Guns N Roses are starting to sound like Guns N Roses

rockrecord

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And? I'm not afraid to admit that I have problems with black people/culture in general, whereas you attempt to hide the fact that you are a blatant racist . :rolleyes: It's nothing to do with race in my case anyway, it's to do with attitude and culture.

Edited by Axl Knows

I've responded to you about 5 times in the *years* I've been on this board, SunnyDRE, so actually, I'm pretty sure that's not "most all your posts."

I do, however, think you're one pathetic excuse for a "fan" and frankly, you're also a majorly hypocritical pot calling the kettle black given you're probably the biggest cupcake on this board. Your only purpose here seems to be to stir up trouble, and really - do you have nothing better to do with your life than, for years and years, run around yelling "it's not Guns N' Roses!" - I mean really, it's also no longer 1996. It's also not the Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, Weezer, Alice in Chains, Hole, Bush, Evanescence, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, or any other number of bands who have only one or two original members remaining (as do every single band in that list!).

So really... if you have a point of being here, other than to antagonize people, I sure as hell don't see it. But then, what I can picture you as is the heckler at the comedy club, or at the local bar gig, trying more to get attention for themselves by being a prick than anything. It's not like you have anything constructive to offer - you just need everyone to know how much you HATE the current lineup.

We know. Mission accomplished.

Signed. Thank you.

Guest Apollo

White people are stupid? Way to generalize 100s of millions of people with one stroke. I've never understood people that can't get past the color of one's skin. I see people as people - regardless of their race or color of their skin.

Back on topic. It would be amazing if GnR went the traditional band route and started releasing albums every year or two. I love the ballads and mid-temp songs (catcher, twat).......but I would love to see some rocker songs that don't have a techno-ish feel to them. Songs in the Nightrain, Civil War and You Could Be Mine veign.

White people are stupid? Way to generalize 100s of millions of people with one stroke. I've never understood people that can't get past the color of one's skin. I see people as people - regardless of their race or color of their skin.

Back on topic. It would be amazing if GnR went the traditional band route and started releasing albums every year or two. I love the ballads and mid-temp songs (catcher, twat).......but I would love to see some rocker songs that don't have a techno-ish feel to them. Songs in the Nightrain, Civil War and You Could Be Mine veign.

No songs on CD have a technoish feel to them really

The Leeds and Reading shows were perfect.

They are finally starting to sound like a band!

No reunion necessary.

They have been sounding like a band from the beginning of the tour (Asia 2009).

The bbc proshot footage is excellent! Axl is on fire!

Is this available on the web? If it is, would you please post a link?

No reunion necessary.

just check out the thread on guns being on the bbc, you'll find it their on the starting page, I think ManetsBR edited the you tube links in.

Guns N' Roses are unsurprisingly - Guns N' Roses.

So it isn't really an issue.

come on, it's BEEN an issue.

Not every lineup Axl's put together since 99 has been a winner. Which is why the addition of DJ in place of Robin has been such a welcome change.

Oh fella, you know I like that performance for nostalgia value!

Perhaps this is the most "band-like" of the recent incarnations, but it's still the same awesome band.

Perhaps this is the most "band-like" of the recent incarnations, but it's still the same awesome band.

Nostalgia has no sound. In fact it can make people deaf to the flaws.

I don't think it's the same awesome band, that would indicate each individual is just a number, they don't matter, they are replaceable and make NO difference whatsoever to the sound.

No reunion necessary.

just check out the thread on guns being on the bbc, you'll find it their on the starting page, I think ManetsBR edited the you tube links in.

Thanks I see them but the BBC footage seems restricted to the UK and the youtube links have been taken off the site :unsure:

**LMAO**

This is not Guns N Roses.

Funny.. TIL is one of the few songs I could see on UYI

OnT. I think the 2002 lineup was really the best one and most interesting.. sounds to much like a cover band now.. In some way Bucket fitted very well with Axl even though Axl sounded like crap.. God knows how really but it worked and it had its own identity.. cant really see that know.

Edited by foool13

Guns N' Roses are unsurprisingly - Guns N' Roses.

So it isn't really an issue.

come on, it's BEEN an issue.

Not every lineup Axl's put together since 99 has been a winner. Which is why the addition of DJ in place of Robin has been such a welcome change.

Well, I guess SunnyDRE can't manage more than childish comebacks.

Nice to see someone posting actual useful comments in here! Anyhow... I half agree. I liked Robin well enough but his live playing was always the sore spot for me. Bucket was cool even if the image didn't gel, the rest of the band was tight and Robin certainly was fine on the album, but live... I've seen him live with NIN and GN'R and he was better suited to NIN.

This line-up is definitely the most "band-like" in that, they really seem like an established band now. I guess the core members - Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Richard - all being there for eight to ten years now minimum has something to do with that. But DJ's live playing, Ron's interaction with the fans, the band hanging out together, more communication, awesome shows... I loved the shows I saw in 02 and 06 but 2010 has been the best year for this band when it comes to touring.

I think all incarnations have been good and have their own distinct feel to them. 2002 was a great band, but didn't really have the feel of GNR. However, I think that was completely intentional and an concerted effort was made to change the feel of the band. Robin and Bucket were about as opposite in terms of style and looks as Slash as you could get. The 2006 era band had better shows than 2002, but felt a little less tight. I imagine that had something to do with new material being tested out live and Bumble getting thrown in tour last second. This is when they started to move back to the original GNR feel. By the time this tour started, you had guys in the band for all most a decade, Bumble for years, and DJ bringing a very retro style player especially when compared to the past few leads for the band.

I think all incarnations have been good and have their own distinct feel to them. 2002 was a great band, but didn't really have the feel of GNR. However, I think that was completely intentional and an concerted effort was made to change the feel of the band. Robin and Bucket were about as opposite in terms of style and looks as Slash as you could get. The 2006 era band had better shows than 2002, but felt a little less tight. I imagine that had something to do with new material being tested out live and Bumble getting thrown in tour last second. This is when they started to move back to the original GNR feel. By the time this tour started, you had guys in the band for all most a decade, Bumble for years, and DJ bringing a very retro style player especially when compared to the past few leads for the band.

exactly.

No songs on CD have a technoish feel to them really

It's all a matter of what a certain "name" of music means to different people. Techno, industrial, etc - whatever you want to call it. Shacklers is not the same type of song as Nightrain. Scraped is not the same type of song as You Could Be Mine.

My favorite old GnR songs are songs like nightrain, rocket queen, yesterdays, civil war..... I was just saying that I hope we get songs like those - however you want to classify them. I call them hard rock songs. I call shacklers/scraped something completely different - and I don't really care for that type of music.

**LMAO**

This is not Guns N Roses.

Funny.. TIL is one of the few songs I could see on UYI

OnT. I think the 2002 lineup was really the best one and most interesting.. sounds to much like a cover band now.. In some way Bucket fitted very well with Axl even though Axl sounded like crap.. God knows how really but it worked and it had its own identity.. cant really see that know.

It's funny when people say this kind of thing. It's so confusing to me, because the 2002 lineup was the only time I didn't like GNR. The 2002 lineup was so bad in every way. The current lineup is an actual band. They're having fun out there together. They're playing the tightest they've ever played, and Axl is singing the best he has since the 90's over the music being played the best it's been played since the 90's as well.