AXL: "We will not be at Leeds"

6lake sa66ath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping Axl was a bit hotheaded last night and needed some time to cool down. I paid a shitload of money to get to leeds, just to see guns. If they have any respect for their fans, they should still make an appearance at leeds.

It could be really good PR, they show up on time and ready to blow the crowds away while making reference to the fact that the promo tried to fuck with them but they are here for the fans,crowd goes wild and its the set of a life time that helps reinstall credibility in the band................ Shame it won't happen like that.

Sorry man but it appears you blew your load for nothing

I bet Madison is reading all of this and getting a big kick out of it.

Im reading this and getting a bit of a kick out of it. All those who undyingly and blindly defend Axl Rose as though he has never done anything wrong will hopefully see the light after this shit going down yet again. Im glad I got to see them in Sturgis before the third collapse of Axl's solo band, but even that show was pretty lackluster as only DJ and Richard were trying to give the fans a show. I think the bare bones setlists are a good showing as to how much Axl cares about the tour, the fans, and the band. Earlier this year and in the Asian shows last December you could tell Axl wanted this band to be successfull again but soon the surprise songs like Whole Lotta Rosie started disappearing, then concert staples Patience and Better disappeared, and now it should appear as though the man has tried to cancel the whole damn tour only to presumably go back into hiding, perhaps a retirement of sorts. Im sure that a lot of the fans who have been getting screwed these last few shows (and no shows) will ultimately lose interest in Axl and his band soon (like I have been), I just wish this man couldve been functional enough to have a productive career even if it was without Slash and company. But instead we get a single album nearly a decade after its been finished and numerous failed tours with a revolving door of guitarists. Career suicide.

The setlists have become rather disappointing (bring back Shacklers & Patience for a start), and from what I've seen the recent performances have been less than stellar, but none of these problems are insurmountable. Axl just needs to find his fire, that's all.

Oh, and no one gives a fuck what Madison thinks. About anything. Ever.

Edited by tomfriend

Im reading this and getting a bit of a kick out of it. All those who undyingly and blindly defend Axl Rose as though he has never done anything wrong will hopefully see the light after this shit going down yet again. Im glad I got to see them in Sturgis before the third collapse of Axl's solo band, but even that show was pretty lackluster as only DJ and Richard were trying to give the fans a show. I think the bare bones setlists are a good showing as to how much Axl cares about the tour, the fans, and the band. Earlier this year and in the Asian shows last December you could tell Axl wanted this band to be successfull again but soon the surprise songs like Whole Lotta Rosie started disappearing, then concert staples Patience and Better disappeared, and now it should appear as though the man has tried to cancel the whole damn tour only to presumably go back into hiding, perhaps a retirement of sorts. Im sure that a lot of the fans who have been getting screwed these last few shows (and no shows) will ultimately lose interest in Axl and his band soon (like I have been), I just wish this man couldve been functional enough to have a productive career even if it was without Slash and company. But instead we get a single album nearly a decade after its been finished and numerous failed tours with a revolving door of guitarists. Career suicide.

really, stop that.

Everytime something 'bad' happens ' so many people here get frustated and angry. Axl is a bitch . This is not GNR. They don't care about the fans.. blah blah.

Most of the time it is the same people who are like YES GNR IS BACK when something positive happens. I am not talking about you Mrandydyk, just in general.

People that don't like the circus should go and listen to Coldplay or whatever.

Everybody who knows a slight fuck about Axl / GNR knowws what to expect.

AND : THIS band does CARE about the fans. They are tight as a virgin asshole. So let's stay positive

Crowd chanting "Fuck u Reading" "Fuck u Reading"....funny how Live Nation's Murdochesque mouthpiece doesn't report that in their Gigwise hit-piece..

Yeah, cause that's the real story here. Journalistic negligence as far as I'm concerned.

The real story is just how lame a festival Reading is...ridiculous that 10:30 start is too late for these corporate cuckolds...

i agree that is a bit ridiculous.

it's completetly RIDICULOS.... For ex in Portugal, RIR, Optimus Alive, Super Bock Super Rock etc, the main headliners start around 00h, and this Reading s*it it's at 10:30 :thumbsdown:

jarmo the clown says

"Next up, Leeds!

Safe travels to those of you heading up there today.

/jarmo

-----------------------------------------------

might mean gnr changed their mind...

jesus christ!

i fucking hate this band lol!

Then you just can't resist reading posts about that band, you can't resist having an acount on this forum, you can't resist posting about a band YOU HAVE LOST INTEREST IN. Go to the dead horse section, or buy a De Lorean, go in the past and stay there. For good.

jarmo the clown says

"Next up, Leeds!

Safe travels to those of you heading up there today.

/jarmo

-----------------------------------------------

might mean gnr changed their mind...

Bumblefoot's latest update seems to indicate the same with, he doesn't state that the shows have been cancelled so hopefully for the guy's at Leeds they're still on.

Bumblefoot Hi honey, what a day at the office! Had the plug pulled on us, power shut off - I grabbed an acoustic, Deej turned his amp up, Ax grabbed a megaphone, told him I'd grab 10 random people from the audience and bring 'em on stage for a personal acoustic show, but shit was winding down, local security wasn't lookin' to hel...p, had a bit of a Paradise City sing-along but finally we had to just bid farewell...

and

Bumblefoot ‎(Leeds: Axl/management will let ya know if there's gonna be any definite change of plans...) This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!

i feel this experience could help bond them into a gang ala 1985

he was on stage at 10:30.

seems perfectly reasonable to me. he hit the stage at 10:45 in halifax and i was almost late. 10:30 is exceptional!

Not when you are warned to be on stage at 9:30

And how is that possible when QOTSA ended their set at 9.35?

seems perfectly reasonable to me. he hit the stage at 10:45 in halifax and i was almost late. 10:30 is exceptional!

They didnt, it has been confirmed they finished their set between 8:45 and 9:10

They didnt, it has been confirmed they finished their set between 8:45 and 9:10

Ok, thanx to clarify this up.

Bumblefoot's last facebook update:

(Leeds: Axl/management will let ya know if there's gonna be any definite change of plans...) This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you

Hope is not yet lost.