Where is GNR management?

Kaneda

The past couple of weeks have been a PR nightmare for Guns. They had so much great momentum after those surprise gigs in the states and the Canadian/Latin American tour. But Europe is exploding on the launch pad. I'm a little confused as to why people think after all these years Axl Rose is going to take the stage on time. It doesn't happen. Period. In fact, the only time I think I ever saw him on stage ON TIME was December 5, 2002 at Madison Square Garden. I think Axl knew that show was maybe the most important to get right in his life, and he nailed it (course tour ended the next day, oh well). But these European fans are such fucking cry babies it's incredible. Why go see GNR just to boo them and throw shit. But regardless, if that's the environment, GNR management needs to step in and make sure they protect the band and Axl by ensuring they take the stage on time. Especially at these festivals where people have been drinking all day long. It's one thing to be patient while sober, but when drunk, the fuses are real short.

GNR is a strange entity. The qualities that make them so exciting and unpredictable also make them predictable and annoying at the same time. It's like, you know you're going to suffer at a show, you just don't know how much. But here's the catch. Back in the day, they ruled the world and the shows were out of this world, so they could get away with torturing fans for hours before they kicked off. While they still put on an amazing show, it's not the same level of explosiveness as before, nor does the band rule the music world like they once did. Yet, they hours they make fans wait hasn't changed. I think the band needs to start compromising a bit, especially with these lame ass European cry babies. New York City would never cry because we had to stay up past our bedtime. But we all know the only manager Axl Rose has is Axl Rose. I'm cool with that and I would wait hours to see them, but most concert goers aren't die hards like us. I really think GNR should forget these big stadium tours and take it smaller and play to their die hard community, get a new album out, and just become the world's greatest under-ground mystery. Like, "Where will GNR play next, nobody knows, but if you catch it, it will be the best show of your life..." Take it back to the roots for a bit. Once concert at CBGB created so much more buzz and excitement than these big european festivals that serve only to drag this band through the mud. That being said, I hope to catch one of their shows in Europe this fall, I just hope the tour doesn't get canned soon. Come on guys, you can do it!

by all accounts, including axls recent tweets, management is non existent, and has been basically since the asian tour.

As for us European 'cry babies', who you and others claim are aware of the late start times, may i point out that out of all the people who go to the shows over the period of the tour, few of them read/look at the forums, especially when you consider Gn'R doesnt even have a real, official forum, and so not everyone will know about the late starts. I was at boththe Reading and Leeds shows, both festivals had turnout in the area of 80,000 people roughly, i believe. those figures alone exceed the amount of people registered on this forum and others (and thats including people who register then never post). And so when you consider that Guns play to hundreds of thousands of people during an EU tour, only a minority will really know Gn'Rs true track record. most people expect them to be on at the appointed time. Rightfully so. it's not cool or 'rock n' roll' to keep your audience waiting so long

please, GNR has ALWAYS took to the stage late. As far as I'm concerned, if you go to a GNR show and are shocked by this, you're a fool. You can't deny that European crowds are far more abusive and destructive than US crowds. Look at English soccer fans for christ-sake. Bottom line is this, the promoters need to be smart and just say the GNR show is going to start an hour later than planned. GIve people time to, you know, grab a hot dog.

please, GNR has ALWAYS took to the stage late. As far as I'm concerned, if you go to a GNR show and are shocked by this, you're a fool. You can't deny that European crowds are far more abusive and destructive than US crowds. Look at English soccer fans for christ-sake. Bottom line is this, the promoters need to be smart and just say the GNR show is going to start an hour later than planned. GIve people time to, you know, grab a hot dog.

Seriously you are gonna claim that US crowds are more responsive to the band than European crowds?, if so you are full of shit.It is well known the band prefer Europe because of the crowds.Compare European dates to US dates the band chose in the last six years and it is clear where they prefer to be.As for the soccer fan comment, not every fan of soccer is a hooligan hell bent on havoc .Perhaps we could work out locations of the riots at GnR shows and guess which continents fans are the most agressive?!

If the promoters said the band would be an hour late they would show up 3 hours late :rofl-lol:

Personally i don't mind the lateness, i grab a beer and mingle but for others with travel and accommodation plans it can cut things short

Wasn't Doc Mcghee their current manager?! There was even pictures of Axl sitting down with Doc and video footage of the two after the Kiss shows...

We are in the midst of a Global Recession. This might have flown in 1991 when tickets were cheaper, the economy was healthier and Guns N' Roses were the biggest band on the Planet.

Things have changed. 20,000 or so people spent a day's wages to see you perform. Money they earned by showing up on time for work every day.

I don't blame them for being annoyed.

Big acts are cancelling tours all over because the demand is down. Axl should be G R A T E F U L for his fans.

No US promoter wants any of Axl's act these days. Not a one.

You couldn't be more wrong. For the right price/tour many promoters will step up. Keep in mind that Live Nation promoted some of the Candian and Euro shows. The Euro shows, while controlversial, have been selling extremely well. Promoters care only about the bottom line, and there are plenty of them around.

No US promoter wants any of Axl's act these days. Not a one.

You couldn't be more wrong. For the right price/tour many promoters will step up. Keep in mind that Live Nation promoted some of the Candian and Euro shows. The Euro shows, while controlversial, have been selling extremely well. Promoters care only about the bottom line, and there are plenty of them around.

That's Europe & Canada, not the USA. Here in the USA bands are scaling back & some even cancelling tours because tickets arent selling. Take the fact that GnR charges close to $90 a ticket (including service fees), and only fills about half the arena (not even in some areas), and have a bad rep with late starts, Axl tantrums, etc.. I think it's safe to say no US promoter is gonna touch them for a full tour. Maybe a 1 off gig here & there like Sturgis, but a full tour, doubtful.

i think beta booked this tour. i think this is 100% team axl.

What makes ya think that?

management has been a revolving door, MIA at times, axl has gone on tour without management, there is only 1 constant, beta and "team axl" (the lebias family, del, ect), they always seem to be there when no one else is (asia). just a theory, right or wrong.

also, pure speculation, i think beta is one of few who can get through to axl and make things work, get him back on stage for instance.

without beta im not sure a tour is happening. im not sure she booked it, but she is definitely making it happen.

please, GNR has ALWAYS took to the stage late.

And it was never right for them to do that.

That is the bottom line.

Yeah, and rock n roll always has been and always will be about "doing what's right"... I mean, who the hell does Axl think he is, not acting like a devout christian priest whose morals prevail over his desires, attitude and direction. That fucking prick should go to a confession booth and repent these sins for the power of the holly ghost compels him to!

A8R