AXL: "We will not be at Leeds"

6lake sa66ath

so i was gone for the last week..i understand the Reading people pulled the plug and the show got cut short but can someone tell me how that relates to the cancellation of Leeds?

Because Axl (being Axl) needs any excuse to get angry, blame anyone but himself, have a meltdown etc..... and pull a power trip. He's so cool. What's more rock n roll than a 50 year old millionaire pretending he's still a rebelious 22 year old just trying for his "band" to stick it to the 'corporate' promoters?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i was gone for the last week..i understand the Reading people pulled the plug and the show got cut short but can someone tell me how that relates to the cancellation of Leeds?

Because Axl (being Axl) needs any excuse to get angry, blame anyone but himself, have a meltdown etc..... and pull a power trip. He's so cool. What's more rock n roll than a 50 year old millionaire pretending he's still a rebelious 22 year old just trying for his "band" to stick it to the 'corporate' promoters?

oooooooooorr you could have actually answered his question without biased bullshit.

axl canceled the leeds show because he is pissed at the promoters, the same promoters who organized reading.

^ no opinions, no bullshit, agree with him or not, thats the fact.

Edited by Jackie Moon

oooooooooorr you could have actually answered his question without biased bullshit.

axl canceled the leeds show because he is pissed at the promoters, the same promoters who organized reading.

^ no opinions, no bullshit, agree with him or not, thats the fact.

We will find out how 'pissed at promoters' he is/was soon. I guess if he doesn't show we'll know he's pretty pissed. If he shows, well.........LOL. We'll know it was all for show. I can just see his official "statement"....'due to lame ass promoters....I (er we) are not being allowed to play Leeds.'

Edited by Snowmass

We will find out how 'pissed at promoters' he is/was soon. I guess if he doesn't show we'll know he's pretty pissed. If he shows, well.........LOL. We'll know it was all for show. I can just see his official "statement"....'due to lame ass promoters....I (er we) are not being allowed to play Leeds.'

i really hope he shows up. lots of fans traveled / planned to see them, he should honor that and put his hurt feelings aside, show up and do the show, never go back.

.....that isnt how its going to go down...

i really hope he shows up. lots of fans traveled / planned to see them, he should honor that and put his hurt feelings aside, show up and do the show, never go back.

.....that isnt how its going to go down...

Axl would be a huge hypocrite if he showed up. Wouldn't he be selling out to the promoters after all his bashing of them and his cancelling? "we'll not be at Leeds"

Axl Rose has no right to be P.O.'d by the promoters.

"I came on late and they did exactly what they warned me they'd do if I came on late."

I'll admit that I'm usually pro-Axl, but I don't see how anyone can side with him on this issue. It really boggles my mind. I usually will defend him through most things, but not this. He's clearly in the wrong, and "going on late is their trademark" makes it all the more pathetic. Because going on late every show every time is totally rawk and roll and not predictable and dickish at this point! :rofl-lol:

"I came on late and they did exactly what they warned me they'd do if I came on late."

I'll admit that I'm usually pro-Axl, but I don't see how anyone can side with him on this issue. It really boggles my mind. I usually will defend him through most things, but not this. He's clearly in the wrong, and "going on late is their trademark" makes it all the more pathetic. Because going on late every show every time is totally rawk and roll and not predictable and dickish at this point! :rofl-lol:

+1

I love Axl but this was one of the dumbest things he has done. I really hope they show up at Leeds. It will suck for people who have made arrangements and payed good money to see them if they don't show.

+1

I love Axl but this was one of the dumbest things he has done. I really hope they show up at Leeds. It will suck for people who have made arrangements and payed good money to see them if they don't show.

i love it just because its so dumb. its just so ridiculous! he is out of his mind and i love it.

keep on keepin on axl. dont go changin.

i think they'll be playing to a virtually empty field if they play leeds.

people are sick of the bullshit.

not true. people will go. the show is great and people want to see axl.

The promotor put SHIT in the press. Thats why. Are you blind. They opened up the can of worms.

