A hypothesis on the "hacked account"

D..

I've been like you all wondering about this hacked account, especially when GNR official twitter told us "Please RT + keep with us here for official word. TY " and nothing happened.

I just have one explanation for this: Axl got pissed off with this story and decided he'd not speak about it to dissuade anyone from doing it again, it's pretty clear his attitude of no communication is a way to show it won't affect him and that it comforts him that there are a lot of retards on the internet that don't deserve him spending time updating us.

Of course it's just an hypothesis but I can't believe Axl would have written all dates were cancelled (or the only reasonable explanation would be the law suit vs this cunt Azoff) considering the shows got so tight (I saw them twice, I know what they're capable of,I saw Aerosmith the same month and GNR just blew them away on a technical and visual point of view), I can't believe one sec Axl would cancel these huge upcoming tours in Europe and Australia. No fucking way, it's been too hard for the man and this whole band to finally achieve this level of live performance to just throw it away bluntly on a one sentence twitter account.

Another thing: Ash-man DID update us that he was with Axl at the very moment this tweet was written (or a couple hours later,whatever), no way in hell the axlman would spend time buying guns with his dear new axeman after saying the shows were cancelled. Can you seriously imagine the fuck?

Axl "Yo DJ, how about buying some guns?"

Ash-man "Yeah cool!"

Axl "By the way I cancelled all the shows, you are temporarely out of a job"

Ash-man "Well how am I gonna buy my new hat?"

Axl "We're gonna go do some shopping for ya, it's my treat."

Ash "Wow Axl thanks! I'm proud to consider you my friend!" (to himself) "I'm going to write a nice thing about Slash, that should do the job"

No fucking way!

So you think it's 100% impossible that Axl cancelled the whole thing for a random reason and then cooled down and changed his mind ?

I mean...He did such things in the past didn't he ? :shrugs:

Yeah, these things have happened, but why does everyone ignore the fact twhat he was out with Ashba at the time? you all just miss that, because you appear to want it to be him?

He couldnt have, when he was out with DJ. he probably just doesnt want anything to do with it, thats why the message isnt down, cos he cba to remove it?

...Axl wouldn't cancel the tour because he's hanging with DJ ?

I don't understand the logic...

I mean, we're talking about the same frontman that leaves the stage while the band is playing because he got his picture taken.

The one frontman who is nowhere to be seen in the city while the whole band is ready to rock and a full packed audience is waiting for him.

I know that he seems to like DJ quite a bit, but I don't believe any of his former bandmates ever counted when it came to not showing up / leaving stage in the middle of a set / cancelling stuff.

I've been like you all wondering about this hacked account, especially when GNR official twitter told us "Please RT + keep with us here for official word. TY " and nothing happened.

Official GN’R site was never good at giving updates…

http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

:rolleyes:

I wonder what will come first, the next album or the online shop? :lol:

I wonder what will come first, the next album or the online shop? :lol:

The online shop will be selling the new album.

Holy Shit! GNR have a new guitarist! DJ Ashba!

Edited by Howard2k

I mean, we're talking about the same frontman that leaves the stage while the band is playing because he got his picture taken.

The one frontman who is nowhere to be seen in the city while the whole band is ready to rock and a full packed audience is waiting for him.

I know that he seems to like DJ quite a bit, but I don't believe any of his former bandmates ever counted when it came to not showing up / leaving stage in the middle of a set / cancelling stuff.

If the theory is that Axl had a violent moodswing, the pendulum swing towards depression in his alleged bipolar disorder, it makes no sense that he would be hanging out with his lead guitar player while this was happening, in the midst of this moodswing. Anyway, it's not like this tweet was made with a twitter client for Android or iPhone (which Axl has used for all his tweets), so it could be done while out and about.

And, if the other part of the theory is that GN'R management is covering for Axl and trying to sweep this issue under the rug and cover it up, why would they completely ignore the very statement that started all this by not deleting it or having it removed? And, of course, their ability to cover up this tweet, if it was made by Axl, would be completely dependent on the fact that they could convince Axl after the fact to go on with the tour. If they couldn't convince Axl to do that, then the whole cover-up conspiracy falls apart completely. That is very far from a safe bet. After all, once Axl decided he didn't want to do a Euro Tour in '01, that was the end of that.

Ali

Edited by Ali

If the theory is that Axl had a violent moodswing, the pendulum swing towards depression in his alleged bipolar disorder, it makes no sense that he would be hanging out with his lead guitar player while this was happening, in the midst of this moodswing. Anyway, it's not like this tweet was made with a twitter client for Android or iPhone (which Axl has used for all his tweets), so it could be done while out and about.

