AXL: "We will not be at Leeds"

6lake sa66ath

Hear it with your own ears, this ain't no Twitter shit!

Unrelated somewhat, but here's clips from other tracks played last night:

Intro/Chinese Democracy -

Welcome To The Jungle (full song) -

Richard Fortus guitar solo -

Edited by Blake Sabbath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has wanted to cancel these dates and has been looking for a viable excuse. Clearly the tweet was made by Axl, but they talked him down off his ledge.

The promoter though of the Reading festival gave him the perfect out though by announcing ahead of time about the cutting off the power thing. Axl knew this would happen, so he created the episode as a means of giving himself the excuse he has been looking for not to play Leeds.

Crowd chanting "Fuck u Reading" "Fuck u Reading"....funny how Live Nation's Murdochesque mouthpiece doesn't report that in their Gigwise hit-piece..

Yeah, cause that's the real story here. Journalistic negligence as far as I'm concerned.

The real story is just how lame a festival Reading is...ridiculous that 10:30 start is too late for these corporate cuckolds...

--there are some things which need sorted out--if they band was there four hours early, then why the delay?

--was there ill will on the part of the promoters or live nation prior to the gig?

--The rest of the band don't look overly pissed at Axl at all in this clip, which reinforces the argument that something outside of their control led to a late start.

--Was 10:30 really a "late" start? Or did this time only become a "late" start after the contracts were signed for the gigs?

--Rose tweeted four hours before the show "here at Reading"--reinforcing the fact that the band and him were there.

--Rock n' Roll, music, concerts, and festival experiences shouldn't be "time schedules"...that defeats the purpose, and spirit of a festival

Crowd chanting "Fuck u Reading" "Fuck u Reading"....funny how Live Nation's Murdochesque mouthpiece doesn't report that in their Gigwise hit-piece..

Yeah, cause that's the real story here. Journalistic negligence as far as I'm concerned.

The real story is just how lame a festival Reading is...ridiculous that 10:30 start is too late for these corporate cuckolds...

i agree that is a bit ridiculous.

--there are some things which need sorted out--if they band was there four hours early, then why the delay?

--was there ill will on the part of the promoters or live nation prior to the gig?

--The rest of the band don't look overly pissed at Axl at all in this clip, which reinforces the argument that something outside of their control led to a late start.

--Was 10:30 really a "late" start? Or did this time only become a "late" start after the contracts were signed for the gigs?

--Rose tweeted four hours before the show "here at Reading"--reinforcing the fact that the band and him were there.

--Rock n' Roll, music, concerts, and festival experiences shouldn't be "time schedules"...that defeats the purpose, and spirit of a festival

"I'm just a patsy!!" - Lee Harvey Oswald W. Axl Rose

I think he has wanted to cancel these dates and has been looking for a viable excuse. Clearly the tweet was made by Axl, but they talked him down off his ledge.

The promoter though of the Reading festival gave him the perfect out though by announcing ahead of time about the cutting off the power thing. Axl knew this would happen, so he created the episode as a means of giving himself the excuse he has been looking for not to play Leeds.

Sure looks that way doesn't it?

now thats bullshit

what a bunch of fuckin retards....the both of you......go watch the slash and lemmy video again...........douchebags

You know, that makes a lot of sense...