I don't even understand why the F*** you even care

burden

I don't understand why forum members get so upset about events that have zero impact on them or their lives. Who cares if Axl went on late in Reading, Leeds, Dublin, etc. and the fans their were upset. The only people that should have any passionate opinion should be the people that went to these shows. Yet I see crazy and wild comments attacking Axl and the band. Why do you care? Why are you even a fan if it is so upsetting to you that someone goes on stage at 11 PM instead of 9 PM? It's bizarre.

I think people are angry because they really like the band and want them to do well.

When you see someone you want to do well being self-sabotaging you become frustrated,

and make angry posts.

The level of anger is actually related to how much people like the band. People apathetic about the band

wouldn't post here.

I was at Reading and Leeds.

I enforce my right to discuss said gigs...

But yeah, theres no harm discussing shows/events with the band, even if you weren't there.It's like saying you can't moan about a football team for losing a match you didn't go to

Edited by seely

i think it's funny.

also, it's really hard to find people who still care about axl and the new band. all my "real world" friends gave up on axl a decade ago. so if i want to talk to someone about my favorite trainwreck reality show, i pretty much have to go online.

Same. I have one friend who's into GN'R as much as me out of all my friends and knows about the new band/Chinese Democracy stuff e.t.c.

For all other discussions, online is the only option...

i've seen alot on this board but this is by far the most ridiculous!

its like several others say. for the same reason you care about your favorite team loosing a match you didn't go to.

i comment because i care, and because this is my favorite band.

you are just as dumb as you say we are. why do you bother posting here if you don't care? :thumbsup:

Why do you care why do we care ? :fuckyou:

There was a time I wanted them to succeed because they are my favourite band despite all the bullshit.

Now I don't care anymore because it's clear to me that unless there is a DEEP change in attitude, which won't happen, this band will not be as successful as it potentially could.

Fine, if Axl is happy with the current state of his career, so be it. He's making more money being an ass than most of us will in our entire lives doing our jobs properly.

However, I care because I'm suppposed to travel my whole country on september 13th to see Ron Thal, DJ Ashba, Tommy Sinson, Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman and Frank Ferrer do a show and I don't want to waste money I've earned working for quite a while in a fiasco similar to what happenned the other day.

Happy now ?

I don't understand why forum members get so upset about events that have zero impact on them or their lives. Who cares if Axl went on late in Reading, Leeds, Dublin, etc. and the fans their were upset. The only people that should have any passionate opinion should be the people that went to these shows. Yet I see crazy and wild comments attacking Axl and the band. Why do you care? Why are you even a fan if it is so upsetting to you that someone goes on stage at 11 PM instead of 9 PM? It's bizarre.

Why do people feel the need to throw crap on stage after being warned to stop, and why should people pay money to see a show that starts late and might last 2 or 3 songs? Why do people feel the need to incite violence at a concert?

The people who are thinking about going to see GNR in the future read these articles about Axl cutting yet another concert short and won't bother going. That could easily be a couple of thousand people a night staying home because they're discouraged from going to see GNR. How much does a night out at a concert cost when you add it all up, a couple of hundred, to spend 3 plus hours in a hockey rink wolfing down overpriced hot dogs and drinking overpriced sodas or beer, waiting around for a show that might not last 10 minutes because some doofus decided to be disruptive? Arenas aren't exactly the most comfortable places to enjoy music as it is.... what they call "bleacher seats" if you wound up with nosebleeds are basically sitting your ass on concrete... or wind up sitting next to some sweaty dude who reeks big time, and having to wait. Then you're going back to the concession stand because you're bored and thirsty.

When the shows get positive reviews, people hear about that and become interested in seeing the shows. And of course you have people who weren't around for the 86-93 era that will get to hear the music played live for the first time. At least in 91-93 GNR played anywhere and everywhere, and if they blew one show, you were prob. able to go to the next leg of the tour that came around, and for a lot less money at that time.

What makes one a "fan", and if they criticize the band for any reason, that makes them no longer a fan?

Why does a forum exist if everyone's going to be on the same page? Thought this was about debates, disputes, likes, and dislikes.

For the same reason you care when your team looses a match.

Short, sweet and straight to the point. Good call:thumbsup:

What I was going to post would have reached the same conclusion so I'll just elaborate on it a bit.

The comparison that ManetsBR is making is a very good one, in comparing GNR fans to a fans of any particular given sports team. They're our fav band, so we follow their current events just like any sports fan would follow the current events of their fav team. It's only perfectly understandable that we'll be angry if something negative happens and happy if something positive happens. The OP is kinda dumb.

A8R

I think most people just want a load of mediocre bands which punch a clock on the way to the stage. Puppets that they can throw bottles before they have go back to the grind. Put the bitterness aside for one night and enjoy the show

..because some find It So Easy, to get 'upset'

Don't Damn Me, or anyone else for getting 'upset'

I try to imagine an AC/DC board.

"Friday's Gig Official Thread" = "Saturday's Gig Official Thread" = "Sunday's Gig Official Thread"...

I'm glad I'm fan of a band that always has something happenig.

Wow. The amount of activity that has happened in the past 15 years is equal to like 2 years for any other band. To say something is always happening with GNR is ridiculous. Complete silence and rampant speculation for the better part of 15 years is definitely not my idea of something always happening. Also, all the gigs are running together now. Its the same setlist every night now with the only change being Axl's attitude getting worse with about every show.

I try to imagine an AC/DC board.

"Friday's Gig Official Thread" = "Saturday's Gig Official Thread" = "Sunday's Gig Official Thread"...

I'm glad I'm fan of a band that always has something happenig.

Wow. The amount of activity that has happened in the past 15 years is equal to like 2 years for any other band. To say something is always happening with GNR is ridiculous. Complete silence and rampant speculation for the better part of 15 years is definitely not my idea of something always happening. Also, all the gigs are running together now. Its the same setlist every night now with the only change being Axl's attitude getting worse with about every show.

There's always that chance of nothing happening with GNR. I think that's what Manets was getting at. Every other band is workmanlike in comparison.

Edited by ITW 2012