Guns N' Roses is the best live act with Muse

D..

Let me put this bluntly: Guns N' Roses is the BEST live act in the rock music today along with Muse (who used to be the best these last years but sadly sold their souls and became an industry).

There is NOTHING that you can say to attack the live performance of this band.

Facts:

1) Axl sings GREAT and better than in the last 10 years. The press is totally disgusted that he got his voice back because they liked to trash him down because of his "high pitch 2002 voice". Problem: they can't do it anymore, he sings almost as good as in the 80's.

2) The combination of those 3 guitarists are one of the best ever in a lineup. What other band in the world has as many talents at the same time on stage? Almost none. DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot and Richard Fortus do the job like no one else and NO ONE can use "lack of soul" lame excuse or "lack of blues" or "sloppy act" anymore.

3) Is there anything bad to say about the keyboard master, the drummer, the synth guy and the bassist? Nope, they all rock, Dizzy, Frank, Chris and Tommy are TIGHT.

4) The show is fucking awesome, the stage rules and Axl masters the place like no one else on earth.

5) These guys have the balls to do whatever the fuck they want, nobody else does it these days.

There's virtually NOTHING wrong with the show they are putting down, it's a 5/5 HANDS DOWN. Anyone else saying otherwise is biased.

Now, the bashers (the press and some other retards) use the "they came on stage late" argument to trash the band. This is retarded. It's not a valid argument, GNR have always been that way.

Stop being so negative and enjoy the quality. Otherwise we'll get more shit live bands spawning like Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon and so many others poor bands that get nice reviews because they are "nice guys", you see they bend over their ass, the industry and the system fucks them in the back and they ask for more!

p.s: this is the post of the demon! hell yeah!

Edited by D..

I've seen Muse. They give a great performance there is no denying that. I'm not much of a fan of their music though, but I admire their dedication.

I will ( hopefully :confused: ) see GnR two weeks from now for final verdict.

The best concert I've ever been to was Peter Gabriel's "Growing Up" tour in Nice. Holy shit, what a performance.

This is why I am so personally disheartened by all the negativity. The show is fucking awesome, the whole time I watched the belfast gig I couldnt believe how perfect it was. But it's sad in a way because it gets hidden under all the controversy and axl stigma. So now with the Dublin incident, I fear the show will never get the appreciation it truly deserves. This place doesn't help either. I'm a fan of the band I don't want to hate on the members. But any chance people get they look for conspiracies, petty criticisms or choose to believe badly written nonsense over facts. When some genuine disaster like Dublin happens all the wolves get ready to pounce out of some sick joy at the expense of the people who are genuinely disappointed at what happened.

Edited by steveysham

For the most part i agree but being critical of the bands lateness does not make me a basher.I think being so late is wrong but i also think for those that can handle it, its beyond worth the wait.Im happy enough waiting while gently stewing myself in various types of alcohol while figuring out a way to get a smoke with out being hassled but most people now will happily ruin the show they pay for because of the band being late.I don't think this would have been as big an issue had it not been brought to the public's attention at festivals.

Not everybody at a festival is there for the head-liner and quite a lot dislike the GnR reputation so need very little excuse to kick off, that has now carried to GnR gigs when previously people were fucking angry right up until the opening cords of WTTJ or CD, then all was forgotten for the most part.If the waiting is not an issue i believe you get to see one of the finest if not finest live acts to have ever performed, the value for money is unquestionable.The really sad part is most of us genuinly want this band to be the best it can but forces are preventing it, regardless of your thoughts on what forces they are that is incredibly sad

Anyone been to a recent show? The negativity coming from Bumblefoot and Axl definitely made the show less enjoyable. But Id definitely say that Aerosmith is putting on much better shows. I saw both bands in the last few weeks and I can definitely say that Aerosmith put on a better show.

I'm a die hard fan, bu that doesnt blind me to see the truth; Faith No More are the Kings for the Day(Patton IS GOD), Suicidal Tendencies(a must see, must!) is the total mayhem, Slayer/Megadeth are the real metal militia, Dire Straits and Elton John touches the heart, but GNR is the real thing, the best performance I eva seen was GNR Istanbul 93 (we even had Izzy) and 06 Istanbul was not very different from that. Axl is everything you can hope for to see on stage, and each second of it is the truth, no show.

I really cant understand, and will neva understand why people are soooo into the "late" shit. What is more important? Who gives a flying fuck to the life after a GNR gig? You'll always have your life there, your job,your school, your obligations,responsibilities,your slavery,but you wont have the GNR in front of you the next day. Yeah,you'll wait,you'll have your legs of a corpse paying off the standing, but is it really important? Cant you be able to stay awake for the next day? It's hilarious.

I have seen Guns a few times and they do put on a strong show. But I would have to say the best performance by far of any of the 100s of bands that I have seen is NIN, followed closely by Radiohead.

To the OP, have you ever seen the Arcade Fire live? They put on a great show.

This is spot on, all I see is moaning about

a. Lateness

b. Axl's apprearance

There was a time where rock n' roll was about recklessness, breaking rules, and was generally an ugly, dirty business. Nowadays everyone has to be on time and a 50 year old man should be performing and looking exactly the same as when he was 20? Give me a break.

I've yet to read one respectable review of the actual music / performance. That's sad.

As to whoever it was above who's yacking about Axl's / Bumble's negativity - I was at Reading and they were both having the time of their lives, Axl cracking jokers and such. Even when they were cut off Axl had a grin on his face as he tried to rouse the crowd and conduct them singing. Was great fun.

Edited by mutherfunker

Muse's music is fucking awesome, what are you on? Try those tracks: Dead Star, Citizen Erased, Hypermusic, Dark Shines, Stockholm Syndrome, Fury, Eternally Missed and try to tell me it's trash.

