Dj Smokes on stage

90's

Hey guy I got an idea.. what if DJ ASHBA is SLASH?! I mean he wears a top hat and even SMOKES CIGARETTES and before he was Buckethead and wore that (awesomely cool) mask to cover up for the plastic surgery he was having. That must be it.

Impossible. Buckethead hands are identical to Duff ones!

(Who is here since 2002 will understand that)

the more funny thing is that DJ has a great simalarity towards Slash and almost plays the same and looks the same.

Bit weird but fun:P

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Stop comparing them.

Why? It's quite obvious who Ashba models his style after. There's nothing wrong with a guitarist modeling himself after Slash...ever wonder why Ashba's been the most accepted of the guitarists? That's right because he's most like Slash. I don't care who it is, everyone else will always play second fiddle to the original.

Slash isn't the most talented guitarist ever.....

While I know DJ has been wearing the top hat for some time, and it isn't even similar to Slash's, you fucking KNOW he gets heckled to bits by folks saying "he is trying to copy Slash, he's a fake!"

I think he should just wear a bandana and he would be better received by the Slashites and Casuals..personally, I fucking love the dude in this band.

Aren't DJ and Slash about the same height and weight too?

and they both play guitar!!

Seriously though I think the fact that DJ resembles Slash and Fortus resembles Izzy was prolly intentional on Axls part but so what.

I look like Izzy's twin!!!! I'm an Izzy clone. Shit! If I had sent my picture to Axl, he would have hired me! Fuck! And I can't even play the guitar!

One of my friends looks a lot more like $la$h than DJ does. He would have been hired too, even though he's dead!

Seriously though I think the fact that DJ resembles Slash and Fortus resembles Izzy was prolly intentional on Axls part but so what.

I look like Izzy's twin!!!! I'm an Izzy clone. Shit! If I had sent my picture to Axl, he would have hired me! Fuck! And I can't even play the guitar!

One of my friends looks a lot more like $la$h than DJ does. He would have been hired too, even though he's dead!

well the mortality rate for guitarists in GnR is so high that Axl will probably get round to you eventually, too late for your friend through.

As I said in another thread Jimmy Page was playing Les Pauls and smoking on stage long before Slash was....

Whilst I agree Ashba isn't doing himself any favours with the Les Paul, the smoking and the hat in regards to the naysayers it doesn't really bother me. I did however notice at Reading people commenting about how like Slash he was in certain aspects though. The guy's always dressed like he does, he didn't change the minute he joined Guns. Also, you can take many guitarists and see how Slash inspired they are. And lots of musicians smoke on stage.

At the end of the day I'd be surprised if Ashba wasn'tinspired by Slash as Slash is a great guitarist and a rock icon. Ashba's dress sense is very different to Slash's and as somebody else said he looks more Mick Mars than Slash.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

he wont be able to smoke at the UK gig's it's banned!! he is one cool motherfucker I was sooooo impressed with him at reading!!

Didn't stop Slash or Scott in Wales on June 7th 2007. Smoking was only banned in Wales then. All it is is a £60 fine

I have Scott's cigarette butt from when I saw them...

who cares, DJ is a fucking tool. can't wait until he leaves/gets fired

IRONY

All of my friends say that I look like Buckethead's twin.

...I don't wear any masks...

He has a lot of the same mannerisms as Slash too.

and his mom is black.

He has the right to smoke, but I can't see the 50's again when smokers were the "coolest". And the comparison with Slash makes this more stupid than already is.

Haha.

It never changed man...smokers still are the "coolest."

The hottest bar in your town - You can smoke in it.

he wont be able to smoke at the UK gig's it's banned!! he is one cool motherfucker I was sooooo impressed with him at reading!!

Banned? LOL he will then, thats what stars do, banned or not fines or not he will smoke. it is banned in Canada too doesn't stop anyone

LOL.

I'm waiting for the day that someone goes to jail for having a smoke.

Jesus will come back the next day.

How is he a fucking tool? He seems pretty down-to-earth to me, from interviews and shit. Musically, I think he's talented too.

IRONY

His gothic horse face, the Haunted Mansion, Ashba Swag, his mediocre predictable "Music for the Demented Mind"... everything about him is so incredibly cheesy. I get it when rock stars like to stand out and be gimmicky, but come on, this guy isn't even really that good. He played in Beautiful Creatures, Sixx AM, and wrote some shitty song for Neil Diamond, big fuckin woop

Edited by sweetness