Reading & Leeds boss will end GN'R's set

Use Your Delusion 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the show will either be incredible with Axl at full force as a "fuck you", or he won't give a shit at all and dog it as a "fuck you". Not an average show. Either amazing or awful. And never being allowed back in England.

You see I don't agree with the lateness and it is unprofessional but then doesn't the Reading/Leeds boss know that GN'R have, shall we say, odd working hours? And pulling the plug on a band that many people have paid to see is also unprofessional .

Aren't there laws regarding the curfews? If so, I don't think it's unprofessional at all. The guy even says it's not his call, it's the council's. So it's not unprofessional for him to do his job.

Edited by twenty-nine

It's all about money at the end of the day. Every minute an acts plays past the curfew, the festival will have to pay thousands of pounds. If GNR play 20 minutes past the curfew. you're talking about a LOT of money the organisers have to pay.

Good for them (Festival Management). Absolutely no reason to go on so late. I know the topic has been beaten to death, but how hard is it? He has nothing to do all day, knows weeks/months in advance of show time. Just be there within 30 minutes or so of 'start' time.

How about the festival organizers have 2 hallways that both appear to go to stage from dressing rooms. If Axl is pulling the late crap/too late, send him down the faux hall to "stage" and the door can slam shut locked behind him. Let him wander the bowels of venue and have a meltdown by himself. And have Maiden or someone hit stage at that time so crowd doesnt riot.

the fact that this was done in the media .. seems to be giving axl an ultimatum i dont think is gonna sit well ... this could get interseting . :blink:

looks more like the promotor is trying to make clear that he's not to blame for the show getting cut short but the city council, preparing the crowd for the worst and possibly avoid a riot.(he knows from experience that axl has the charisma to turn the crowd agaist him when he hits the stage)

that or he's still pissed because axl called him a fucking asshole on his own stage :D

Edited by rain_king

I REALLY hope they don't pull the plug on GN'R, if they do I'll be really mad. Them and Queens Of The Stone Age are the only two bands I'm interested in seeing.

It's insane how strict timings are here in England for rock festivals. I think Graspop in Belgium goes on until about 1am. If they do try and pull tne plug Axl could always repeat his awsome Leeds 2002 speech:

"Well, it appears that we're gonna have an interesting evening. You see the, city council and the promoters say we have to like end the show. And they'll say that I'm... they could say maybe I'm enciting a riot. Now I'm not 'cause I don't want anyone to get arrested or anyone to get in trouble or anything like that. But I think we got a good 7 or 8 fucking songs left at least to play for you. And I didn't fucking come all the way to fucking England to be told to go back fucking home by some fucking asshole! All I've got for the last 8 years is shit after shit after shit in the fucking press and Axl's this, Axl's that - I'm here to play a fucking show and I wanna play!"

Best Axl speech ever! Epic! C'mon Axl, try to do better on this year's edition!

I REALLY hope they don't pull the plug on GN'R, if they do I'll be really mad. Them and Queens Of The Stone Age are the only two bands I'm interested in seeing.

It's insane how strict timings are here in England for rock festivals. I think Graspop in Belgium goes on until about 1am. If they do try and pull tne plug Axl could always repeat his awsome Leeds 2002 speech:

"Well, it appears that we're gonna have an interesting evening. You see the, city council and the promoters say we have to like end the show. And they'll say that I'm... they could say maybe I'm enciting a riot. Now I'm not 'cause I don't want anyone to get arrested or anyone to get in trouble or anything like that. But I think we got a good 7 or 8 fucking songs left at least to play for you. And I didn't fucking come all the way to fucking England to be told to go back fucking home by some fucking asshole! All I've got for the last 8 years is shit after shit after shit in the fucking press and Axl's this, Axl's that - I'm here to play a fucking show and I wanna play!"

This is why I love Axl.

Yep, that speech was f**king awsome! I think curfew times are annoying at festivals anyway and at festivals its not as if most people need to get home that evening.

You ever lived in a tourist town?

Curfews provide some sorta consideration for the people that actually live there.

Edited by SunnyDRE

This is why I love Axl.

Yep, that speech was f**king awsome! I think curfew times are annoying at festivals anyway and at festivals its not as if most people need to get home that evening.

You ever lived in a tourist town?

Curfews provide some sorta consideration for the people that actually live there.

I've just graduated from Reading uni, so I've heard the festival over the summer when I've been living there.

Reading is a very built up town; very dense. As much as I enjoyed listening to the music from my house, I can sympathise with other older residents that aren't interested as it is very loud.

Edited by CAFC Nick

I completely understand the boss's point of view

This is not a Guns N' Roses show. This is a show that GNR is playing at. Most people are going for the festival as a whole, not just for GNR (except for a few hardcore fans)

People dont want to wait 2+ hours and there IS a special curfew designed for these events - it's Axl's job to adhere to the rules so everyone can benefit from it

Fuck the curfew. I've waited 2 hours after two opening acts 500km far away from home without water and I'm not bashing Axl for this. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it's a fucking festival that occurs one time-a-year; are you fucking kidding me ?? I hope Axl shows up in time, but still, if you're going to a big festival like this and YOU'LL WAIT TO SEE GUNS N' ROSES you can't have anything to do next day.