Axl is the most relevant man in rock.

Axl Knows

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While it may be unpopular in here right now, im embarrassed to be a fan of this band, not for the music but for the childish fucking bullshit.Sorry im an adult and kind of expect adults to act like adults, my bad :rolleyes:

On an un-related note, it has been 15 months since this band used its own website to update fans, or even chuck out some news or media like most bands do :rofl-lol:

We'll see about that actually. I know tons of people who are desperate to get tickets for the upcoming shows.

Stop lying, you don't know tons of people - clearly nobody likes you.

From my experience people who make these types of comments are typically pathetic insecure little losers with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

We'll see about that actually. I know tons of people who are desperate to get tickets for the upcoming shows.

Stop lying, you don't know tons of people - clearly nobody likes you.

From my experience people who make these types of comments are typically pathetic insecure little losers with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

It may well be true, you may know a lot of people that would kill to see this band, its just a shame that so many wouldn't take the chance on seeing a great live band for fear of the usual happening.Despite differing views we all want the band to be a success and reach as many people as possible don't we?!

It may well be true, you may know a lot of people that would kill to see this band, its just a shame that so many wouldn't take the chance on seeing a great live band for fear of the usual happening.Despite differing views we all want the band to be a success and reach as many people as possible don't we?!

Of course. But at the same time, I think it's obvious that all of the drama and uncertainty with GNR makes this band a hell of alot more interesting than most. The fact that they are the best live band I've ever seen bar none is just the icing on the cake. Why can't people accept that it's the same thing driving Axl's late arrivals and cancellations that makes him the best frontman alive.

EDIT: People will probably take that up the wrong way. The only way Axl is relevant right now is because of his bullshit behaviour. It is not for his music. Which one matters more? Music or bullshit?

The funny thing is that today the Guns N' Roses concert is the best in the world in every possible term specially the music. But who cares if in Dublin the band played one of their best concerts up to date? Who cares if Axl's voice was amazing? The press won't say that because they hate Axl. No... actually they love Axl, without him, what would they be talking about? AC/DC and their concerts that are a copy of each other? Bon Jovi and their massive single release of ridiculous pop songs? Aerosmith playing the "band spliting up" game? No. Without Axl this rock media coverage would be dead. If they can't talk about Axl's voice, Axl's body, Axl's hair or the band, they will find something. Even when Axl comes back to finish Guns N' Rose's concert, and with their charisma the band wins the crowd again, they find some bullshit to talk about. But not the music. Not the concert. These things are too good to be mentioned.

EDIT: People will probably take that up the wrong way. The only way Axl is relevant right now is because of his bullshit behaviour. It is not for his music. Which one matters more? Music or bullshit?

The funny thing is that today the Guns N' Roses concert is the best in the world in every possible term specially the music. But who cares if in Dublin the band played one of their best concerts up to date? Who cares if Axl's voice was amazing? The press won't say that because they hate Axl. No... actually they love Axl, without him, what would they be talking about? AC/DC and their concerts that are a copy of each other? Bon Jovi and their massive single release of ridiculous pop songs? Aerosmith playing the "band spliting up" game? No. Without Axl this rock media coverage would be dead. If they can't talk about Axl's voice, Axl's body, Axl's hair or the band, they will find something. Even when Axl comes back to finish Guns N' Rose's concert, and with their charisma the band wins the crowd again, they find some bullshit to talk about. But not the music. Not the concert. These things are too good to be mentioned.

Axl's the one creating the bullshit that is unfortunately overshadowing the music right now. It's not the fault of the press that this shit happens, of course it's going to be reported on! The guy's getting in his own way!!!

Of course. But at the same time, I think it's obvious that all of the drama and uncertainty with GNR makes this band a hell of alot more interesting than most. The fact that they are the best live band I've ever seen bar none is just the icing on the cake. Why can't people accept that it's the same thing driving Axl's late arrivals and cancellations that makes him the best frontman alive.

