Who the fuck does Axl Rose think he is?

Marky

First off, apologies if there is a similar topic about this in this section right now, the server is falling apart at the seams and I can't really read anything, or check if there are other topics on this.

Let me summarise:

GNR have gone onstage about an hour/an hour and a half late at Reading. One of the most respected, loved festivals in the world, EVER. Axl Rose is not, has never been, and will never be bigger than Reading, Leeds, or indeed Glastonbury, V, T, Coachella, or any music festival, anywhere. The biggest acts in the world couldn't demand something as ridiculous as turning up way later than advertised. The Rolling Stones, U2, even if the Beatles got back together (and out of their coffins), they couldn't make such a demand. It serves Axl right that the crowd are booing every song, which is only right. That crowd have stood there all day, in the rain and mud, and it's now VERY fucking cold, and they're being made to wait, for what? An ego. An overblown, inflated ego. Guns N Roses haven't been relevant for years (No, Chinese Democracy is not relevant in today's world, for those of you furiously defending the album. I love it, but popular, it is now.) This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint. But no, because he thinks he's King, he can do as he please.

As for all you idiots stating 'Pfft, all the fucking indie kids at Reading obviously don't know a good show when they see one'. Reading is a ROCK festival. And the fact that Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA and more, can show up, rock the whole festival, and SHOW UP ON TIME, just makes GNR seem even more of a ball ache. The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

Seriously, I've grown the accept GNR's shortcomings, but this takes the fucking piss. And before you all retort with 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' or 'If you don't like it, fuck off', this is a FAN FORUM, and the DISCUSSION section of that forum. I'm allowed to have my opinion, of which many of you I'm sure will agree with. If all we're allowed to do is praise and arselick that band/singer, then it isn't a forum, it's a mockery. I'm raising my very valid thoughts, and my fucking frustration with a band who have no respect for their fanbase. I rarely post in this section, my main haunts are the AG sections, so it's not like I'm losing out by not posting in here anyway.

But I am done with this band. I won't buy future albums/gig tickets, and I simply don't care. I'm tired, and overall, dissapointed. What a fucking piss take of a band!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, apologies if there is a similar topic about this in this section right now, the server is falling apart at the seams and I can't really read anything, or check if there are other topics on this.

Let me summarise:

GNR have gone onstage about an hour/an hour and a half late at Reading. One of the most respected, loved festivals in the world, EVER. Axl Rose is not, has never been, and will never be bigger than Reading, Leeds, or indeed Glastonbury, V, T, Coachella, or any music festival, anywhere. The biggest acts in the world couldn't demand something as ridiculous as turning up way later than advertised. The Rolling Stones, U2, even if the Beatles got back together (and out of their coffins), they couldn't make such a demand. It serves Axl right that the crowd are booing every song, which is only right. That crowd have stood there all day, in the rain and mud, and it's now VERY fucking cold, and they're being made to wait, for what? An ego. An overblown, inflated ego. Guns N Roses haven't been relevant for years (No, Chinese Democracy is not relevant in today's world, for those of you furiously defending the album. I love it, but popular, it is now.) This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint. But no, because he thinks he's King, he can do as he please.

As for all you idiots stating 'Pfft, all the fucking indie kids at Reading obviously don't know a good show when they see one'. Reading is a ROCK festival. And the fact that Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA and more, can show up, rock the whole festival, and SHOW UP ON TIME, just makes GNR seem even more of a ball ache. The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

Seriously, I've grown the accept GNR's shortcomings, but this takes the fucking piss. And before you all retort with 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' or 'If you don't like it, fuck off', this is a FAN FORUM, and the DISCUSSION section of that forum. I'm allowed to have my opinion, of which many of you I'm sure will agree with. If all we're allowed to do is praise and arselick that band/singer, then it isn't a forum, it's a mockery. I'm raising my very valid thoughts, and my fucking frustration with a band who have no respect for their fanbase. I rarely post in this section, my main haunts are the AG sections, so it's not like I'm losing out by not posting in here anyway.

