Why is Nu Guns so stingey with new material?

Towelie

It took Axl 15 years to release an album, it can't have come as MUCH of a shock when they don't release a track every week!

Of course I'd love it if they did, we just have to accept it's just not how this band operates!

LP

I really believe the lack of "new music" and the fiasco that was the release of CD, has something to do with the partnership agreement, between Axl, Slash, and Duff.

I don't have any proof or anything - just a theory.

Sorta how you never see any new Nirvana stuff, because Courtney, Dave, and Chris can't get along.

The box set was the new Nirvana stuff and You Know You're Right on the hits. They're still putting new stuff out on video mixed with some rereleases like Unplugged and Live Tonight Sold Out., and I think the UK festival concert's on DVD. Anything else is prob. just going to be circulated on the file share sites and blogspots.

The setlist is a mix of AFD and CD with a few Illusion cuts. I don't see that as stingy if the shows are over 2 hours long.

quote name='SunnyDRE' date='23 August 2010 - 06:54 AM' timestamp='1282571660' post='2726243']

I really believe the lack of "new music" and the fiasco that was the release of CD, has something to do with the partnership agreement, between Axl, Slash, and Duff.

I don't have any proof or anything - just a theory.

Sorta how you never see any new Nirvana stuff, because Courtney, Dave, and Chris can't get along.

Ego - Control - Perfectionism

Chinese Democracy was such an experiment.

the results? ..the sales speak for themselves.

WRONG.

Sales do not determine the quality of music. Try again to bash the band.....but you'll never fool the fans.

EDIT: LOLLLL I just noticed your sig rofl-lol.gif

Good albums tend to sell well.

Appetite for Destruction sold really well, as did Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits.

How many tracks from Chinese Democracy will feature on the next Guns N'Roses Hits album?

Edited by star

WRONG.

Sales do not determine the quality of music. Try again to bash the band.....but you'll never fool the fans.

How many tracks from Chinese Democracy will feature on the next Guns N'Roses Hits album?

Appetite for Destruction only start to sell well when Guns N' Roses started to promote it.

And, Chinese Democracy up to this actual date, has probably sold almost 7.5 million (the 6 million number is really old, we need a new UMG update), which is extremely well to nowadays standarts.

Imagine if GNR had promoted it. What I don't understand is why they didn't. I THINK that it was because Axl didn't want UMG to make more money due to his work, as UMG fucked up the actual release.

WRONG.

And, Chinese Democracy up to this actual date, has probably sold almost 7.5 million.

Hell no.

WRONG.

Appetite for Destruction only start to sell well when Guns N' Roses started to promote it.

And, Chinese Democracy up to this actual date, has probably sold almost 7.5 million (the 6 million number is really old, we need a new UMG update), which is extremely well to nowadays standarts.

Imagine if GNR had promoted it. What I don't understand is why they didn't. I THINK that it was because Axl didn't want UMG to make more money due to his work, as UMG fucked up the actual release.

:rofl-lol: That's good. I like how the number always goes up just a bit. 2.5, 3.5, 5, now it's 6.....I've never seen 6 anywhere until you posted it.

Edited by twenty-nine

WRONG.

:rofl-lol: That's good. I like how the number always goes up just a bit. 2.5, 3.5, 5, now it's 6.....I've never seen 6 anywhere until you posted it.

May as well round it up to 10 million :D

Edited by star

I wonder what happened to the remix songs that Brian was working on? Or the music video. Or the two or three different covers. Or the correct booklet. Need I continue?

A live dvd might appear, as that's an easy cash grab, and could help fund a music video, and get the online shop up and running.

Edited by star

I wonder what happened to the remix songs that Brian was working on? Or the music video. Or the two or three different covers. Or the correct booklet. Need I continue?

A live dvd might appear, as that's an easy cash grab, and could help fund a music video, and get the online shop up and running.

I didnt even remember that there was supposed to be these correct booklets and better video and all that shit. Enjoy the tour as long as it lasts!