Mick Wall Weighs in on GNR situation in New Article

Naupis

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be argued that when Axl refuses to come onstage until he’s good and ready, tells anyone who tries to impose their will on him to fuck off – including his own band, record company, managers, whoever – that it’s a simple manifestation of the philosophy he and I and a whole generation of others like us grew up believing in. That rock was something you needed to have the right juju to conjure up. Some found it through drugs, sex, black magic, or combos thereof. Whatever gets you through the night, as we used to say back in the very long day and even longer night.

The trouble is, that was then and this is now. And it’s one thing to want to sex-up your act, recharge the vibe, so that you can bring it to the people when you finally hit the stage. But when the magic backfires and all you do is piss off the ones that love you most – the fans – then something is very badly wrong.

I think he articulated this part really well.

You might wanna chill before your the next mod to go...if axl sees this he's gonna FLIP on you, then you're out next. Right with that cancer Madison

eh, seems like he's saying pretty much the same thing most people on the forum say. it was cool and dangerous that he used to go on late, but times have changed. don't see why everyone's so upset by it.

People don't want things to change because Axl seems to be the last man in rock who won't give in to the almighty dollar in the now 'traditional' sense. He does his things his way and always has. I for one completely support this. I'm so sick of seeing shit like Aerosmith for the last year, at each others throats in the press, always on the verge of breaking up but staying together for the mula...oh sorry, 'the fans....mula'!

At least with Axl's attitude you can take it or leave it, he doesn't seem too concerned if you come back or not.

I say this begrudgingly, but that article was pretty spot on.

It was except the part where he bashes the current lineup and says he should call slash...like it or not this band kicks ass, and gives the old lineup a run for its money. That's the cold hard truth. There's no reason for axl to call slash or any original member up until he's in a position where he's able to commit to the original lineup...if ever, If it never happens oh well we move on. Life goes on.

But at the same time...a lot of people in here are clearly closer to siding with mick wall due to frustration with Axl. Yet all you people bitch and bitch and keep coming back to this forum.

Axl Rose is arguably the greatest frontman of all time...and he does not need the original lineup. But he does need to start showing up on time before something AWFUL happens..and I'm talking about someone getting hit in the head with a bottle or seriously injured, or another riot, or worse...if it can get worse. I just wish he would show up on time. Other than that he can do whatever the fuck he wants he can fuck beta for all I care JUST SHOW UP

Mick can suck Ashba's dick now:

jtt57b.jpg

It could be argued that when Axl refuses to come onstage until he’s good and ready, tells anyone who tries to impose their will on him to fuck off – including his own band, record company, managers, whoever – that it’s a simple manifestation of the philosophy he and I and a whole generation of others like us grew up believing in. That rock was something you needed to have the right juju to conjure up. Some found it through drugs, sex, black magic, or combos thereof. Whatever gets you through the night, as we used to say back in the very long day and even longer night.

The trouble is, that was then and this is now. And it’s one thing to want to sex-up your act, recharge the vibe, so that you can bring it to the people when you finally hit the stage. But when the magic backfires and all you do is piss off the ones that love you most – the fans – then something is very badly wrong.

Wow, although lately I can't say i am shocked with all the anti-GNR sentiment here.

Mick Wall: Not an insider

gunsguy: Insider

The difference is: gunsguy would never sell-out Axl Rose like that.

I have gotten a few emails from various places asking about Axl or the band, I always reply the same way "FUCK OFF!" I would never discuss anything to do with anything about guns with anyone in the media or any kind

And he hasn't let it go to his head :thumbsup:

Axl is an insane narcissist. His actions used to be interpreted as "rock n' roll" in the 80's-90's because the band was so fuckin awesome. He never did these things because it was "cool".,he did these things because he's a fuckin psycho. The man is mentally screwed up ( childhood trauma). He never received the help he needed and things only became worse when the Brazilian family entered his life.

Does Axl spend nights searching the internet for mentions of his name?? Absolutely he does. He used to post at GNRonline back in the late 90's. He also called out a couple of messageboard posters by name( Renato and Xozi) in a rant from Rock in Rio 3. That is embarrassing.

