on upcoming GN'R releases?

A: I know I'll be on some songs!

Q: That's good to hear. I think I speak for the huge majority of GN'R fans when I add that I hope Bucket's parts will be kept as well. What songs will you be on?

A: CAN'T GIVE THAT UP!!!

Q: Can you tell us any amusing anecdotes from your time with GN'R?

A: At one point I ate a whole bowl of spaghetti while playing November Rain

Q: What's your favorite released and unreleased GN'R song?

A: TWAT and SEVEN

Q: TWAT is my favorite GN'R song hands down -- and I've been a huge fan since 1988 -- so now I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?

A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!!

Q: How would you characterize the unreleased GN'R material? Is it similar to Chinese Democracy or does it differ in any way?

A: It'll part your hair!!!!!!

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about other upcoming Brain projects?

A: Yeah check out "Best Regards" its the newest freak out I've done with Buckethead!!!

Cheers.

Edited by SoulMonster

Q: TWAT is my favorite GN'R song hands down -- and I've been a huge fan since 1988 -- so now I am very excited about Seven. Can you tell us anything about this song? Is it a rocker?

A: ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!!

:rofl-lol: This lad is off his rocker!

seven has always been confirmed all since the first day's of the recording I think

it's a song that has came up since 1999-2000 so for it to stick out till now and perhaps the future is just EPIC!

could u imagine..

perhaps next year.. or beyond that

an album full of songs with some of them already being written in 1997-1998-1999

I would love to hear some of the songs that were to be put on chidem back in 1999-2000

just to see how it all evolved into what it is today.

perhaps next year.. or beyond that

an album full of songs with some of them already being written in 1997-1998-1999

I would love to hear some of the songs that were to be put on chidem back in 1999-2000

just to see how it all evolved into what it is today.

You mean like CD, TWAT, Maddy, SOD, Catcher, Riad, e.t.c.? :tongue2:

is he done with his maternity leave yet?

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: classic

As much as I love hearing about these unreleased tracks, it kills me everytime, it just keeps building my need for more new GNR material. And who knows if we will ever hear those songs, or even new songs anytime soon. :shrugs:

I still wish brain would come back, he is sick rock3

Well if the new songs are half as good as the ones on CD then they'll still be mindblowing. Seeing that the songs were written around the same time then I'll guess they'll be as good as they'll have the same vibe. Also hoping that Bucket is on the record.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Could have done without the bolded bit but I'm a big fan of Axl's ballads!

Could have done without the bolded bit but I'm a big fan of Axl's ballads!

He really needs a better way of describing the bridge...

But given I love TWAT (no pun intended) I have high hopes for Seven...