Why isn't Gigwise (uh hum...live nation mouthpiece) reporting Crowd chanting: Fuck u Reading!

Cockaroachsoup80

just have to ask...crowd is clearly chanting..."Fuck u Reading"...instead they blame gnr for everything, when the band was ready to go four hours prior to their start time. Weird shit from Live Nation tonight, or par for the course depending upon how one looks at it..."Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine".....

just have to ask...crowd is clearly chanting..."Fuck u Reading"...instead they blame gnr for everything, when the band was ready to go four hours prior to their start time. Weird shit from Live Nation tonight, or par for the course depending upon how one looks at it..."Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine".....

9/11...inside job?

Weigh in.

axl was clearly late. he called their bluff, they pulled the plug. simple as that.

i dont blame the venue, i dont blame axl. they were both doing what they intended on doing.

if anything, gnr shouldn't have been booked in the first place. but im glad they were, this was awesome haha.

axl was clearly late. he called their bluff, they pulled the plug. simple as that.

Killjoy.

Killjoy.

Interesting Gigwise, Live Nation's mouthpiece, reported the fans were booing the band. This video clearly demonstrates the fans were pissed at Live Nation/Reading Festival. It is significant, that they omit these things when reporting. It demonstrates an agenda. And no, I do not subscribe to any wild-eyed conspiracy theories regarding 9/11, Lady Gaga's penis, or your cuckold failings which inspire your sanctimonious self import.

Interesting Gigwise, Live Nation's mouthpiece, reported the fans were booing the band. This video clearly demonstrates the fans were pissed at Live Nation/Reading Festival. It is significant, that they omit these things when reporting. It demonstrates an agenda. And no, I do not subscribe to any wild-eyed conspiracy theories regarding 9/11, Lady Gaga's penis, or your cuckold failings which inspire your sanctimonious self import.

Its not interesting. Its a poor attempt at misdirection by you and unimportant in the grand scheme.

Its not interesting. Its a poor attempt at misdirection by you and unimportant in the grand scheme.

By the same measure, Gigwise's published story is a poor attempt at misdirection. What is important in the Grand Scheme? What is the Grand Scheme? Do you believe you are part of the Grand Scheme, or simply, you are controlling the Grand Scheme?

By the same measure, Gigwise's published story is a poor attempt at misdirection. What is important in the Grand Scheme? What is the Grand Scheme? Do you believe you are part of the Grand Scheme, or simply, you are controlling the Grand Scheme?

Let's say this.

In a week's time, if this angle you are trying to sell blows up huge, I'll come here and admit you were out ahead of it and I was wrong to doubt you.

Let's say this.

In a week's time, if this angle you are trying to sell blows up huge, I'll come here and admit you were out ahead of it and I was wrong to doubt you.

it doesn't have to blow up huge to be valid.

this has nothing to do with excusing GNR arriving late, that is its own can of worms,

but the OP has a point. its shady for them to post a story about GNR getting booed off the stage, without acknowledging by the end of the show fans were cheering for gnr, singing paradise city, and chanting "fuck you reading!"

if you are going to report on the event, that is a huge aspect to be leaving out.

it doesn't have to blow up huge to be valid.

this has nothing to do with excusing GNR arriving late, that is its own can of worms,

but the OP has a point. its shady for them to post a story about GNR getting booed off the stage, without acknowledging by the end of the show fans were cheering for gnr, singing paradise city, and chanting "fuck you reading!"

if you are going to report on the event, that is a huge aspect to be leaving out.

Exactly my point, while the whole world is blaming Axl for going on late, no one even knows if he was in control of the start time? Obviously, the whole band, including Axl, was there hours prior to their scheduled start time, and for some reason they weren't able to start. Many who were at the show reported seeing Axl and the whole band standing next to the stage ready to go for quite some time before they took the stage. Apparently it was 50 minutes after QOTSA ended (not unusual with the time it takes to change sets and get GNR's pyro set-up). What shocks me, is that starting a show at 10:20 is considered "late" for a rock festival. Just plain weak! Also, the promoters seem to have been playing games with the band all week leading up to the gig. Personally seeking out the press to emphatically stating that they are going to pull the plug on GNR if they are late is just plain weird--I just wonder if both parties were unhappy with each other, and the promoters created a situation which delayed GNR starting, just to spite them by pulling the plug. Who knows? I just don't understand how anyone with any knowledge of rock festivals can conclude that "tight" start and stop times for bands are mandatory and "cool". Nothing could be further from the truth, and the festival goers are not going to bed at 11:45--they are just getting warmed up!

Yes, this is so surprising. He's usually so punctual. I wonder what happened this time to thwart his plans of giving his fans a show they paid for in a timely manner. Surely it was no fault of his.

With their stage set-up, 50 minutes after the QOTSA ended, is not a huge wait. I've waited longer at festivals, and never had a huge issue, as one can see the stage-hands working to get things ready to go. Reading seems to me to be run by corporate hacks, and is attended by a load of weak-kneed pop fans, who jump on new bandwagons every time NME farts.

Yes, this is so surprising. He's usually so punctual. I wonder what happened this time to thwart his plans of giving his fans a show they paid for in a timely manner. Surely it was no fault of his.

hey look! there goes the point! whoops sorry you missed it completely

Why didn't they report the chant? Unless I am missing something it sounded like 4 or 5 wankers trying to get a chant going that didn't catch on.

It was sufficiently loud that whilst we were leaving the venue, you could hear it.

And, it occured more than once.