The man helped make GNR the greatest band in the world, but he is also responsible for making it the biggest joke in the music business. I don't think there is another legendary band in Rock n' Roll history that has had a fall like this. It is sad and pathetic.

Me too. I had this insight only yesterday. The underlying conflict of it all seems to be that the audience is expected to accept the new GNR lineup, while Axl seems to have trouble to accept the 2010 audience mentality which has changed since the 80s, too. The audiences and his non-conformist attitude don't go together so easily anymore if it comes to late show starts. :(

I was thinking oh dear before clicking on this thread but to be fair this is a good article. As for axl searching the Internet for his name...WTF?

please tell me you do not believe anything this jabroni is saying?

Actually, this isn't the first time it was reported that Axl does this. Someone else said before (I think Rolling Stone reported it in that old article from a decade or so ago) that Axl would sit in bed surfing the Internet on his laptop looking to see what was being said about him. Is it that surprising? Even when he finally made his appearance here, he referenced users and their posting histories which certainly seemed indicative that he was familiar with who was saying what here over the years.

umm no, this rumor is solely perpetrated by Mick Wall, sorry.

Me too. I had this insight only yesterday. The underlying conflict of it all seems to be that the audience is expected to accept the new GNR lineup, while Axl seems to have trouble to accept the 2010 audience mentality which has changed since the 80s, too. The audiences and his non-conformist attitude don't go together so easily anymore if it comes to late show starts. :(

The same people who are saying "Axl, don't come late anymore, it isn't the 80s/90s anymore" are the same crying for a return to the 80s/90s with a reunion.....

The same people who are saying "Axl, don't come late anymore, it isn't the 80s/90s anymore" are the same crying for a return to the 80s/90s with a reunion.....

Yeah, because they wana see him with Slash, on time...

Mick Wall brings up a lot of good points in the article.

'Or better still, calls Slash…'

Good call. The thing is, Slash has been there, done that, put up with Axl, as the current 'hired hands' are doing.

Doubt Slash would ever want to join forces with Axl Rose again, especially after all the things Axl has called Slash over the past few years.

Slash has a great album out at the moment, is on the road touring, and is with a lead singer who can really sing :thumbsup:

Edited by star

and is with a lead singer who can really sing :thumbsup:

You mean that guy who is trying to desperately to mimic Axl's voice instead of using his own?

Myles Kennedy sounds nothing like Axl Rose.

Myles Kennedy sings without the straining aspect Axl puts his voice though.

When Myles Kennedy sings, I can't detect any additional sound FX, that Axl appears so keen on, more so these days.

You mean that guy who is trying to desperately to mimic Axl's voice instead of using his own?

You mean he is trying to sound like Axl on a GNR song, or Scott on a VR song......shocking I tell you. That is like bitching about the New GNR guitarists trying to sound like Slash on a GNR song because it is what it calls for.

Myles Kennedy sounds nothing like Axl Rose.

If you can't hear how badly the guy is trying to sound like 80's Axl you need your ears examined.

You mean he is trying to sound like Axl on a GNR song, or Scott on a VR song......shocking I tell you. That is like bitching about the New GNR guitarists trying to sound like Slash on a GNR song because it is what it calls for.

Yes, because Axl for example was so obviously trying to mimic Elvis when he covered Heartbreak Hotel...

Get real. Myles is an unoriginal hack who can't add anything original to the songs. Good voice and he's not out of breath when singing like Axl often is these days but I've seen both in person and Axl's voice has a power that Myles wouldn't be able to match in his wet dreams.

As it happens, you're wrong in this. :) The crucial point remains that the fantastic performance GNR delivers on this tour is not enough for success if situations like Dublin continue to happen. It is bound to end in tears one night. I don't want that for the guys. I also want Axl to remain true to himself. But it seems to lead to disaster at the moment, and it scares me for them, that's all.

Edited by Granny

So why is axl late? That's the only point he's making and I don't get?

Slight mental issues. Its no big secret. It comes down to issues.

Everything must feel right before taking to the stage, atleast for one band member.