Official Leeds thread

axl_on_drums

This shit's gonna be epic!!

but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change.

q10901008068_4440.jpg

Guns N' Roses Please feel free to share retweet, etc.: The show tonight at #leedsfestival is ON!

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Stardust)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (Another Brick In.....)

Axl Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Paradise City

Edited by Rick

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they weren't going to be playing? Have I missed something?

Anyway, if they do play I imagine they'll be late again to force the issue. A big fuck you to the promoters to say "yeah we know you're gonna do it, but we're still gonna go on when we want to". I'll imagine they'll be on around 1hr-1hr 15 mins after the scheduled slot.

Of course that really achieves nothing. It'll be excellent if he just turned the fuck up on time , had a big rant and told the promoters to shove it. Apologise to the fans at Reading for not getting a full set but wants to make it up tonight at Leeds. They then proceed to play a 2 and a half hour set after refusing to go off til they promoters pulled the plug just to give the fans the maximum possible.

GNR receive glowing reviews and Axl shows himself to not be so much of a cunt.

Edited by Guest

Anyway, if they do play I imagine they'll be late again to force the issue. A big fuck you to the promoters to say "yeah we know you're gonna do it, but we're still gonna go on when we want to". I'll imagine they'll be on around 1hr-1hr 15 mins after the scheduled slot.

Of course that really achieves nothing. It'll be excellent if he just turned the fuck up on time , had a big rant and told the promoters to shove it. Apologise to the fans at Reading for not getting a full set but wants to make it up tonight at Leeds. They then proceed to play a 2 and a half hour set after refusing to go off til they promoters pulled the plug just to give the fans the maximum possible.

I really hope that happens, but I'm very doubtful that that it would. It seems very likely that Axl will do the same as he did at Reading.

Is there a curfew in place at Leeds?

Yes, Leeds has a curfew.

I really hope that happens, but I'm very doubtful that that it would. It seems very likely that Axl will do the same as he did at Reading.

Which will then just completely bury GNR's ability to ever headline a festival in the UK again. The press will also have completely give up on this band (if they haven't already)

Which will then just completely bury GNR's ability to ever headline a festival in the UK again. The press will also have completely give up on this band (if they haven't already)

I think the press already have, they gave a truly great show terrible reviews.

I'm in Leeds just now... turned 20 a couple of hours ago. I really hope GNR make this the best birthday weekend ever, but I've never been more scared about a gig in my entire life, there's genuine risk it's just not gonna happen... come on guys, you're so much better than all the controversy. Do yourselves and the fans proud.

I'm in Leeds just now... turned 20 a couple of hours ago. I really hope GNR make this the best birthday weekend ever, but I've never been more scared about a gig in my entire life, there's genuine risk it's just not gonna happen... come on guys, you're so much better than all the controversy. Do yourselves and the fans proud.

Hope all goes well, I think the band should be in Leeds now, didn't Tommy tweet he was on his way to Leeds or something?

If GN'R want to have a go a the promoter the way to do it is to go on stage and have a rant about the last night not by cancelling this show.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Hope all goes well, I think the band should be in Leeds now, didn't Tommy tweet he was on his way to Leeds or something?

If GN'R want to have a go a the promoter the way to do it is to go on stage and have a rant about the last night not by cancelling this show.

Yeah, and Del James posted on facebook a picture of the tour bus on its way to Leeds, so I'm just telling myself the band aren't coming to West Yorkshire just for shits and giggles.

Yeah, and Del James posted on facebook a picture of the tour bus on its way to Leeds, so I'm just telling myself the band aren't coming to West Yorkshire just for shits and giggles.

I hope you get a rant.

Im eagerly awaiting to see what will happen. Im not sure if they will show up on time, not show up at all, or repeat the Reading antic. At least i can't say following this band is boring :P I do hope they show up on time and blow the roof off the place, people need to hear Better!!

I must say this has been the most exciting weekend in Guns N' Roses history since Chinese Democracy was released. And we haven't even seen what will happen tonight, arguably going to be the best bit!

I'm not sure how to feel about this.. Of course I hope they show up.. and on time too for a change..

But it's just.. If they do, Axl & co. will look embarrassingly stupid because of what they said after the Reading-show. ("We will NOT be at Leeds")

I think Axl just overreacted there (again), but it makes this a lose-lose :(