This is spot on, all I see is moaning about

a. Lateness

b. Axl's apprearance

There was a time where rock n' roll was about recklessness, breaking rules, and was generally an ugly, dirty business. Nowadays everyone has to be on time and a 50 year old man should be performing and looking exactly the same as when he was 20? Give me a break.

I've yet to read one respectable review of the actual music / performance. That's sad.

As to whoever it was above who's yacking about Axl's / Bumble's negativity - I was at Reading and they were both having the time of their lives, Axl cracking jokers and such. Even when they were cut off Axl had a grin on his face as he tried to rouse the crowd and conduct them singing. Was great fun.

Exactly mate. I'm really pissed off by bashers and moaners lately. I've met GNR fans and sadly they don't come on the forum much. Those guys are the real deal and know the quality of this band.

Muse seem to have a real grandeur live- their light show and stage sets are much more imaginative and pioneering than GnRs-who take a more straight forward approach to their stage show with the pyro and screen shows.

Give Muse their due- they are the only band to have sold out the New wembley Stadium 4 times if you include the 2 Haarp gigs and this years 2 shows

I'm huge fans of both bands.

If i had to choose a band a would choose Guns n roses hands down as i grew up with them but as for choosing a live stage show-that would be harder.

I see Muse @ Wembley stadium next week and then Gnr 4 weeks later-it's 1 hell of a start to the autumn comparing the 2!! :thumbsup:

Edited by juadlu

Muse put on a hell of a show when I saw them. Even The Resistance sounded awesome when it was live.

Knights Of Cydonia with 45,000 people singing the chorus-fuck yeah.

I might see U2 in November, I don't like their music but apparently the show is a must see.

How can muse be good live if their music is complete trash?

Thats your personal view based on your musical taste not an actual true statement is it? Not everyone has the same musical tastes and wether you like the music or not-they ARE 1 of the worlds biggest live acts at the moment.

Muse put on a hell of a show when I saw them. Even The Resistance sounded awesome when it was live.

I might see U2 in November, I don't like their music but apparently the show is a must see.

Knights of Cydonia is always my high point-i never get tierd of shouting the chorus at the end! first time i saw that song performed live-Muse had me in the palm of their hands! -I'll never forget it!!

U2-can't fucking stand them-but I know their shows have a good rep-I'd go if i was given a free ticket! :lol:

Knights of Cydonia is always my high point-i never get tierd of shouting the chorus at the end! first time i saw that song performed live-Muse had me in the palm of their hands! -I'll never forget it!!

U2-can't fucking stand them-but I know their shows have a good rep-I'd go if i was given a free ticket! :lol:

Yeah Knights of Cydonia is awesome but my only problem with Muse in 2010 is that they softened live... I have seen them live for almost ten years now (first time was in 2001 during the OOS tour, fucking mindblowing, I recommand you the Hullabaloo DVD - still their best DVD hands down, the Wembley dvd sucked balls as they didn't put the complete show and the editing was boring and still their best live era) and their music & style was much more agressive and straightforward in 2001 than now.

I can see how one can appreciate the huge light show & costumes & displays, but personally I prefer GNR stage, simple but so powerful with all the fire. Bellamy is a fucking great musician but it was more magic 9 or 7 years ago, when he threw in rare tracks or b-sides (they are the only band in the world who has some b-sides that are better than 50% of their albums) in the setlist along with a more balanced piano/guitar set (now he only plays about two songs on piano and I find it too bad considering the amount of songs he composed on piano).

Anyway, for me they were the best live act, until I saw Guns N' Roses live three months ago, I saw GNR and Muse the same month and Muse appeared kind of boring next to them, really. However, if I had to compare 2001 Muse with 2010 GNR, I'd probably pick Muse. They used to be fucking huge, but now they got commercial and kind of boring.

Yes-Hulabaloo was my favourite era too :thumbsup: - i love that DVD and the music was so original back then. I get what you mean about the commercial thing but unfortunatly thats what can come from huge chart success.That along with the whole Twighlight soundtrack thing has made Muse more accessable and the fan base gets younger year after year.

I don't think their music is getting weaker in any way-they still take risks and do their own thing regardless. it would be nice for them to pare it down occasionally as they are so capable of doing simplicity on stage -one of the most powerful performances i have ever seen was this 1- Showbiz-live in Paris-just a small stage and crowd.

I'm wondering if they will shake up their setlist for wembley this year?

Yes-Hulabaloo was my favourite era too :thumbsup: - i love that DVD and the music was so original back then. I get what you mean about the commercial thing but unfortunatly thats what can come from huge chart success.That along with the whole Twighlight soundtrack thing has made Muse more accessable and the fan base gets younger year after year.

I don't think their music is getting weaker in any way-they still take risks and do their own thing regardless. it would be nice for them to pare it down occasionally as they are so capable of doing simplicity on stage -one of the most powerful performances i have ever seen was this 1- Showbiz-live in Paris-just a small stage and crowd.

I'm wondering if they will shake up their setlist for wembley this year?

Yeah Showbiz in Paris was awesome, they stopped playing it around 2004 here if I recall. Too bad cos I LOVE that song.

I doubt they'll change the setlist for wembley, they'll probably get Citizen Erased and butterflies& hurricanes but I doubt any huge surprise like Can't take my eyes off of you or dead star (played both in japan this year, man!!).

However we did get one great surprise in Paris in june, I belong to you, possibly my favourite song from the last album.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the last album a lot, it's nice to know they're a versatile band who explores a lot, but I'd like more variation in the setlist, more accurately, I'd like them to remember where they came from and include at least three showbiz songs in a show (I'd love Uno and Showbiz to be back in the set).

I was given a free ticket to U2 and they were amazing. I don't really like their music but boy were they good live, a must see