Edited by crashoride

The promotor put SHIT in the press. Thats why. Are you blind. They opened up the can of worms.

In 2002 Axl was late to this very same gig. The promoter had every right to do what he did.

In 2002 Axl was late to this very same gig. The promoter had every right to do what he did.

I wonder if Axl would have showed up on time if the promoter wouldn't have said anything a few days prior to the show...

Guns N' Roses hit back at Reading boss

Guns N' Roses have claimed they had the power pulled on them last night at Reading due to a personal grudge against them by festival boss Melvin Benn.

Despite arriving on-stage an hour late and having their curfew extended by an unprecedented 30 minutes, the headliners are now claiming that their set was cut short as the result of a historical vendetta against them and had less to do with council legislations as officially stated by the organisers today. Click here for our report of the show.

The sensational accusation was made by new guitarist DJ Ashba on his Facebook Page, posting: "They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City."

Responding to fans' comments, he subsequently added: "Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they pay...ed (sic) for."

The '8 years ago' refers, presumably, to GNR's headline appearance at Leeds Festival in 2002, when they once again went on an hour late and Benn was forced to obtain a license extension during the show. On that occasion the band were allowed to complete their set in full. However, the Festival Republic boss had stated publicly last week that this would not happen if the band came on late this time at either Reading or Leeds.

On this, Ashba notes: "The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies (sic)."

He extends his personal attack against Benn, stating: "This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing (sic) prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. Our fans payed (sic) to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that."

In defense of the festival organisers, Virtual Festivals founder and self-confessed Guns N' Roses obsessive Steve Jenner, who was in the front row for the whole show, says: "DJ Ashba is doing his duty and rallying behind his team, as he should, but his comments are well wide of the mark."

On the grudge accusations, Steve adds: "Reading's license permits amplified music to run later in certain areas of the site and smaller arenas, but explicitly prohibits this from taking place on the main stage. Furthermore, we have seen Melvin and the Festival Republic team bend over backwards to accommodate the nuances of this band, including extending the license to midnight - something I have never experienced before at this event and you can bet that Arcade Fire and Blink 182 won't be getting the same treatment.

He concludes: "There's no grudge against Guns N' Roses and rather than point the finger elsewhere they'd do better to acknowledge that fans have had enough of being treated so shabbily. I haven't read or heard one good word from anyone else about that show last night - the worst headline performance I have seen in the 11 years that VF has been covering festivals. I was embarassed to be a Guns N' Roses fan and desperately hope they can salvage a trace of their former glory at Leeds."

Despite Axl Rose claiming on-stage at Reading that their Leeds show was off "due to tonight", representatives of the festival have confirmed that the band is still scheduled to headline.

Stay tuned to VF to find out what happens and follow the rest of the action from both Reading and Leeds festivals.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/ … ading-boss

He concludes: "There's no grudge against Guns N' Roses and rather than point the finger elsewhere they'd do better to acknowledge that fans have had enough of being treated so shabbily. I haven't read or heard one good word from anyone else about that show last night - the worst headline performance I have seen in the 11 years that VF has been covering festivals. I was embarassed to be a Guns N' Roses fan and desperately hope they can salvage a trace of their former glory at Leeds."

Yeah right, no grudge. Fucking asshole :rofl-lol:

erm....take off your rose tinted specs.

good lord, if they play Leeds, i fear the trainwreck will go to another level.

Wow.. I din't know about all of this. I can't understand why gnr were booked in the first place, if the promoter still was mad about 2002. Everyone know gnr, and if it'd that important to be on stage exactly on time, they shouldn't book them in my opinion. Cutting off the sound by midnight is just stupid. I mean, why? People still wanted to see the end of the show, even if it was late.

I feel so sorry for the gnr fans that are going to Leeds. I really hope gnr will show up, even if Axl is goint to rant about Benn for most part of the show. All of this is sick. The fans want to see them, and of course gnr want to play for their fans.. And it's too bad if this shit will end all of it... :shrugs:

That isn't the the guy in charge talking..

Edited by eggers