GnR playing Adelaide and Townsville w/KORN!!!!!

Criss Fresh

28th August, 2010

Herald Sun

Guns n Roses will bypass Melbourne on their December tour Down Under.

The hard rockers, with singer Axl Rose, the only original member, have been lured to play at the V8 Supercars in Sydney on December 4. It is understood the Clipsal contract means the Gunners cannot play shows within a certain proximity of NSW.

Victorian fans will have to travel either to Townsville (December 1), Sydney or Adelaide on December 7 to see Axl and co perform.

Edited by Teejay

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28th August, 2010

Herald Sun

Guns n Roses will bypass Melbourne on their December tour Down Under.

The hard rockers, with singer Axl Rose, the only original member, have been lured to play at the V8 Supercars in Sydney on December 4. It is understood the Clipsal contract means the Gunners cannot play shows within a certain proximity of NSW.

Victorian fans will have to travel either to Townsville (December 1), Sydney or Adelaide on December 7 to see Axl and co perform.

That contract sucks

Looks like i'm flying to Townsville and Adelaide

Never been to Townsville is it nice?

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

28th August, 2010

Herald Sun

It is understood the Clipsal contract means the Gunners cannot play shows within a certain proximity of NSW.

Still doesn't make any sense why they couldn't play Melbourne.

Well Adelaide is further then Melbourne (from Sydney)

Townsville further then Brisbane (from Sydney)

I'm surprised GNR agreed on those two lines in the contract

Anyway I'm still happy at least we have 3 shows :D

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Okay I'm officially doing my head in. Not sure whether to go Sydney or Adelaide. Can't go both due to other commitments. :(

I would goto Adelaide smaller venue more intimate Teejay

But then again Sydney will be the big show so really upto you

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

fuck just found out about that exclusion zone for gnr so they can't play Melbourne or Brisbane, sux but thats contracts I suppose.

Anyways, I posted in the aussie rollcall thread here

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=167277&st=0&gopid=2729587entry2729587

cheers

Fuckin' Oath that sucks. Bullshit contracts! - fuck 'em Axl, get creative and play Brisbane and Melbourne under a different name. Hhhmmm , what name could they use??? " Velvet Rifle " :)

Guest gunns5

fuck just found out about that exclusion zone for gnr so they can't play Melbourne or Brisbane, sux but thats contracts I suppose.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=167277&st=0&gopid=2729587entry2729587

cheers

Fuckin' Oath that sucks. Bullshit contracts! - fuck 'em Axl, get creative and play Brisbane and Melbourne under a different name. Hhhmmm , what name could they use??? " Velvet Rifle " :)

"GnR mixed by Dj ASH"

fuck em, play at the top floor of the Q1 and get some meter maids to do vodka shots off each of their stomachs whilst Pitman provides some smooth synth to get things underway

Edited by gunns5

cheers

"GnR mixed by Dj ASH"

fuck em, play at the top floor of the Q1 and get some meter maids to do vodka shots off each of their stomachs whilst Pitman provides some smooth synth to get things underway

While Danii and Kylie Minogue jelly-wrestle and Jennifer Hawkins pole-dances! Ha ha , sounds good mate.

The Perth gig is at the Kwinana Motorplex - WTF?

I should say the Kwinana Mulletplex. That's like 40 or 50KM south of Perth and massive bogan country!

It's like at a racetrack right like calder park or eastern creek in 93?

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I should say the Kwinana Mulletplex. That's like 40 or 50KM south of Perth and massive bogan country!

It's like at a racetrack right like calder park or eastern creek in 93

Well not quite like that.

They have a dragstrip there, plus a Speedway (oval shape). But not like a car track for the V8's, that's usuallyheld at Wanneroo Raceway. But clearly it must be related to the whole motorsport thing this tour since the Townsville ticketing talks about tickets on pitlane.

Maybe they are creating a whole day of stuff - drag races and entertainment and things during the day with the concert that night.

http://www.motorplex.com.au/

i.e. the perfect location for a gnr show!

On the plus side, I'll be the acoustics there will be far better than they were at Burswood.