The problem is this as i see it, for me i don't mind waiting, i get slowly drunk and chat to people all the while building anticipation of seeing something fucking incredible.For some people the lateness becomes so restrictive, people had to leave the Hammersmith shows because of local transport issues and accommodation, not usually a problem but when you are talking the lateness of some shows its a real problem.I get the for most people the argument is " don't go " but its a really hard thing to not see your idol/s because of lateness, its also really hard to keep standing waiting knowing the public transport has you on the clock.I would sleep in the street if that's what it took but others have a far more practical approach.Some people are going to see the name and are not familiar with the usual Guns show and all it contains so it does piss them off.

Does it all add to the reputation?, of course it does but modern rock isn't about bad reputations its about value for money and bowing down to those signing the cheques, its not value for money if you need to leave 30 mins into a set is it?

Maybe but I don't have such a hard on for Axl that I think the fact he's getting a lot of press coverage for being a little bitch makes him relevant in any way... Do you jerk off to thoughts of his slap fight with Tommy Hilfiger?

I think you do have a hard on for Axl. A major, aching, throbbing one. That's why you are obsessing over him in this way. Slandering him relieves a little of that pent up tension you have I guess. Whatever floats your boat..

Axl's the one creating the bullshit that is unfortunately overshadowing the music right now. It's not the fault of the press that this shit happens, of course it's going to be reported on! The guy's getting in his own way!!!

True to a point but i don't recall reading a single thing about the crowd being on Guns side at reading, nor anything even remotely positive on the set even though most fans thought it was incredible.Yes he makes it easy but they love to twist it to suit the agenda

Maybe but I don't have such a hard on for Axl that I think the fact he's getting a lot of press coverage for being a little bitch makes him relevant in any way... Do you jerk off to thoughts of his slap fight with Tommy Hilfiger?

I think you do have a hard on for Axl. A major, aching, throbbing one. That's why you are obsessing over him in this way. Slandering him relieves a little of that pent up tension you have I guess. Whatever floats your boat..

Where in the hell did I slander him? He's proving the point fine himself!

Youtube videos still getting 100 thousand plus views, constant press coverage, massive discussions about the man over dozens of forums, jealous bastards racking up 8,652 posts trying to bring the man down . I think he might just be the most relevant figure in rock right now. Forums for other bands, even the latest bands, are dead in comparison.

Rock on Axl.

You're confusing relevant with liked. People tune into Axl like they tune into Brittney. Everyone wants to see the train wreck. It's fucking sad imo that his art will probably always be over looked and ignored simply for the fact that he's an extremely hated human being.

You're confusing relevant with liked. People tune into Axl like they tune into Brittney. Everyone wants to see the train wreck. It's fucking sad imo that his art will probably always be over looked and ignored simply for the fact that he's an extremely hated human being.

Nah. Dumbass comparison you made there. People tune into Brittney to see the latest shit that is going down in her personal life. People tune into Axl to see the crazy shit that is happening at the shows. No comparison really. You really have to try harder than that to slander the man.

You spell irrelevant funny.

Shouldn't you still be crying with RonMexico in the Dublin thread? "Wah wah I had to wait an hour, boo-fucking-hoo. Poor me" etc?

I saw a great show by the band. And I saw a fantastic show the night before, everyone was top notch. I'm not crying, I just think Axl's a cunt. Bipolar cunt at least.

Shouldn't you still be crying with RonMexico in the Dublin thread? "Wah wah I had to wait an hour, boo-fucking-hoo. Poor me" etc?

I saw a great show by the band. And I saw a fantastic show the night before, everyone was top notch.

And despite all of that you still can't stop crying and you still can't stop whining. Haha.

I saw a great show by the band. And I saw a fantastic show the night before, everyone was top notch.

And despite all of that you still can't stop crying and you still can't stop whining. Haha.

And look what you're doing? Crying and whining because people don't feel the same way as well. You're pathetic. I was disappointed because Axl stood in one place for the entire show, the band made up for it. I've never cried or whined for it, I just think he's a cunt. I'm not crying about it.

I think Hitler was a cunt too, it doesn't mean I'm crying and whining about it.