"inside the mind of Axl Rose"

Orsys

Well...

The article is a bit TOO convenient...

I know that a lot of people try to put ALL the blame for everything on Axl...but come on, let's not forget the no-shows, the cancelled tours, the fact that they didn't write a single song since 2006, his going awol after the release of the album, the Better video etc etc etc...

I mean, ok, let's pretend that he's "100% clean" on everything like he suggests all the time...

Why doesn't he hire competent people then ?

It's nice to see a positive article about Axl for a change that doesn't make him look like public enemy number one.

However, the anti-Slash stuff annoyed me. If there's one thing that generally annoys me in GN'R fandom it's the Axl/Slash divide between fans. Like you can either be a Velvet Revolver fan or a Guns N' Roses fan, a Slash fan or an Axl fan. Well, I'm both, I really enjoyed the Velvet Revolver albums and a lot of Slash's solo album (I'm not a huge fan of albums with different singers on each track). Just because two musicians have a disagreement doesn't mean you have to get tangled up in it.

As for the "Slash is easily imitated" bit, sure lots of people can play the stuff he's come up with but can they write something as good as it?

But yeah its nice to see journalists finally realising how great new GN'R are. I'm sure many people at Reading/Leeds will be pleasantly surprised by how awsome they are [if there's no drama regarding lateness of course].

Did anyone else going to reading/leeds get a little more excited rock3

Hell yeah! I am so stoked about this show, it's been a long four year wait for me!

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Cool article, but I lol'd at the "Slash's style is easily imitated." :lol:

Yeah, that was fuckin' stupid.

+1 very stupid

i think ashba has done a great job imitating slash and many of the slashites think he sucks :shrugs:

if ashba is so bad then i imagine just about anyone can do it

'imitation' you hit the nail on the head there :D

"So while yes, it's going to be a bit of a pisser when you look at the stage this weekend during the signature riff of 'Paradise City' and it's not Slash playing it, the truth is that it will sound identical. Meanwhile, anyone who saw Slash close his solo sets with the same song this summer will attest that it was sorely, sorely lacking the most distinctive screech in the last 25 years of rock music. Go on YouTube, look up some of the most recent Gunners tour dates and see for yourself."

Cool article, but I lol'd at the "Slash's style is easily imitated." :lol:

Yeah, that was fuckin' stupid.

+1 very stupid

i think ashba has done a great job imitating slash and many of the slashites think he sucks :shrugs:

if ashba is so bad then i imagine just about anyone can do it

'imitation' you hit the nail on the head there :D

yes. thats the word they used in the article. they hit the nail on the head, i agree. :thumbsup:

Very good article. Finally GNR are getting some of the credit they deserve. And in the other article they hit the nail on the head regarding reunion and shit. I don't wanna see a classic line up playing old material only and doing the same shit as they did 25 years ago (excl. the running, cause Slash don't run no more). It will be a total disappointment because we will have to compare it with the images we have in our minds and on DVD&Youtube of them 20-25 years ago, running like madmen, playing their asses off. And unfortunately, it is not Steven's, Slash', Duff's, and Izzy's intention to write a new album before doing a multimillion dollar cashgrab tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not once did they discuss new material while talking about a big reunion tour. So if it's the $ sign that motivates them, fuck 'm. At least with new GNR we have new music to keep it fresh. And I hope Axl is smart enough to get this current line up in the studio very very very VERY soon. :thumbsup:

they can't remove Slash from GNR can they?.... it's been 14 years.. get fucking over it!

i hate how people around gnr just dragg him in again... press, members fans.... for good or bad he's always mentioned

To be fair Slash hardly distances himself from GnR either?!?

they can't remove Slash from GNR can they?.... it's been 14 years.. get fucking over it!

i hate how people around gnr just dragg him in again... press, members fans.... for good or bad he's always mentioned

To be fair Slash hardly distances himself from GnR either?!?

To be fair, Slash done enough for Guns to be linked with it for the rest of his life.