Official Leeds thread

axl_on_drums

I must say this has been the most exciting weekend in Guns N' Roses history since Chinese Democracy was released. And we haven't even seen what will happen tonight, arguably going to be the best bit!

+1

Back in the day, this was how it was, I'm fucking going mental over this gig and I'm not even going to be there. This is what I'd call, a real rock n' roll legend in the making. Just watch Axl blow the crowd away and go down in music folklore for the most anticipated show, full of will he or won't he show, fuck I'm so jealous of those in Leeds today. rock3

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im eagerly awaiting to see what will happen. Im not sure if they will show up on time, not show up at all, or repeat the Reading antic. At least i can't say following this band is boring :P I do hope they show up on time and blow the roof off the place, people need to hear Better!!

Yep but Axl should start singing the interlude correctly again, the recent live performances of it have been otherwise awesome though

Right, I'll be off then.

Fairly confident they'll play, its just the scope for something going wrong that bothers me a little.

Proud of the band's spirit @Reading.

They dont show any Leeds footage from any band. Its all Reading festival.

No idea why they call it 'Leeds & Reading'.

It has just started ! Axl and the band came on - finished off Paradise City and left !

Okay so I'm full of shit - hope anyone going has a great time ! I would be horrified and dissapointed big time if I had GnR tickets for an upcoming show and it didn't happen for whatever reason. Happened twice to me in the last few years with Velvet Revolver - fuckin' drug-fucked wanker SW !

It has just started ! Axl and the band came on - finished off Paradise City and left !

Okay so I'm full of shit - hope anyone going has a great time ! I would be horrified and dissapointed big time if I had GnR tickets for an upcoming show and it didn't happen for whatever reason. Happened twice to me in the last few years with Velvet Revolver - fuckin' drug-fucked wanker SW !

Everyone except Dave was in rehab and if I remember correctly some dates were also cancelled cause of Matt Sorum. So let's be fair here, it's not just Scott's fault.

Everyone except Dave was in rehab and if I remember correctly some dates were also cancelled cause of Matt Sorum. So let's be fair here, it's not just Scott's fault.

Dude, isn't it always the singer's fault :)

Dude, isn't it always the singer's fault :)

Apprently so. I'm just sick of it.

This is shaping to be a legendary show.

I hope they come on at 9, Axl rants / explains what happened at Reading, and then they blow everyone's minds and play until they're cut off again.

Then - when they're cut off, make sure they're prepared and play an acoustic set through some seperately powered equipment.

It would be talked about for years.

Ah... the power of dreams.... :lol:

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but what time are they scheduled to go on?

Curfew is 11.

..is it really 11. They stand no chance, assuming they show up.

Yep but i'm sure the promoters will allow another half hour over the allotted time. So the plug will be pulled at 11.30 most likely.

I thought the Green Day thing was old. Zane Lowe (A DJ on BBC Radio 1 in the UK) was tweeting about it and it spread, but this was all before Reading at the time when Axl's Twitter was "hacked".

Link: http://www.clashmusic.com/news/guns-n-roses-reading-controversy

It could have just be re-spread becuase of the controversy at Reading, but who knows.

xXx