And, if the other part of the theory is that GN'R management is covering for Axl and trying to sweep this issue under the rug and cover it up, why would they completely ignore the very statement that started all this by not deleting it or having it removed? And, of course, their ability to cover up this tweet, if it was made by Axl, would be completely dependent on the fact that they could convince Axl after the fact to go on with the tour. If they couldn't convince Axl to do that, then the whole cover-up conspiracy falls apart completely. That is very far from a safe bet. After all, once Axl decided he didn't want to do a Euro Tour in '01, that was the end of that.

Ali

Why hasn't Del deleted the tweet Ali?

3rd string NFL players, who aren't going to even make the team get tweets deleted; Britney Spears got her tweets corrected within hour. When local gov. arrest "common folk", they usually protect or disbale their twitter, facebook etc.

Yet a guy who can easily shoot hate mail (through his lawyers) to top level management of a major coporation (Dr. Pepper) needs to provide his driver's license?

That's exactly my point. What kind of a cover-up doesn't cover up the very thing that started all this? Wouldn't having the tweet deleted only help to support the fact that this was a result of Axl's account being cracked into (if that was a story they were trying to sell)? The point is that people are saying the fact that this wasn't deleted is proof that Axl made the tweet. I'm saying if that is the case and GN'R management was trying to cover it up and sell a story that this was the result of the account being compromised and someone else posting that using Axl's account, they would have the tweet deleted and say "see, the tweet was deleted because Axl didn't make it". The fact that they aren't doing that could mean that they aren't trying to cover anything up. Just an alternative perspective to consider.

Ali

That's exactly my point. What kind of a cover-up doesn't cover up the very thing that started all this? Wouldn't having the tweet deleted only help to support the fact that this was a result of Axl's account being cracked into (if that was a story they were trying to sell)? The point is that people are saying the fact that this wasn't deleted is proof that Axl made the tweet. I'm saying if that is the case and GN'R management was trying to cover it up and sell a story that this was the result of the account being compromised and someone else posting that using Axl's account, they would have the tweet deleted and say "see, the tweet was deleted because Axl didn't make it". The fact that they aren't doing that could mean that they aren't trying to cover anything up. Just an alternative perspective to consider.

Ali

Good point.

I actually understand where you are coming from; though...wouldn't you think - Axl would want to get it deleted for the casual fans that don't follow him everywhere on social networking sites?

For instance, I only follow certain folks on twitter and don't care about their forums or personal sites - and if say, I saw something like that - I might think about calling ticketmaster.

But good point nevertheless - I just think from a business standpoint, it is stupid for axl to let that tweet stay there.......freak!! even half of his supporters here, think it is real - which in turn could cost him and his promoters money.

oh well..

Edited by SunnyDRE

Ali

Good point.

I actually understand where you are coming from; though...wouldn't you think - Axl would want to get it deleted for the casual fans that don't follow him everywhere on social networking sites?

For instance, I only follow certain folks on twitter and don't care about their forums or personal sites - and if say, I saw something like that - I might think about calling ticketmaster.

But good point nevertheless - I just think from a business standpoint, it is stupid for axl to let that tweet stay there.......freak!! even half of his supporters here, think it is real - which in turn could cost him and his promoters money.

oh well..

I wonder, who set these shows up---Doc, or Irving Azoff?

I am sure there must be a reason to leave it as is--what that reason is, is beyond me???

Edited by Cockaroachsoup80

Guest gunns5

Ali

Good point.

oh well..

I dont want to add any fuel to the fire so to speak, by getting involved in this thread, but think of ALL the people who DIDNT buy concert/flight tickets or book hotels BECAUSE they read the cancellation tweet, and thought 'fuck, I have to tell my boss by tommorow if I want to take time off to go to X concert/s otherwise I cant go as he needs X amount of weeks notice' I just think it leaves a bad taste in peopes mouths that all of this could of been rectified in literally 5 seconds, the tweet didn't even have to be deleted just make a new one saying that it was some error/hacker and the tour is back on.

It just amazes me that its blown into something that could of been fixed in literally 1 second

The point is that people are saying the fact that this wasn't deleted is proof that Axl made the tweet.

I don't think anyone cares if it's deleted or not, that isn't proof of anything. People are saying that the fact that all people concerned (band members, management etc) are being so cryptic about it for no good reason is the proof.