Axl Rose dismiss and rehire the entire team between Reading & Leeds concerts.

ManetsBR

Axl Rose dismissed and rehired the entired crew of Guns N' Roses between the concerts of the Reading e Leeds festivals this week.

Guns N' Roses singer got furious when pormoters cut GN'R sound before their set was over at the Reading Fetival, and also fined the band for it's delay on the concert. But they were only late because Axl was sleeping in his dressing-room.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "Axl has a rule that nobody can wake him up when he is sleeping. That caused many problems at Reading. Axl was very angry. He refused to take responsibility and blamed the band staff, so he resigned them all.

But, that action meant that the band be without a team for the show in Leeds on Sunday, so Axl didn't had other choice but keep everyone's job. The source completes: "he realized that it was too late to get a new crew from the US, so he had to rehire everyone to Leeds"

At Leeds, things also didn't happen as the band planned. Once again, the Guns N' Roses singer overslept and their concert started 30 minutes later.

Axl said that the band made a deal with the promoters so they could play after the festival limit time, and nobody in the vicinity of the festival site would be angry with the noise that the group was doing.

He said "We were told we could play until 11.58 but now they're saying the show is over. The promoters are trying to ruin your night. We are 35 miles away from Leeds in a field in the middle of nowhere. Who will care?"

After the concert, Axl said in his Twitter: "we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or was a con"

Source: UOL Big newswire in Brazil, not SOOOO reliable though.

Edited by ManetsBR

Axl view's the situation from another angle:

Axl Rose

On Tuesday 31st August 2010, @axlrose said:

Our start times at the Reading and Leeds festivals factually had nothing to do with us as the previous bands (who were great by the way) came off stage when they did and we went on within' our contracted and documented changeover time period.

Whatever other nonsense anyone's choosing to write would appear intentionally false.

Having the fans or our show penalized for how the event was ran or simply the natural flow of events those evenings and for such minimal amount of overtime along with distortions and falsehoods by media, the promoter and or event organizers regarding the events seems a bit draconian and more than unfair to the fans.

A simple question: If you are aware of our changeover time, the average length of our show and the general nature of how these types of festivals run all of which are no big secrets...why book us?

Is it simply because the lineup on our nights at both festivals sold well? So it's a cash grab with no respect for the fans or the band and somehow an unwanted inconvenience for the cities and law enforcement? If we're not wanted and just being used to line someone else's pockets or for fictitious tabloid fodder at the fans and our expense we're fine with going elsewhere. God forbid we would force ourselves on anyone. It's not that kinda party.

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates. Yet it would appear we're amazingly often legally obligated to honor such arrangements whether against our will or better judgment. That's simply and unfortunately how this business often works with the artist and imo seems is legally supported to benefit managers, agents, promoters and ticket vendors.

With how the fans and we were treated in the past I had what I feel were legitimate and now proven justified apprehensions. Yet we gave 100% and from where we stood it seemed as if the both the fans (who rocked!) and our camp were having fun and making the most of things.

Why (and what would appear intentionally) risk having it go bad for everyone? Imo that's where true recklessness and negligence at both the fans and our expense would seem to be.

Anyway...thanks again to all the fans who made our nights!!

Peace!!

Axl-

..ok :D

I wouldn't be so quick to throw this entire thing out. We all know Axl stays up all night and sleeps all day. So it's plausible that the late showings have something to do with it. I was never one to go with the whole "ego trip" idea, so to me, it makes sense. If Axl told everyone around him that he doesn't want to be woken, do you really think someone is going to wake him? I doubt it least they risk their jobs/livelihood.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw this entire thing out. We all know Axl stays up all night and sleeps all day. So it's plausible that the late showings have something to do with it. I was never one to go with the whole "ego trip" idea, so to me, it makes sense. If Axl told everyone around him that he doesn't want to be woken, do you really think someone is going to wake him? I doubt it least they risk their jobs/livelihood.

Do you realy think that Axl will sleep from let's say 9 am. till 10 pm.?

Already dismissed as pure bullcrap by people over at cd.com who were backstage. Axl wasn't asleep at all.

Do you realy think that Axl will sleep from let's say 9 am. till 10 pm.?

I don't believe that for one minute. Unless it was a short nap. Or he wakes up and does a few lines of Coke to kick start his body.

Manets, now do you understand why i think you're so fucking stupid?

Cause you even don't know WHAT is the real source. It's not UOL. Uol just translated from Bang Music, a UK stupid magazine

You're fucking stupid cause you KNOW that's not true and you keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep posting bullshits like this.

Where are the RB3 new gn'r songs? lol

Fuck that, boy. Grow up and stop tryin to be what you can't be

Would this really be that out of the realm of possibility given Axl's history? Remember the article years back about him continually firing and then rehiring his manager.

