Who the fuck does Axl Rose think he is?

Marky

Honestly, the fact that they were late doesn't bother me that much. That's what you get with this band, I've accepted that. What I don't understand is why the GN'R camp didn't allow their set to be broadcast on television. This would've been huge exposure and to show a lot of people that Axl/Guns are alive. Oh well, guess we could just chalk this up to another wall of disappointment.

I do agree with you about the server shit. That thing needs to be fixed. It hinders this forum greatly.

totally agree couldnt give a shit about the lateness at all, it's the tv thing which i find pathetic !!!!!!!!!!!! just let them broadcast it for godsake !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was Axl's ONE chance to show the world that actually, he can lead and orchestrate a succesful new incarnation of this band. If he'd shown up ontime, he could've blown the fucking roof off the joint.

The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

YEAH!

wait...wut?

Guest Apollo

Moaning? Or being fucking realistic? Anyone who thinks this is acceptable, or 'rock n roll' can get fucked, seriously.

Exactly.

I am a die-hard Axl fan. But stunts like these are ridiculous.

And the people praising Axl, saying it's rock-n-roll, that he is still being The Man.....complete clowns.

The MUSIC should be what people are talking about after a show. Not this side circus bullsh*t. And for so-called fans to praise what happened....complete clowns.

He's Axl Rose.

Yes, yes he is and he's fucked the fans over by ignoring the promoter and thus having the plug pulled before the end of the set. Nice one Axl you really showed em there!

He actually kind of did. The sit down protest was a stroke of genius.

Yeah, i'm sure the paying fans who were looking forward to a full set with Paradise City and a proper encore would agree with you as well eh?

Well, if the organiser's let the headliners (GN'R) play for another 15 minutes, they would have been happy.

Guest Apollo

The sit down protest was brilliant? Why? What did it accomplish? Did the promotor turn back on the power and let GnR finish the show?

I'd much rather have caught the entire show, than miss the encore - but see Axl protesting by sitting down on stage.

This was a douche move - end of story.

He's Axl Rose.

Yes, yes he is and he's fucked the fans over by ignoring the promoter and thus having the plug pulled before the end of the set. Nice one Axl you really showed em there!

He actually kind of did. The sit down protest was a stroke of genius.

Yeah, i'm sure the paying fans who were looking forward to a full set with Paradise City and a proper encore would agree with you as well eh?

Well, if the organiser's let the headliners (GN'R) play for another 15 minutes, they would have been happy.

And people now won't only say "Yeah, I saw a GNR gig. It was normal." They will say "I saw an epic GNR gig"

Edited by ManetsBR

I think tonight made me like this band even more..

SURE they show up late, they do it all the time, they've kept fans waiting longer that that, and the crowd still cheers and is excited..

today it wasn't exactly motivating to hear the crowd booing after every song, but they continued to play...even after the sound was cut out for some bullshit curfew

they went into a crowd that was booing them, and hi-fived them.

they put on 999% more of a show than anyone else today, is anyone going to remember that standard performance the bands before them did..no.

the only thing they did wrong, was go on an hour late, not to mention after being subliminally challenged, the old guy that rakes in the money from this festival knows axls ego, and was just trying to mess with him.

Why the FUCK would anyone want to leave a band they have loved for so long, who has put out the most amazing music, had the most enigmatic history..and still through its losses continues to thrive over them doing what they have been doing for years?

Did those hipster, waist coat skinny jean wearing poofs win you over?

Good riddance..

A "bullshit curfew" that they were well aware of and chose to ignore thinking it didn't apply to them?

Yeah and I'm sure the promoter was completely unaware if how they roll when he offered them a headlining spot. :rolleyes:

I think tonight made me like this band even more..

SURE they show up late, they do it all the time, they've kept fans waiting longer that that, and the crowd still cheers and is excited..

today it wasn't exactly motivating to hear the crowd booing after every song, but they continued to play...even after the sound was cut out for some bullshit curfew

they went into a crowd that was booing them, and hi-fived them.

A "bullshit curfew" that they were well aware of and chose to ignore thinking it didn't apply to them?

Once a year, on a weekend, during an event in which much worse could & does happen there is no loud sound allowed after midnight on the DOT, tell me, do you think the world would end if gnr were allowed to finish their close to finished set?

Thats exactly why there wasn't really any harm done by them ignoring it

do you have to see it as Axl either having a big ego or being professional, can you not see it for the 'rule' that it is and decide for yourself whether it being broken is justified

Guest Apollo

OK people - you need to STOP making this an issue of forum members not liking GnR. Or that we were won over by some hipster indy band.

I've been a fan of GnR since 1987. I've seen them live. I'm a die-hard Axl fan. I've defended him on this forum - non-stop - since 2002. So stop with the idiotic comments that we must not be fans.

Most of us love Axl and love the music he has produced.

But this was a douche-bag move. And it was as faaaaaar from being rock-n-roll as you can be. And it was as faaaaaar from making them the "worlds most dangerous band" as you could be.

Showing up on time and blowing the crowd away with their performance........that's what the worlds most dangerous band would have done. Their MUSIC WOULD HAVE been the talk of the show - not their antics.

The crowd know a good show when they see one, and they know that GNR aren't one.

:question: ... Seriously? Are you completely seriously saying that GN'R does not put on one hell of a show? Marky, tell me, have you ever been to one? I saw them a couple of months ago and it was the best fucking show I've ever seen. Regardless of whatever the whole point of your post was, don't come around here saying they do not put on a great show. Come on, get real.

Ironically, the people on the concert didn't really care.

http://www.nme.com/video/bcid/597311381001

It's got fuck all to do with the crowd you dozy twat.

It's the council and the residents that the curfew is there for.

And that's just 1 minute of footage. It's hardly raptuous cheering is it?

I'm sure GN'R got booed early on in the set and then the crowd got bored of booing when something actually interesting happened like the power was cut.

It's a shame the most positive reaction was when they couldn't be heard

Ironically, the people on the concert didn't really care.

http://www.nme.com/video/bcid/597311381001

Not the point really. I'm sure they would've preferred a kick ass show that started on time and wasn't cut short.

No shit.

Its just a dick move. Little wonder this band has few fans outside we lifers.

I just got back from Reading. I just went to see Guns N Roses. If I had known that they were gonna do a UK arena tour then I wouldn't have bothered going. Most of the lineup was total shit. Billy Talent and NOFX were generic shitty punk who tried to get the crowd to go and see the equally generic Alkaline Trio instead of GNR. Lost Prophets and Biffy Clyro were average. QOTSA were decent.

Yeah Guns N Roses were late but I suppose it does take a long time to set up a complex stage like the one they had, with fire, fireworks, videos etc. It's a shame the power got cut off.

I thought Axl was the only singer who had a decent voice in the whole festival.

Doubt I'll go Reading ever again.