Official Leeds thread

axl_on_drums

By slim I assume you mean impossible =p. The jet lag alone would probably dstroy any possibility of a show on either side of the pond. Besides they would have had to have left by now, and I assume there's no news on that front. People are just conjuring up stuff, or repeating old rumours that had no real basis anyway. Guns N' Roses will be there, on their Facebook they posted a message saying that negotiations are in progress to make sure fans don't get ripped off again. So over-dramatised but I guess that why we're on these boards. No other band would do things the way Axl and co. do it.

xXx

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC were prevented from showing any Guns N Roses performances due to contractual reasons. They said they would try and sort something out over the weekend, but as of yet theres still no stream at all. I emailed Richard and he said he thought they were supposed to show it at some point this week, but then added that after the ending its doubtful. Leeds isnt seen in the same light at Reading, so the BBC mention things but don't seem to have anywhere near as much coverage, so long story short; 1) Contractual reasons preventing footage being aired and 2) the very fact it's Leeds, not Reading means the stream is probably not gonna happen.

xXx

Edited by bucketmaster101

this has just been posted by an NME editor

'Last day of Leeds 2010. Haven't seen Axl on site yet. Still told they're playing though despite rumours of UK indie rock replacements'

Interesting, I'm guessing that they've got a contingency planned if Axl is a no show. Aren't the rest of the band in Leeds now though?

Dj ASHBA™

Nobody will ever realize the amount of bullshit that Axl gets thrown at him on a daily basis. If you only knew the half of it, you would understand. Trust me I don't know anyone out there that could deal with what he has to, to keep a monst...er like Guns N' Roses rolling and still get on stage and perform like he does. My hat goes off to him. I have nothing but respect for Axl, and always have, even before I joined the band. He is one of the few living legends of our time. He is the real deal, like it or not, he stands for what he believes and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is all about his fans, we all are....thats why we give 200% every concert we do. We love you guys more than life, and we could never thank you enough for all the love and support. See you all soon, until then Im going to sit back, buckle up and enjoy the most dangerous, reckless roller coaster ride of my life!

From DJ's facebook page

I thought they weren't going to be playing? Have I missed something?

Anyway, if they do play I imagine they'll be late again to force the issue. A big fuck you to the promoters to say "yeah we know you're gonna do it, but we're still gonna go on when we want to". I'll imagine they'll be on around 1hr-1hr 15 mins after the scheduled slot.

Of course that really achieves nothing. It'll be excellent if he just turned the fuck up on time , had a big rant and told the promoters to shove it. Apologise to the fans at Reading for not getting a full set but wants to make it up tonight at Leeds. They then proceed to play a 2 and a half hour set after refusing to go off til they promoters pulled the plug just to give the fans the maximum possible.

GNR receive glowing reviews and Axl shows himself to not be so much of a cunt.

I think it'll be more like this than most people expect (other than the glowing reviews, as it seems if the reviewer isn't a fan to begin with it's all too easy to slag Axl).

When people expect fireworks they usually don't get them.

If airing the show was a contentious issue at Reading, and the BBC doesn't have anything to do with Leeds, then that won't be in play tonight.