Would you still be a GNR fan if....

LaRocker

CD is hard for me to admit being a true GNR record. I still see it as a studio contrived expriment. The personality of this band is so controlled that its hard to relate to their music other than llistening to it and going ok...good effort..i want to hear the final product and not the demo...ohh that was the final product..

Wow what we have here is clearly a generational thing going on. Those of you that swang in with the post Slash era clearly see GNR as two distinct bands and sounds. Its easy to see why you would latch on to the new sound easier than lets say the vintage crowds. The history and image of GNR is as much a part of the legacy as the music and that era of pre grunge/industrial mass produced computer written music was vital. GNR was one of the true last club bands who honed thier craft night after night on the club circut in LA. Their experiments were in front of live audiences and not focus groups in the studio. The generational thing is apparent as to image also. My nephew loves GNr but hates the cheesy image that the late 80's and 90's played into it.

When Appetite broke i was 18. When my band wanted to do songs from the 60's and 70's ..bands like Zepplin and Black Sabbath and Deep Purple i was like ..What the fuck do we want to play the old stuff for??...Even old Aerosmith was looked at with a skepticle eye...what the fuck would we be doing by playing baby boomer music... took years of really listening to them to see there was a reason they were brilliant and timeless. But then again we didnt have access to literally millions of songs from all sectors and styles of music either.

...if all they're past lineups and albums were gone, they would start with the lineup that recorded CD, after CD release, the touring would begin. Would you like this band?

I like good music, good quality, so yes, my answer is ¨yes¨.

If CD were a debut album it would have been getting rave reviews all over the place.

That I can agree with. It's an incredible record but most GN'R fans don't give a shit about it cause the "Axl's a dick, Slash fucking rocks" yadayada.

I'd sure be a fan of the band.

Let me guess, all the people that think Axl's a dick and Slash rocks, are all wrong, correct? Ever think that so many people think that because it's true?

If CD were a debut album it would have been getting rave reviews all over the place.

That I can agree with. It's an incredible record but most GN'R fans don't give a shit about it cause the "Axl's a dick, Slash fucking rocks" yadayada.

Let me guess, all the people that think Axl's a dick and Slash rocks, are all wrong, correct? Ever think that so many people think that because it's true?

Incorrect guess. I do agree that he's a kind of a dick - but that shouldn't have anything to do with the music or how do you judge it

Oh yeah, Axl can be a dick sometimes, of course, but to me, it doesn't matter.

By the way, I think $la$h can be a dick sometimes too (Eric Dover: 1 album; Rod Jackson: 1 album; Scott Weiland: 2 albums; solo album: 23405830458349085 singers ^^). Maybe he's not the eternal innocent he wants us to believe he is. Or maybe he has REALLY bad luck with lead singers? ^^

And yeah, I would have become a fan with Chinese democracy. I listen to it A LOT. I always hear new things n' stuff. I tend to listen to the "old" albums a lot less since a few years.

Edited by axleu

By the way, I think $la$h can be a dick sometimes too (Eric Dover: 1 album; Rod Jackson: 1 album; Scott Weiland: 2 albums; solo album: 23405830458349085 singers ^^). Maybe he's not the eternal innocent he wants us to believe he is. Or maybe he has REALLY bad luck with lead singers? ^^

Slash fired a lot of singers. He wants to compete with Axl .. :rofl-lol:

If GNR had to stand on Chinese Democracy alone this forum would not even exist.

100% true. Chinese Democracy had no hit song on it whatsoever. Maybe Better comes close. Even TSI had Since I don't have you.

I don't think we'll see anything as good as Appetite or The Illusions albums. Pretty much every artist only has 2 -3 really good albums in their career.

If Axl decides to make another album he should put more faster rockers on there and less ballads.

100% true. Chinese Democracy had no hit song on it whatsoever. Maybe Better comes close. Even TSI had Since I don't have you.

I don't think we'll see anything as good as Appetite or The Illusions albums. Pretty much every artist only has 2 -3 really good albums in their career.

If Axl decides to make another album he should put more faster rockers on there and less ballads.

And for christ sake ..get rid of the industrial shit and play like you have some balls.

And for christ sake ..get rid of the industrial shit and play like you have some balls.

no industrial songs would be nice