Axl's Sit Down Protest

ITW 2012

I hate curfew restrictions, drinking restrictions, smoking laws, drug laws, and all other restrictions of freedom that governments and corporations have pushed on us. Axl is the antithesis of all that bullshit and I'm glad he's still out there representing the immoral majority. I hope Leeds is burned to the ground if they don't let Axl play there after the sit down protest.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate curfew restrictions, drinking restrictions, smoking laws, drug laws, and all other restrictions of freedom that governments and corporations have pushed on us. Axl is the antithesis of all that bullshit and I'm glad he's still out there representing the immoral majority. I hope Leeds is burned to the ground if they don't let Axl play there after the sit down protest.

If they are finishing their set for the fans on acoustics at the Reading Festival camping or parking lot right now, then YES, then I'm with them and they have my fullest respect!!!

Guest Apollo

Gov and corporations haven't forced those things on us. Most civilized people want them. If not - the world would be pure chaos.

So your neighbor loves hip-hop music, and decides to play it on his 250,000 watt stereo every night at 4 am, with his speakers facing directly into your house........your other neighbor is selling crack in his yard and in front of your house, complete with crack whores working your yard, neighborhood and street........"men who have sex with horses" bought the property directly behind you, with their yard facing your back window........ you would sit back and say "Hell ya, son. No restrictions in my neighborhood."

Axl refusing to show up to a paid gig ontime....refusing to play by the rules of the people PAYING him money to perform........having the show ended earlier - thereby screwing GnR FANS..........ya, he is a real rebel.

I hate irresponsible assholes who can't act like a professional, or in his case, even as a grown up.

This is no day to praise Axl Rose.

Has anyone at all pondered a promoter agreeing to book a band that has an extensive (20+ years) history of going on stage late,in a headlining spot at an upcoming festival.THEN announcing several days in advance that if they go on stage late he's going to pull the plug on their set?

:lol: -jesus!

I hate irresponsible assholes who can't act like a professional, or in his case, even as a grown up.

This is no day to praise Axl Rose.

This really is the only sensible way to look at what's happened today. This behavior is nothing for fans to be proud of.

Has anyone at all pondered a promoter agreeing to book a band that has an extensive (20+ years) history of going on stage late,in a headlining spot at an upcoming festival.THEN announcing several days in advance that if they go on stage late he's going to pull the plug on their set?

Ok pretty much ALL of this is wrong.

I'll just respond to the bits that matter. Do you think that GN'R agreed to be ontime? Yes of course they did.

As a back up for KNOWING what Axl was like he said he'd pull the plug. That's what happened.

Gov and corporations haven't forced those things on us. Most civilized people want them. If not - the world would be pure chaos.

So your neighbor loves hip-hop music, and decides to play it on his 250,000 watt stereo every night at 4 am, with his speakers facing directly into your house........your other neighbor is selling crack in his yard and in front of your house, complete with crack whores working your yard, neighborhood and street........"men who have sex with horses" bought the property directly behind you, with their yard facing your back window........ you would sit back and say "Hell ya, son. No restrictions in my neighborhood."

Axl refusing to show up to a paid gig ontime....refusing to play by the rules of the people PAYING him money to perform........having the show ended earlier - thereby screwing GnR FANS..........ya, he is a real rebel.

You are ridiculous. What's wrong with a rock and roll show going past midnight on a Friday night? I'm not talking bout no revolution,

Edited by ITW 2012

I think the real question is will a promoter ever do it again. Nice job, Axl.

Do you think that GN'R agreed to be ontime? Yes of course they did.

So what did GnR do all the other times they showed up late..not agree to be on time?

Get real..

As a back up for KNOWING what Axl was like he said he'd pull the plug. That's what happened

Oh now I get it.

The promoter knew what Axl Rose was like,but was willing to risk a riot to have them headline the Friday Night spot.

Glad the point went right over your head.

:rolleyes:

You are ridiculous. What's wrong with a rock and roll show going past midnight on a Friday night? I'm not talking bout no revolution,

What's wrong? For fucks sake!

The local council doesn't allow it because it's in a residential area.

If the festival allows it to go ahead they could be banned. That means no festival and no GNR shit like tonight.

Axl played the show for over a million dollars and a majority of those proceeds go to his record company.

Fuck off with this hippy shit.

Who cares what the reason is?

What's the reason for the delay? There is no reason. Its all manufactured, this so called "rebel" stance. I see more legitmate behavior on RAW.

Do you think that GN'R agreed to be ontime? Yes of course they did.

So what did GnR do all the other times they showed up late..not agree to be on time?

Get real..

As a back up for KNOWING what Axl was like he said he'd pull the plug. That's what happened

Oh now I get it.

The promoter knew what Axl Rose was like,but was willing to risk a riot to have them headline the Friday Night spot.

Glad the point went right over your head.

:rolleyes:

the other times they showed up late they weren't playing in an area with a strict curfew.

What the fuck aren't you getting?

The organises on the other shows put on a show at a REASONABLE time so fans are completely inconvenienced. There wasn't a particular time they had to stop playing. GET IT?

The promoter didn't "risk" anything, because he booked the band and said "be on time or I'll pull the plug"

They weren't he pulled the plug. No risk.

So I can't understand what the fuck you're not getting?

Been reading that statement for years..

Yeah and they can't even tour their home country anymore due to lack of sales/interest.

So has everybody. Its why he's a pariah in his own home country and can't tour there.

Spectacular.

The thing is, GN'R can tour here. If they played a club tour (places like Hammerstein/Warfield/The Joint), they would sell-out the entire tour. I for one, don't think that the every four years that they do tour in the States, they need to play arenas. Fuck arenas.

A 20 or so date tour hitting clubs in major cities would be successful, imo.

the other times they showed up late they weren't playing in an area with a strict curfew.

You have firm proof of that?

I'll give you but one example that states otherwise: Toronto 1991.

The organises on the other shows put on a show at a REASONABLE time so fans are completely inconvenienced. There wasn't a particular time they had to stop playing. GET IT?

actually...no :confused:

The promoter didn't "risk" anything, because he booked the band and said "be on time or I'll pull the plug"

You know we're talking about a band with a history of riots...right??

No risk??

They weren't [on time]..[so]he pulled the plug. No risk.

There was NO risk of a riot at a GnR concert because a promoter pulled the plug during their set...

Whatever you say man... :drevil:

The thing is, GN'R can tour here. If they played a club tour (places like Hammerstein/Warfield/The Joint), they would sell-out the entire tour. I for one, don't think that the every four years that they do tour in the States, they need to play arenas. Fuck arenas.

Axl doesn't want to admit that's the level he's at though

Unfortunate, but accurate.

And that IS the level he is at now, at least here, domestically. Its what happens when you disappear for years at a time and don't promote your work.

Money.

Who wants to take a pay cut?