But I am done with this band. I won't buy future albums/gig tickets, and I simply don't care. I'm tired, and overall, dissapointed. What a fucking piss take of a band!

no i have loved GNR for 20 years and have got to say it's coming very close to fucking them off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's bullshit and we all know it

whatever dude the reason lostprophets queens etc dont turn up late is cuz they arnt headlining, fuck it ive followed gnr for 15 years i love it, rock n roll whatever jive turkey

Cry me a river ... a whole 1.5 hr wait to see the only band on that crap bill worth seeing? Did Biffy Clyro blow your mind? Queens of the Stone Age rock the house? the Kings of Leon frontman got it right last year when he called Reading the coldest crowd he has scene. Pussy posers and Axl's mistake for gracing the festival with an appearance

Edited by vail2004

Honestly, the fact that they were late doesn't bother me that much. That's what you get with this band, I've accepted that. What I don't understand is why the GN'R camp didn't allow their set to be broadcast on television. This would've been huge exposure and to show a lot of people that Axl/Guns are alive. Oh well, guess we could just chalk this up to another wall of disappointment.

I do agree with you about the server shit. That thing needs to be fixed. It hinders this forum greatly.

Guest RonMexico82

I dunno, I'll go by what somebody who was at the gig and is a fan has to say. Judging by twitter though, they are bombing but the audience sound like a bunch of pampered pussies at the same time.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Bye bye

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

That was gold.

But yeah, I can see why the kid is pissed. We like to brag on how good new GNR is and tell cool stories to our friends about our favorite band. But somehow every time they have a chance to redeem themselves in front of a Non-GNR-fanbase crowd, they always manage to put us in a position in which it is hard to defend them. :shrugs:

Ok, I'm gonna reply properly now...

I have been watching the festival on the BBC website and all I have to say is that the bands are pure and utter shit. No bands come close to what GN'R is. Most rock bands nowadays are a bunch of generic shit.... GN'R is still one of the only bands that still does something different and rocks your shit out.

I have been to two shows this tour, I had to wait like 1.5 hours in each show... but you know what... they were the best concerts I have ever been in my life.... nothing comes close to Axl Rose live.

I love this band, I really do, but I agree with the OP, I am damn sick of this band blowing BIG opportunities, it is annoying as hell.

I will continue to listen to them, and see them if they ever come back to the US, but it's ridiculous to blow such a big opportunity for huge press, publicity and exposure, unacceptable.

Ok, I'm gonna reply properly now...

I have been watching the festival on the BBC website and all I have to say is that the bands are pure and utter shit. No bands come close to what GN'R is. Most rock bands nowadays are a bunch of generic shit.... GN'R is still one of the only bands that still does something different and rocks your shit out.

I have been to two shows this tour, I had to wait like 1.5 hours in each show... but you know what... they were the best concerts I have ever been in my life.... nothing comes close to Axl Rose live.

Yeah I know, that's the thing, the bands they have playing that aren't GN'R seem like some indie shit band from England. I just wish we can see something from GN'R later or sometime. Their the only band I care about.

Oh, and Marky, I understand where your coming from, but you can't change Axl, just have to get used to it. I mean, atleast he was not too late and their set was pulled. He'll always late, it's just how he is. You not in the band, you can't do anything but hope he changes to cater to you, but he won't, he never will. That's why he's a true rock star, he does whatever the hell he want's to do. I just wished they would show their performance on the stream.

That what doesn't get me, the exposure. Having GN'R on the website would be great for GN'R. Even releaseing a DVD of a concert, or a video <_< , would be nice to. It just doesn't make sense.

Let me summarise:

Honestly, Im not going to flip my shit over this...Im sure its more than Axl whos to blame.

however, regarding the general attitude and disrespect coming from the gnr camp and disregard to the fans, Id say Its better to not get too attached to this band. Everybody knows how much potential is wasted in this lineup.

Whether it be fear or pride or what have you, Axl has no right to do what he has been doing for years. This is a band that promises and never delivers.

Nobody has been questionning his talent in this thread...

It's just that if you're gonna play in front of a skeptical crowd, showing up late is not the best way of winning the hearts.

Just imagine being in the middle of that crowd, with all the people booing...Would you enjoy that concert as a GnR fan ?

And defending Axl coming late while a certain band member ( not the less talented btw... ) is showing clear signs of weariness, I don't understand that...

He's Axl Rose.

Yes, yes he is and he's fucked the fans over by ignoring the promoter and thus having the plug pulled before the end of the set. Nice one Axl you really showed em there!

He actually kind of did. The sit down protest was a stroke of genius.

Let me summarise:

I'm not going to agree or disagree about the status of the festival or who's bigger than who. But calling something a "ROCK festival" then listing the acts you just did... what you think is a rock festival differs very greatly from what I want to see at one.

In fact, what you listed is the worst sort of hipster crap. QOTSA has a good song or two but the crowd they attract.. and Lostprophets... I'll pass.