Tommy getting fed up??

youngunner

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose.

Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage before 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.

saw that at the bar

Edited by youngunner

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15243

There is the link.

Tommy is not dumb, unlike some around here he is starting to realize that by continuing to come on late it increases the likelihood of there being some sort of issue at a show be it piss bottles, promoters pulling the plug, or fans treating the band like shit the first part of the show.

It has to get tiresome dealing with all of the unnecessary drama when there is such an easy solution to all of the problems so readily available, but one member of the band refuses to implement it.

Ive always had mixed emotions about Tommy. Im sure he ll stick it out though. If he does leave this new band is dead and Ill have very little interest. I remember Axl making a comment to Tommy at the first Hammerstein show that insinuated Tommy was on the fence with the band/him.

Im sick n tired of hearing about this late start bullshit. Dont go see the hsow if you cant handle waiting and hour or so. SImple as that. Anything over 2 hrs is crazy but an hour an change is fine. Stop the whining.

False.

Tommy and Axl were chatting on stage, and he even took the Mic to calm things down.

Bunch of shit.

yes its bullshit, how could these clowns hear what was up, think they may have mixed things up that tommy may have been angry yes but at the hooligans not the singer

False.

Tommy and Axl were chatting on stage, and he even took the Mic to calm things down.

Bunch of shit.

yes its bullshit, how could these clowns hear what was up, think they may have mixed things up that tommy may have been angry yes but at the hooligans not the singer

Im sure Tommy has had countless arguments with Axl over the years. True or not, it makes you realize that if there is one guy in the band who is irreplaceable its TOmmy. Axl better make sure he never bolts like RObin.

Im sick n tired of hearing about this late start bullshit. Dont go see the hsow if you cant handle waiting and hour or so. SImple as that.

I KNOW, RIGHT???!! Maybe it's just me... maybe I'm a "fanboy" or a "super fan" or whatever, but one thing I know is this: when Guns N' Roses are in town, TIME STOPS. There IS NO TIME. The only time that exists is "Guns N' Roses time." I don't care about work... some stupid girlfriend... traffic in the morning... traffic after the show... what the local DJs or writers are saying about the show... what time they lock up the parking garage where I'm parked... NONE OF THAT SHIT. The only thing I care about are when the lights go down and when I hear Axl finish with, "GOOD!! --- FUCKIN!!! --- NIIIIGHT!!!!" Because that's exactly what it most likely was: a GOOD FUCKING NIGHT. In my world, Guns N' Roses are the greatest band to ever exist. Axl is the greatest singer to ever live. I don't give a damn whether they start on time or 2 or 3 or 4 hours late. If it means being late to work the next day because GN'R are still in the middle of Paradise City, or Madagascar, or Nightrain... well then I guess I'll have to deal with HR.

rock4 rock4 rock4

Sounds like B.S. to me - remember Tommy was the one who, in the past, took the mic and threatened that the band would leave if people didn't stop throwing shit.

And as someone else said, how could anyone hear shit?

it was supposedly backstage after the show. So if it was said, Im sure it was heard. If it was said, Im sure the context of the argument was more of starting on time to prevent the crowd from being hostile and not the actual on stage warnings

Sounds like B.S. to me - remember Tommy was the one who, in the past, took the mic and threatened that the band would leave if people didn't stop throwing shit.

Could be bullshit, but it could very well be true, much like the story about the chicken coop in the studio(which Beta did confirm) and "aura readings"(which Tom Zutant confirmed). Who knows though. One thing i will say that if Tommy leaves it will certainly NOT be the end of the band. He is just a bass player after all, an average one of that. Im not bashing him but there are better bass players out there like Rob Trujilo from Metallica. The only person who will end the band by leaving is Axl. Hell Robin and Bucket had very prominent roles in the sound of the band and the band has carried on without them. So Tommy leads the band during rehearsal, big deal, im sure the rest of the band are going to stop collecting their very nice pay cheques because of Tommy leaving...

False.

Bunch of shit.

Im sure Tommy has had countless arguments with Axl over the years. True or not, it makes you realize that if there is one guy in the band who is irreplaceable its TOmmy. Axl better make sure he never bolts like RObin.

The only one that's not replaceable is Axl

band has moved on when others left buckethead, brain, robin

But I think Tommy's not leaving

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

more BS

remember that one article about EDM, where it said Tommy was pissed at Axl for his comments about the band?

"Eagles of Death Metal were a suggestion of mine a while ago. Turns out they were the wrong band for our crowd. They were booed and did not play for as long as they were scheduled to. ... In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me... yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about."

Edited by RJ88

Could be bullshit, but it could very well be true, much like the story about the chicken coop in the studio(which Beta did confirm) and "aura readings"(which Tom Zutant confirmed). Who knows though. One thing i will say that if Tommy leaves it will certainly NOT be the end of the band. He is just a bass player after all, an average one of that. Im not bashing him but there are better bass players out there like Rob Trujilo from Metallica. The only person who will end the band by leaving is Axl. Hell Robin and Bucket had very prominent roles in the sound of the band and the band has carried on without them. So Tommy leads the band during rehearsal, big deal, im sure the rest of the band are going to stop collecting their very nice pay cheques because of Tommy leaving...

Like I said, I have mixed emotions about Tommy but he is the one who holds this thing together. What is the point of carrying on without him. Its already lame that the lead guitarists dont play songs they wrote....old or new. You can only keep carrying on with newer members for so long. Why do you think this band hasnt taken off over the past decade. The avg rock n roll fan cant name 1 dam player outside of Axl. There is no continuity. Cant expect people to buy into new faces every tour. Not going to work.

the only one that's not replaceable is Axl

the band has moved on when others left buckethead, brain, robin

lame response.

Edited by youngunner

Tooooóo funny. Anytime that anything negative is reported about the band, people on this forum claim its all lies, and that the media is out to destroy Axl. Grown adults around the world have made it their mission in life to bring down Axl Rose.

Tooooóo funny. Anytime that anything negative is reported about the band, people on this forum claim its all lies, and that the media is out to destroy Axl. Grown adults around the world have made it their mission in life to bring down Axl Rose.

This current band seems to be tearing it up. No need for it to be thrown away over stupidity. And that is coming from someone who rather see the 2002 lineup. But if this band plays like veryone says they are and they can make an album together and stick thinsg out for awhile and do some basic things then Im all for this train to keep rolling

"That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

Is that all we have?

If so what does that have to do with Tommy even questioning leaving GNR?

Good point.

At what point in this does Tommy even say he is THINKING about quitting? How does the reporter draw that conclusion from this set of quotes?

Ali

False.

Bunch of shit.

Im sure Tommy has had countless arguments with Axl over the years. True or not, it makes you realize that if there is one guy in the band who is irreplaceable

True dat.

Axl should call him.