He has a history of making rash decisions (tweeting a cancelled tour) only to be talked down off his ledge once cooler heads prevail.

Firing and rehiring his entire team would be entirely consistent with past behavior.

Would this really be that out of the realm of possibility given Axl's history? Remember the article years back about him continually firing and then rehiring his manager.

He has a history of making rash decisions (tweeting a cancelled tour) only to be talked down off his ledge once cooler heads prevail.

Firing and rehiring his entire team would be entirely consistent with past behavior.

Do you have a reliable source for that? Cause the 'past behavior' examples you did are only rumours...

IF it was true that Axl kept firing and hiring Azzoff, it would be the first thing that he would say against Axl in the lawsuit.

Again, another Twitter response vindicating himself from all blame, and putting it on others. As an artist, its your duty to know what time you need to be on the stage. You cant blame others and say 'well nobody told me what time I should play, I didnt even book the gig.' As a responsible artist, you should be in control of your own management. If they choose to rule you out of certain decision making, then you need to look at yourself and understand that your attitude or opinion must be contributing to the problem.

Musically, Axl is a complete god. From what I see as a human being, he has some serious fucking issues.

'They are only out to make money' - Dont exactly see him doing gigs for break even, or is it me? I bet he wrote this from his private jet (paid for by the fans), after letting down people that have been looking forward to his show for a long time. This is without going into history on just how many fans have been LET DOWN over the years.

The simple facts is, its a damn shame as the music is great. But the sideshow that is Axl Rose taints that good music like piss in champagne. When he was young, it was cool. But now all it appears to be, is a fat old man with distinct paranoia that he is always hard done to, and its never his fault. I wish he would just grow up and stick to the only thing he is good at, making music. When he voices his opinions it seriously makes me cringe to believe that I once thought of this guy as a god-like figure. Isn't life bliss when you are wearing the youthful glasses of naivety? Its so fucking ugly when you see your idol for what he really is. To complain constantly about the situation you are in is pathetic. Only you control the reigns of your life.

I'll never understand what people mean when they refer to the ego thing being the cause of the late shows.

Axl in the dressing-room yelling to Beta "I'm the greatest rock frontman alive, they can fucking wait! Let me enjoy being myself for a while please! Ahhh that's nice!"

Cause you even don't know WHAT is the real source. It's not UOL. Uol just translated from Bang Music, a UK stupid magazine

You're fucking stupid cause you KNOW that's not true and you keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep posting bullshits like this.

Oh My God. How could I possibly know if what is the REAL source and know if it's a reliable source?

Do you have a reliable source for that? Cause the 'past behavior' examples you did are only rumours...

IF it was true that Axl kept firing and hiring Azzoff, it would be the first thing that he would say against Axl in the lawsuit.

Indeed.

This is originally from The Sun, it's not reliable at all.

Madison posted an article from The Sun once. Lolz

I remember that :lol:

I'll never understand what people mean when they refer to the ego thing being the cause of the late shows.

The ego thing is that he is so wrapped up in himself that he either doesn't realize how rude it is to go on as late as he does when fans wait hours for him, or doesn't care. Either way, the lack of empathy for those people in the crowd is entirely consistent with it being ego driven because he is more concerned about himself and whatever issues he is having that are keeping him off stage than he is the fans who payed to come see him and have to suffer waiting there.

The ego is that he consistently puts his needs and wants in front of those of the tens of thousands of fans waiting for him in the crowd every night because he would rather inconvenience them than get his shit together and get on stage on time.

The ego thing is that he is so wrapped up in himself that he either doesn't realize how rude it is to go on as late as he does when fans wait hours for him, or doesn't care. Either way, the lack of empathy for those people in the crowd is entirely consistent with it being ego driven because he is more concerned about himself and whatever issues he is having that are keeping him off stage than he is the fans who payed to come see him and have to suffer waiting there.

The ego is that he consistently puts his needs and wants in front of those of the tens of thousands of fans waiting for him in the crowd every night because he would rather inconvenience them than get his shit together and get on stage on time.

Well, if that's the case, why he constantly apologizes for being late? In Brazil he apologized in every concert.

Well, if that's the case, why he constantly apologizes for being late? In Brazil he apologized in every concert.

Why apologise in every concert? Why not just get yourself together, and get on stage on time instead of thinking 'fuck those waiting, I am Axl Rose. If they want me, they must wait until I am ready'

Oh My God. How could I possibly know if what is the REAL source and know if it's a reliable source?

Maybe you could start reading the title?

"Da Bang Music, em Londres"

Then you should do some google research about the publication?

www.google.com

After that, you would may know that's NOT from Bang Music, but from The Sun....

So you could do some google research again for the sun, but this is optional. I think you know what "The Sun" often does

Edited by ChrisMaciel

I know you're still a young kid still, but I am sure at some point in your life by now you have to have heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words."